SAU Community

How-to: Greddy-style Plenum Install

ix9

this write up is awesome ..! just one thing is i dont remember pulling anything off this metal hose been told its a over flow for the gearbox hmmm i dont think thats right since it travels up to the plenum area .......help would be great..!

post-35959-1267623775_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

great post :(

but i would not recomend using ebay manifold i got one and when i had everything done i went to put water in and filled no two pot up with water. i relised this by water coming out of my throtle body before i started the car. pulled it of and it was leaking from water gallery to runner. porous cast aluminium. if u are going to do it i would highly recomend pressure testing.

sent it back and they sent me another one LOST POWER and the fuel rail didnt line up....

sanded and polished oem and refitted never happyer

and if you ar going to do this, mount the throtle cable Bracket better than in the picks, or your throttle body will stick open..

wow i must have got lucky with mine. fitted it 40,000kms ago, re used gaskets haha and hasnt leaked a drop of coolant since day one!

so i guess the stock throttle body can fit in these copies as long as i can find adaptor plate

can make your own plate,its not too hard really,:)

'' mines all sealed up no leeks anywhere, but im haveing high idle problems now, even with brown plug off offaac valve,when that is attached it revs even higher. and idle screws one on air control i put right in helps abit. and little one on throtle is screwed outhelps a bit,but still somthing isnt right . with everythng set where it should be it revs at around 1500-2000 can anyone help? cheers.

before fitting one of these you need to make sure everything lines up. i had to chop out a bit of where the AAC valve sits as when i lined it up i found it only had an opening of 1mm, i had to grind it out so it all sat properly - it would have definitely caused an idle problem.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...