SAU Community

How-to: Greddy-style Plenum Install

ix9

i will be ordering a FF intake from Vulture Motorsport soon, takes standard TB (R33)and is available in Aus for a reasonable price, same intake gasket part number for R33/R34 so it SHOULD physically fit a NEO motor but may have other fitment issues on R34

this thread will be extremely useful when i buy a gtst. i can't stand the original plenum lol. i'm switching from a gtr to gtst. i know its a huge downgrade but i'm caught in financial trouble.

does his package comes with all the parts needed?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RB25-intake-manifold-R33-R34-Intake-plenum-RB25DET-/170775341630?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item27c300ea3e

Edited by Mingy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought id post some pics of my plenum.

Used a genuine Greddy plenum and Q45 throttle body had zero problem fitting after looking through this thread. I didnt flip the injectors or fpr (i think it looks neater), also ran the coolent lines through the throttle body.

3rd pic shows where i mounted the stock bov and 4th shows how i plumbed it back

Performance wise bit of a drop in the mid range, but made an extra 4kw more :cheers:

post-54283-0-07774000-1333606636_thumb.jpg

post-54283-0-89289100-1333606651_thumb.jpg

post-54283-0-03488000-1333606670_thumb.jpg

post-54283-0-73730500-1333606686_thumb.jpg

Thought id post some pics of my plenum.

Used a genuine Greddy plenum and Q45 throttle body had zero problem fitting after looking through this thread. I didnt flip the injectors or fpr (i think it looks neater), also ran the coolent lines through the throttle body.

3rd pic shows where i mounted the stock bov and 4th shows how i plumbed it back

Performance wise bit of a drop in the mid range, but made an extra 4kw more :cheers:

Great job man very neat!

How did you go about changing both the cam cover breather barbs to the single outlet 90 degree ? do they just push out?

• 1 month later...

Ok so can anyone tell me what I should have plugged into the Vac nipples on the underside of the plenum?

Im thinking BOV, Rocker cover breather, FPR...... What am I missing?

Ok so can anyone tell me what I should have plugged into the Vac nipples on the underside of the plenum?

Im thinking BOV, Rocker cover breather, FPR...... What am I missing?

Carbon Canister if you are still using it

And are you sure rocker cover breather was one of them?

Should be BOV, FPR, Carbon Canister, Boost gauge

EDIT: You must have been talking about the larger Nipple that goes to the PCV valve

Edited by 89CAL

Great job man very neat!

How did you go about changing both the cam cover breather barbs to the single outlet 90 degree ? do they just push out?

I changed mine around so it looked a bit neater using the stock fittings and the stock position plumbed into the intake pipe. I pulled the T fitting that points straight up and out as well out and used a bench grinder to shave it down enough so that it would fit into the cam cover, neatened it up before I put it in but thats basically what I did

heres what it looks like:

20120510_162549.jpg

so where exactly does that line that comes out the side of the rocker cover go? Also, when I got my rocker covers ceramic coated I think the guys took out the o-ring or whatever it was that was in there... is there anything else I can use to connect that line with the one way valve?

The line that comes out of the intake side of the rocker cover is the PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) valve. If you just have an empty hole there, then they have removed the whole thing and you will need to find another one. They are pretty small and basic but the setup wont work unless you have a working PCV valve in there

It goes to one of the nipples on the intake manifold (i got a bigger nipple with mine which is the right size for the hose needed to go PCV -> Manifold

yeah well I have still got the hose with the one way valve attached, but I think there was an o-ring or something in the hole before that held it in there. Maybe it broke when we were removing it? Anyone know where I can buy a new one?

• 2 months later...

ATTENTION: DO NOT PM ME ABOUT "PICTURES NOT WORKING" OR asking me stupid fking questions (that are already answered in the thread) about this plenum install I did 5 years ago - using the words "lol cant werk out how to buy brass nipples dat fit aye" - If you can't read/comprehend - not my problem.

/signed: the cranky author of this thread who has rarely visited here in 3+ years.

ATTENTION: DO NOT PM ME ABOUT "PICTURES NOT WORKING" OR asking me stupid fking questions (that are already answered in the thread) about this plenum install I did 5 years ago - using the words "lol cant werk out how to buy brass nipples dat fit aye" - If you can't read/comprehend - not my problem.

/signed: the cranky author of this thread who has rarely visited here in 3+ years.

Yeah this is fair enough, the Guide (and the following pages) are more then enough to do the basic install. The rest of the stuff (like cooler piping, BOV location etc) need to be worked out on your own.

AFAIK Autobarn will sell you the fitting kit for these anyway, thats where mine is from and I got a bag full of bolts, nipples, joiners. Everything you need pretty much to put the plenum on

• 1 year later...

Hi there, I'm new to this forum..I have a few issues with the plenum/injector seals! I have a top feed setup with top feed Bosch injectors. The plenum came with 6 little bosses for top feed injectors. I have put the o rings on these and put the o rings on the injectors! The metal bosses are loose as buggers! I have been told to buy gtr seals and get the metal collar on each injector machined to allow the seals to go into the plenum with the injectors. This also means I will have to shorten the fuel rail spacers lowering the height of he rail..is there any other way of fitting top feed injectors creating a seal?

Thanks for any info

Stef