SAU Community

Cruise Alice

Sklyn

My R33 gtr has been on four different dynos, all within 3 kw of each other, not changing tune. Dallas had 3kw lower than the highest reading in Adelaide, so his dyno is pretty accurate considering all the varying geographical, climtate, operator, wheel/tyre ect. factors considered.

The figures seem to vary alot between makes though ie. a Dynodynamics vs Mainline. Seems to be up to 10% lower on Mainline.

Edited by BK

Both done in the same gear? U could b getting clutch slip up top end or something else that effected it

+1 on the above. And same tyres? Could have got wheel spin on dyno in Alice? Probley a few good reasons..

OK. Same tyres, same suspension, same everything except now i have a better clutch (reading lower). If the reading in alice (297KW) was correct and now its making 64KW more, ive got a standard series 1, rb25 punching out 361KW. Unusual?

It gets better. The forged 3L that blew, made 283KW on 18 psi but when melo put the standard one in it was running 17 psi and made 297KW with the same tune. Added to that my tuner here in adelaide said the rb25 was retarded by 20 degrees more than where he usually has it. So my question to you is, is it even possible to have a standard rb25 putting out 297kw when its a freaking retard?

And i thank Melo for retarding it that much, it made the car uber safe until i got it tuned on a dyno reliably.

I don't make stupid assumptions without having all my facts straight.

There are too many contributing factors here Martin. You will never get the same result between dyno's. Our weather conditions here, the fuel you had at the time, tyres pressures, strapping to the dyno. You figure now is most likely the most accurate but it would be useful to know which one or more caused the figure to vary that much.

What type of dyno was it in Adel? Hub or roller? That can always have a diff in Kw readings on Paper.

Edited by Rexlr8