SAU Community

Cruise Alice

Sklyn

Trying to find the time to run my car in. Still done less than 400km. D'oh!

Regarding Adelaide tuners from above posts- Turbo tune are a bit *** from personal experience (wouldn't go again) and Morpowa and Tilbrook use Martin Donnon from Willall Racing to tune their cars. In fact, nearly everyone tuning anything remotely serious in Adelaide sub contracts Donnon to do their tuning - V8 or import. He really is a cut above everyone else in SA.

Guest Rexlr8

I'm using Sean at S&J auto's in SA. He pretty much does WRX/EVO only. I'm greatful of his tunes and service.

But can Tune/service other cars, and a limited amount of ECU's. Who else is there in Adel?

• 2 weeks later...

Nice guys, im missing out! BK, have you used Martin in the past? I'm keen for a re-re-tune, im a paranoid *... What do you guys know about Yokohama Advan Sport tyres? i just got a set, cost $435 a piece and was wondering if I got ripped off or if theyre worth it? As for mods, ima do my fuel pump (paranoia) then look at the option of either forging an RB30 or RB25, or selling and buying a better platform... Or buy a house

Edited by Childzy

Hi mate. Yeah I've used Martin. He does know his shit but IF you want your off boost sorted for fuel economy you gotta make that pretty clear to him, as he didn't want to do it on my 32 (read : Very lazy). Still he's probably the #1 pick in SA, just gotta get him to tune EXACTLY what you want.

The Yoko ADVAN sport v103 are you talking about ? I run them on my R33GTR and retailed for $790 each as 275/35/R18 when Sambo was running Tyrepower. He gave them to me for $650 each so yes they are expensive, but they're Y rated tyres for going 300km/h +

Oh I forgot to add, Martin at Willall is expensive for tuning.

Edited by BK

my 2 cents, BUY A HOUSE!!!

Keep car mods to minimum then step up to a better platform in a few years. R34/5 will only get cheaper.

+1 for tunes from Martin, you only get what you pay for. He helped with r&d and parts to get the first r35 into the nines.

Experience like his from exotics to v8s will never come cheap.

Guest Rexlr8

+1 to buying a house dude!!

Pain in the ass, but f**king worth it! I'm not looking back. You can still mod/tune man aswell, just takes some serious saving on top of paying bills.

Bit quiet in here,

Well update, my motor dropped 2 valves on #4 for those of you who hadn't heard. Selling all the good bits to fund a conversion. Should be a headache.

Dammit man. What are you converting it to?

I like the sound of being #1 in SA, might get that done before I go to Canberra then. Those Yoko's are awesome, barely any wheel spin now and they ride beautifully.

How expensive are we talking? I know you can't give an exact number, I'm just after an idea like if it's going to be thousands or under $1k.

Cheers

Two posts in a row, I feel like a post whore...

Does anyone have any INDEPENDENT oil test results from various engine oils?

Im wanting some actual proof that the oil im going to buy is the best for my car and not just the best advertised.

I found I review from American streetcommodores.com (http://www.animegame.com/cars/Oil%20Tests.pdf) which has some good stuff in it and has a couple international brands we get here but im really after a test on domestic oils we would be likely to find in our stores. There also seems to be alot of controversy over oil and air filters too that would be nice to have sorted out. Can anyone help? I really want to be putting the best through my lovely lady (skyline)

Cheers, marty

Guest Rexlr8

Thats the exact same PDF i have saved on my computer from like 2 years ago.

Only thing i have found to be any use for information ever since dude. I think these days alot of keyboard warriors just say use this, use that. Blah blah. Go with what you think will be good for the $$.

I'm using ULX-110 engine oil, 10w40.

Air filter results:

http://www.australianauto.com.au/HTM...hoot%20Out.pdf

Edited by Rexlr8

Street commodores did a dry bearing test a few years back. Penrite Sin series of oils were the best. I have used that and royal purple and seems to be much of a muchness between them. Just avoid the stuff like mobil1, fuchs and a couple other brands that I can't remember right now. They are about as good as mineral oil, and in some cases even that would be better.

Conversion is going to be a RB26dett. Was considering a LS1 but a RB came up at a price I couldn't turn down

hey fabz i dont have your number, any luck with that turbo? the one i said i found got sold so hes my last chance or its going to be a rebuild- either that or its 1700 for a new one from another mob which im not keen on