SAU Community

Cruise Alice

Sklyn

CarToys is having their end of year sale. They're offering a special to members that head down for a promo event Friday evening. Anyone want anything while I'm there? Be quick, this is only avail for Friday night.

Hey guys,

car is for sale

1991 Nissan sil80 (180sx with s13 front)

manual

fresh engine

new turbo

spare gearbox

clean interior

18 jap meshies

made 179kw of wastegate pressure but will make over 200kw with a tune

has matte black paint

rear cradle sits to te left by about 20mm but doesn't affect how the car drives. Spacer on the right side would make it look even.

Reshell it for a good street car

I have put $6500ono on it.

contact on 0439504488 or pm me here.

Really want it gone lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey all R33 owners in Alice Springs I have some parts I don't need. They are left over from James car and will probably only suit R33's.

Complete mat set, rear bumper + skirts, headlights, door cards + glass, airbox + airflow meter etc - check the pics

FREE!!! if you come and take the lot. NO I DO NOT WANT TO SEPARATE & NO I WILL NOT POST

Anyone who is serious will know where I live and have my number already. Anyone else PM me.

I will be home sunday and monday. First in can take the lot.

post-44657-1280580968_thumb.jpg

post-44657-1280581000_thumb.jpg

post-44657-1280581035_thumb.jpg

post-44657-1280581063_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This sunday if you can make it or you will have to wait until Sept 11 street meeting.

You will have to tell me about WOA when you get back Cheech!

• 1 month later...

I heard that if you take an RB25 onto the track it will tend to over feed oil into the head, does anyone know any details on this? The reason I ask is because I took my car to Mallala and after a few laps I pulled into the pits and heaps of oil has blown out my catch can breather. I'm quite sure the engine didn't detonate at any time but I'm wondering if the rings might be shot... I'll do a compression test on my next break to find out, but I'd like to hear if anyone had come across this so I can work out how long I need to spend out bush to pay for it...

Before that happened I was having an absolute blast, makes me appreciate how much goes into running a competitive race car and the stresses the car has to put up with.

• 3 weeks later...
I heard that if you take an RB25 onto the track it will tend to over feed oil into the head, does anyone know any details on this? The reason I ask is because I took my car to Mallala and after a few laps I pulled into the pits and heaps of oil has blown out my catch can breather. I'm quite sure the engine didn't detonate at any time but I'm wondering if the rings might be shot... I'll do a compression test on my next break to find out, but I'd like to hear if anyone had come across this so I can work out how long I need to spend out bush to pay for it...

Before that happened I was having an absolute blast, makes me appreciate how much goes into running a competitive race car and the stresses the car has to put up with.

Pretty common for rb's to pump heaps of oil into the catch can during track work. 26's are worse for it. If you head out to the track, add a touch more oil to the sump and keep an eye on the catch can level every few laps. Only way to resolve the problem is to add a drain from your catch can to your sump with an inline pump that is switchable or to tap a thread into the back of the head and run a return back to the sump from there (although this option requires motor out and pulled down). Hope that helps man.

Edited by fmlycar

• 1 month later...

Is anyone in alice looking for a casual job. if so shoot me a msg.

its rental car detailing, 21.60 per hour, 8-12 days a fortnight. make anywhere between 1100 and 1500 after tax a fortnight. depends on how much you want to work.

Its easy as and you get to drive new cars, prado's, sv6's ect. discount rentals. some weekend work

Just need full license and not be to much of a hoon in the work cars. :P

• 4 weeks later...

That better not be bloody AVIS! I only got $900 a fortnight working 6 days a week flat out there...

I found out my first piston burnt out its compression rings, it's running half compression... berry give me your RB25!

• 1 month later...

Lol, pretty much is man, till the 180sx is resurrected, then it's game on once again. Look out prancing Lion, RB will be hungry for V8 pride.

Winter should be interesting to say the least. Might have to get a stagea for a daily just to keep up with Cheryl in the Legnum.

• 4 weeks later...

hey fellas..

its been a long while since ive beeen back. this is david (chris' brother "hypactv")

seems like this thread is dead. but im giving it a shot. hoping to meet up and join the scene again.

im here for 4 month and i decided to bring my s14a with me.

cheers

david

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty keen to see your S14a Chris. Hoping to have the 180sx on the road again soon.

Drag meet this month on the 26th, saturday night meeting if your keen.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi fellas,

I know it's pretty quiet in here and apologies in advance for the long-ish post :whistling:

I'm Fred, I bought Lee's R33 (SLY33) off him a couple of years ago. I'm a bit embarassed that it's taken me this long to get around to doing this but I had other financial commitments I had to sort out before I could afford to start buying bits for the car. I'm all in the clear nowadays and on a much better wage (full-qualified) so I've finally been able to get some coin together.

Today my turbo got back from its holiday to see Stao at Hypergear for highflowing, and now I'm in the process of organising an EBC, bigger injectors and Z32 AFM to support. I also have a Autometer/Bosch Wideband O2 kit and a Datalogit so I can finally use Matt Fedda's old Apexi PowerFC (from "DRIFTN") that Lee gave me when I originally bought the car.

The stock ECU really needed to go as it was running rich as hell and was generally driving me nuts. At this stage I've installed the PFC and have used the datalogit to initialise and tweak the base map so it's safe on stock boost with no knock values over 20. It's already a major improvement over the stock ECU with better fuel economy, snappier in the lower rpms, no more black soot being plastered all over the rear bumper and no more flat spots.

Once I get the new highflow, injectors and Z32 installed I'll chasing a proper tune. Just wondering if there's any possibility of getting a dyno or road tune done here in Alice? I haven't asked around much yet, but does anyone know if Carmelo would be able to help me out? or would I be better off looking at road tripping it to a dyno down south or maybe try organizing something with Anthony (Guilt-Toy) and his remote tuning service?

Cheers :thumbsup: