SAU Community

How Do You Change An R34 Tail Light Globe?

Ash

Hi Guys,

The Inside left (Red part, not indicator) light is out. How do i change it?

I removed the carpet stuff in the boot and it didn't look at all like my R33 did. It looks like i need to take the whole tail light part out?

Also, what type of globe do I use? I was just going to take it out and show the guy at the local servo and see if he could get me a new one (I know it’s a standard type, just not the name).

If you have pictures too that would be awesome!

Thanks in advance,

Ash.

Hi,

Thanks for your Help.

You're Right, I opened up the carpet and there were 4 10mm nuts. I undid those and the entire light assembly came out.

From there it was really easy to change the globes.

I took a quick photo with my phone (sorry for quality) for anyone who wants to know in the future.

I also found an old Jap razor blade in there.

Ash.

post-2049-1188710430_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

thankyou ash, great help! i dont have a user manual yet, had a quick look last night in dark and noticed the whole bootis lined so i gotta get that out, now knowing whats next is a great help. What globes were they? normal ones???

oh and ask a silly question before i do it, is there an easy way to release the trim clips???

Cheers mate. All was good i fixed it that arvo. The trim clips were easy with small screwy to lift the centre out a bit then pull the whole clip out. The stop tails had gone on 3 out of 4 so i replaced all 4. The 4th was on its way too so i suspect it was just an age thing.

For anyone wondering with the r34 gtt 4 door, it doesnt require you to take the light off as the globes are all easy removal once you peel the carpet back. See pics. Oh and fyi, the globes were $12.50 per pair at autobarn.

21042009126.jpg

21042009128.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...