SAU Community

Region Free Games On A Xbox 360elite (aus Version)

madaz R33

hi, i have read as much as i can on region free games but cant get a real answer, i have a new xbox 360 elite and want to buy a new game over the net for my boys. the game is Transformers but under the listing it says region free. will it work on my xbox? i appreciate any one who knowledge in this area and can make an educated gaming world comment, cheers Damo

region free normally means it will play on any 360 in any country. i'm a sony fan so am not real sure on the microsoft side of things but all ps3 games so far are not region coded so i can buy a game from any country and it should theoretically work on my aus spec system.

craig

Imports are mich cheaper usually. Colin mcrae dirt retails here for 110 or 120. It can be imported for about 70 bucks plus say 10 bucks shipping. Plus you would of got it earlier.

If the website says it's region free you should be alright.

LMAO OHH YEAH!! I do the same for PS2 (but its chipped) buy my games from America( www.ebgames.com ), get them WAAAAY cheaper and get them WAAAAY earlier!! Or with some games not at all.

But the catch is I have to buy a few at once to make it even out cos of the high delivery price ($60 AUD).

Hopefully getting confirmation 4 ya soon. I wanna do the opposite of u, buy an NTSC machine (cos of the $$$).

• 3 weeks later...
LMAO OHH YEAH!! I do the same for PS2 (but its chipped) buy my games from America( www.ebgames.com ), get them WAAAAY cheaper and get them WAAAAY earlier!! Or with some games not at all.

But the catch is I have to buy a few at once to make it even out cos of the high delivery price ($60 AUD).

Hopefully getting confirmation 4 ya soon. I wanna do the opposite of u, buy an NTSC machine (cos of the $$$).

You seen Playasia dude? the shipping might be abit cheaper, i think there in japan or china...

On topic - If the game states its region free, it doesnt matter what region console you use, itll work.

So, Region Free = Perfectly fine

Edited by SKYLVIA

Yeah play-asia easily has the cheapest prices for region free games, they're usually around $65 including shipping for brand new releases! They sometimes have sales on, and every time you buy something from them you get a US $5 off coupon code that you can use on your next purchase over US $50. What they do though is sell each game at US $49.90 so you can't use the coupon for just one game, but the trick is to order some cheap candy with the game to bump it up just over the US $50 mark.

They list the region compatibility for each game, so you know the game will work on your console if there is a green tick next to PAL. You can even browse by region-free games here, so you know that all games listed will work on your console.

dvdcrave is an australian site that sometimes has decent prices for games that aren't region free with the bonus of fast delivery.