SAU Community

Newbie From The Us

200sxRb20

hello all, ive lurked here before, using the search buton alot to gather info. Since skylines are rarer than smart presidents here, I can only pretend by owning a s13 coupe with rb20/5 speed setup. Just thought I would say hello after I've Lurked for so long.

lol welcome... don't sell yourself short there... JFK was a smart president, dunno bout the mob that came after him though ;)

I've followed some of the buildups you guys do over there (mostly on ziptied), and I must say the quality of work and the attention to detail in some of the builds is really good over there. Did you do a face swap on your 240sx? how's support for the RB's over there?

yes did the face swap, as I dont care for look of the us. spec 240sx. as for support, depends on the Rb motor. rb20det=parts harder to come buy, engines themselves arent horribly expensive compared to sr20dets, etc. rb25det=more aftermarket support, more expensive engines and of course the rb26dett over here brings in a good amount of money and good amount of aftermarket support.

here are some pics, yeah I need paint, lol

Silvia010.jpg

Silvia009.jpg

DSCN3613.jpg

Edited by 200sxRb20

nice sil, very close to a typical aussie street silvia. whats the paperwork like in regards to importing and installing a foreign engine?

is the 30y/o rule true? ive seen pics of all the old C10s and the like, how common are they over there?

i'm pretty sure that the silvia and sil80 were factory imports in america (hence the steering wheel being on the wrong side, LOL).

hey dude, welcome to the forums. don't take anything ctjet or myself say too seriously. we are the resident bully's of wasteland.

i'm pretty sure that the silvia and sil80 were factory imports in america (hence the steering wheel being on the wrong side, LOL).

hey dude, welcome to the forums. don't take anything ctjet or myself say too seriously. we are the resident bully's of wasteland.

they are also lovers...

you're half right.... the 180 (240sx) and the onevia are factory imports into america

as apparently the silvia headlights were too low or something so they didn't meet the US road regulations

lol, the ninjas are my secuirty system. as for the silvia imports, we got whats called the 240sx coupe and hatchback, Ie the silvia and 180sx respectivley. the front end was swapped because of the headlights, and instead of the sr20det, we got what we refer to as a truck motor(same motor that was placed in the nissan trucks here in the us) the Ka24e and later on the ka24de(hense the 240 name). its kinda crappy, so most people do the conventional sr20, rbxxdet/t, or ca18det(as well as more uncommon v8 from various makes) swap.

as for the rules on swapping the engine, depends on the state/city you live in. if the area you live in does emissions testing it can be an issue, but depends on the test they do. if the car is a certain age, they only do the "sniffer" check, so you can get away with it with a cat. converter, etc. now if they do a visual inspection, well, they are obviously going to know, and you will not be able to get it registered to drive. Luckly I live in an area that doesnt do emissions area so I dont have to worry about it.

and the squishy pipe, nah its not the actual pipe, and now that I think about it, I cant remember why exactly I had that shield on there. I know it had a purpose at one point or another. but thanks for the welcomes, look forward to learning from you guys(and gals?)

and here are my mods just for reference.

RB20DET(from A31 Cerfio if i remember correctly)

ARP Head Studs,

GReddy 1.2mm Head Gasket,

GReddy Timing belt,

Fidanza adjustable cam gears,

Hybrid FMIC and piping,

Turbo XS BOV,

HKS pod filter,

3" exhaust with Fujitsubo NGK axle back,

GTR fuel pump,

Koyo radiator w/ dual 12" fans,

GReddy EManage,

GReddy Profec E-01,

GReddy Auto Timer,

HKS Hypermax D coilovers,

front camber plates,

Cusco front strut bar,

Cusco front tension rods,

Zenki Silvia front end conversion,

Silvia Dual Projector lights,

16x7/16x8 SSR Integral A2 wheels,

225/40-16 Toyo Proxes T1-S,

R32 GTS seats,

Sparco wheel,

R32 tach in S13 cluster

as apparently the silvia headlights were too low or something so they didn't meet the US road regulations

silvia headlights aren't DOT approved, 180sx pop ups on the other hand are easy to change to DOT approved ones. Rather than redesign the silvia headlight (so that it dosen't glare into oncoming traffic etc) they just replaced the front end with the 180sx front.

Guys in japan saw this and started copying the americans... and the onevia was born.