SAU Community

[diy] Put A/v Input For 350gt W/o Reverse Camera

I see that this thread started back in 2007, with the last post made in April 2015. Unsure if anyone is still around but will give it a shot.

Got myself a 350GT coupe (2005) recently. It's a Premium Aero spec and lo-and-behold has the factory JDM navigation system. The Japanese owner(s) have done minor electrical mods:
- After-market ETC (there is a module right next to the rear-view mirror, and card unit on the side of the driver's side footwell)
- JDM police radar sensor
- Two 'tweeters' next to each of the front dehumidifier vents (which may have been connected to the police radar sensor)
- Two front cameras (mounted on the front bumper, one on each side, with a button to display the output on the stock display, with said button drilled next to the gear shifter)

So. My JDM navigation computer doesn't have Bluetooth (which I am aware 2006 models have, my unit doesn't have the Bluetooth logo on the front). I have since learned CCU-3400M, found in 2006 350GT coupes and Stageas, is the 'newer' navigation computer that sports Bluetooth and hence possibly Bluetooth audio streaming.

- First question, do the Nissan JDM navigation computers found on the 350GT (with the Bluetooth logo) support Bluetooth audio streaming from modern phones?
- Second, if I was to replace my non-Bluetooth navigation computer to the CCU-3400M, is it simply a matter of connecting whatever connections from the old to the 3400M? Or should I expect unexpected behaviours from the system?

Unlike many people here I wish to keep my vehicle stock (ie Japanese spec; knowing Japanese makes it a lot more tolerable for me to boot...). Over time I'll look into removing all the random bits and bobs permanently (removed the ETC unit, stuffed the 'tweeters' into the front-right-side pillar cavity for the time being; need to remove the entire dash to remove the thing fully)

Look forward to a reply. Hopefully!

Edited by 5ushimonster