SAU Community

[diy] Put A/v Input For 350gt W/o Reverse Camera

howie are you watching the thread while thinking about buying a V35.... thats why i am always lurking

Frank.. TOP effort.

haha.. maybe subconciously i'm being steered towards a V35 :closedeyes: Would love a 350 though.

Thanks.

Have a look a t the newest issue of HOT4's, you will get dep understanding of V35, from WA's C-WEST 350GT

Yes my car is a good example :kiss:

But Correction, its C-Red - not C-West haha :D

JK

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Frank,

Would you consider doing another car? Mine is the 05, non BOSE but should be similar. I'm in Syd as well.

PM me if you like on how long it will take and your price.

I can take everything apart and help you as well, but am pretty hopeless with the rest of it.

Cheers

Bobby

Hi Bobby:

I am free this weekend. if you need me to help you with the A/V, please send me a PM, we can make a time.

Cheer

Frank

ok - have done one with a camera. fairly straight forward . camera still functions and DVD (source) works when not in reverse. cannot remember if audio switches out with camera on.

someone remap the FKN virtual buttons on these things! both of us had problems finding the AUX in on the screen.

pics:

DSC_0155.JPG

DVD unit screen.

DSC_0156.JPG

DVD playing- DVD is encoded in PAL. hence colour issue.

DSC_0157.JPG

closeup of AUX in plugs

DSC_0158.JPG

distant shot of aux in plugs

DSC_0159.JPG

OE reverse camera

DSC_0160.JPG

TV box - clarion box in corner is the camera switch box - for those without cameras I believe I can still make this work so you gain a reverse camera.

DSC_0161.JPG

car in reverse looking up our horrible driveway..

there ya go- it does work.

(ta WAZ!)

man that's one sexy car!

it works great - when the aux input is playing, and you throw it in reverse, the audio doesn't cut but the video does. works well.

but i just realised that i don't have the ability to watch it whilst in drive, only when i'm at a stop.

does anyone have one of those boxes that cuts out the factory sensor for the brake so you can watch the screen while driving?

cheers chris. ive had a read of g35driver.com and it might be as simple as unplugging and grounding one wire that goes to the foot-brake, but i'm not 100% sure. i will also have a look this afternoon.. but i don't want to screw up some other electrics by removing a wire..

if its only the park brake then its no biggie, but if it also monitors the speed sensor then it might be an issue cutting that..

Edited by WazR32GTSt

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Frank for this, but do you have the photo that go along with the original post, they are not coming up....

For your reference I have found someone elses photos of a DVD System mod here:

http://photofile.ru/users/yura7264/

Using a "Mystery" DVD player...

Photos are working again now.... slowly but they do show up....

How is the video in Activated?

Edited by GTS4nMore

video will show up under VTR. select TV then VTR input. from there it will work if you have done every thing correctly.

it will not work witht eh IGN on UNLESS the handbrake is on and the car is stopped. driving the car shuts the video off at 5kmh.

I finally rigged mine up today and my video only stays on the screen for maybe 5 seconds and then it dissappears and some jap writing comes up. This was with the IGN on or car running, in park and handbrake on. As soon as I took the hb off the video dropped and audio continued, but the damn video kept dissappearing after a short timeout. Is this a user setting somehow? I noticed an option button in the VTR screen but it didnt make a difference. I have attached some pics of what Ive done.

PS for my cabling i used the wires from a 4 pin floppy drive power connector and some insulation tape - perfect :P Finding a suitable plug was too hard.

Image 1 - Video playing

Image 2 - Warning Message

Image 3 - VTR toggle option? What does this do?

Image 4 - Another warning

Image 5 - My wiring Job

Cheers

JK

post-11708-1193551290_thumb.jpg

post-11708-1193551568_thumb.jpg

post-11708-1193551646_thumb.jpg

post-11708-1193552644_thumb.jpg

post-11708-1193552682_thumb.jpg

Hi Jaik, its the display option. Press the 1st button on the 2nd row to go into the Display menu. Scroll down to the second option (should be 3 options available) then press enter to disable it.

Cheers

I finally rigged mine up today and my video only stays on the screen for maybe 5 seconds and then it dissappears and some jap writing comes up. This was with the IGN on or car running, in park and handbrake on. As soon as I took the hb off the video dropped and audio continued, but the damn video kept dissappearing after a short timeout. Is this a user setting somehow? I noticed an option button in the VTR screen but it didnt make a difference. I have attached some pics of what Ive done.

PS for my cabling i used the wires from a 4 pin floppy drive power connector and some insulation tape - perfect :P Finding a suitable plug was too hard.

Image 1 - Video playing

Image 2 - Warning Message

Image 3 - VTR toggle option? What does this do?

Image 4 - Another warning

Image 5 - My wiring Job

Cheers

JK

• 3 weeks later...
cheers chris. ive had a read of g35driver.com and it might be as simple as unplugging and grounding one wire that goes to the foot-brake, but i'm not 100% sure. i will also have a look this afternoon.. but i don't want to screw up some other electrics by removing a wire..

if its only the park brake then its no biggie, but if it also monitors the speed sensor then it might be an issue cutting that..

I have set up my Stagea ARX with this RCA input and I have found that I can play the movies whilst driving. On my car it seems related to the setting of the GPS.

By playing with the GPS menu (right hand top button) I have found that I can have the GPS active or static. What I mean is that when the GPS is active it tracks me across the japanese map (although this is obviously wrong). I have found that I can make the GPS static, it does not track me accross the map but does show the direction I am heading. When it is in this mode the movies will play all the time.

When the GPS is active, the movies will only play with the hand brake on.

Very strange but great result.

Andy