SAU Community

R32 Door Light Sensor

Inline 6

since i bought my car only opening the passenger door will turn the interior light on as the car thinks the driver's door is constantly closed.

after taking it to car toys they seem to think that i need to get the black box that plugs into here

this is how i have the plug hanging now for easy access

post-31501-1190008500_thumb.jpg

normally it screws in somewhere behind the dash here

post-31501-1190008522_thumb.jpg

so after going to the nisswreck and having them chat to car toys they attached the black box pictured below which they think plugs into the clip and the interior light problem was just the same (they seem to think there must have been something wrong with the 1 they had. i then got sent to another wreckor to find another 1 and i got the same part and after plugging this one in it gets the car thinking my door is constantly open.

post-31501-1190008632_thumb.jpg post-31501-1190008648_thumb.jpg

would any one that knows there electrical stuff or has an r32 with the interior light working be able to have a look at whats pluged into there's please.

the guy at car toys seems to think the black box should be a lil bigger but he's not sure if he's getting mixed up with the r33's

So your switch is fine, right? Maybe tell us what they actually checked?

That box looks like a window motor regularor or something. ?

I can't remember what your car and mine has exactly, but on my last car I could unscrew the button on the B-pillar, and clean the metal contact. I would imaging that the Skylines are similar? If so, I don't see why you'd need a special electrical board to short a wire? The button should un-short when the door is closed, and when you open, a spring pushes the button out, which is also attached to a metal spade-bit... which touches the inside of the b-pillar and creates a circuit.

I reckon I've got one of them under the driver's side dash, saw it when I ripped out a larger white box responsible for the reverse beeper (c'mon Nissan it aint no truck!), which had a shit load more wires going in and out than you'd think necessary but everything still works (cept beeper of course) so I'm happy.

So your switch is fine, right? Maybe tell us what they actually checked?

That box looks like a window motor regularor or something. ?

I can't remember what your car and mine has exactly, but on my last car I could unscrew the button on the B-pillar, and clean the metal contact. I would imaging that the Skylines are similar? If so, I don't see why you'd need a special electrical board to short a wire? The button should un-short when the door is closed, and when you open, a spring pushes the button out, which is also attached to a metal spade-bit... which touches the inside of the b-pillar and creates a circuit.

yeah the dude at cars toys has already played around with the door pin its been pulled out and cleaned up. i might rip it out my self and have a look tommorrow whats going on in there. there might be something dodgy with my electrics because a few times ive put my window down and its locked the passengers door at the same time, only happens bout once a month but its a bit wierd. car maybe haunted or there maybe a rat inside eating the wires.

ok done a lil playing with my switches

unplugged the pin switches on both sides and swapped them around still had the same problem so that’s not where the problem is.

while taking off the pins i did notice the light doesn’t work unless the screw that holds it in touches metal. some sort of earthing shit im sure, never really understood that stuff.

this is one of my problems the light doesn’t work because the drivers side got drilled out when it became stuck and wouldn’t unscrew. as you can see in this pic the light doesn’t screw into anything.

post-31501-1190267498_thumb.jpg

this is what it should look like on the passenger side

post-31501-1190267507_thumb.jpg

I also tried putting the screw in and then touching the metal on the door lock. worked on the passenger's side but not on the drivers so there's probly some wiring problems as well. dont know if you can get electrocuted doing this stuff but i didn’t need gel to spike my hair this morning. :(

post-31501-1190267487_thumb.jpg

im thinking chances are there's something wrong with the wiring to my drivers door, it just doesn’t make any sense any other way that the passenger light would work and not the driver's

• 2 weeks later...
Have you got power to the switch?

The retaining screw is the earth for the switch. If the screw isn't there, the switch won't earth.

yeah the earthing was part of the prob. i got a auto electricition to have a look at it and they checked the wire and found nothing wrong with it apparently it leeds into some box in the back which they didnt wanna play with, so they just hooked up a wire off the passenger door's to get it to work.

was abit of a pain but all fixed now and alarm working properly :)

cheers to all that replied