SAU Community

M35 Info

Brazen

I'm still a n00b to all this turbo business but I was told that standard ceramic is good only for 8 lbs and that mine with steel impellers and needle bearings is good for 13 but this seems at odds with the posts I see on the turbo lag thread

I now get a chortling sound from the wastegate that I didn't get before and lag seems a little more noticeable but the surge seems stronger and more sustained exhaust growl good and deep

torque could be up if I'm not mistaken is this possible?

no doubt putting 3" exhaust etc would improve things but I have spent enough for now

got to put my new bushes on this week and get my second wheel alignment done after and then catch my breath before spending more

I can ask for you but I don't understand why it's not available where you are. I'm going to Autolign here in Auckland. They have done M35 bushes before and keep the commonly failing type in stock. Here's their website.

http://www.autolign.co.nz/

yeah i thought it was strange no one had specs here too considering i'm in sydney and have tried quite a few well known places.

but thanks and if all else fails i'll just call the guys at autolign

hey guys i know there is a fuel thread but i just wanted to know what kind of km's people with m35's are getting.

thanks

Well with my M35 stag it is as follows:

First tank after picking it up - 20ltr/100k

Second tank - 16ltr/100k

Average consumption - 14/16ltr/100k

Trip to Jamberoo and back - 10ltr/100k

I found it was exceptionally good on fuel on the freeway, but drank like david boon in heavy traffic and when having fun with it.

Jules

Well with my M35 stag it is as follows:

First tank after picking it up - 20ltr/100k

Second tank - 16ltr/100k

Average consumption - 14/16ltr/100k

Trip to Jamberoo and back - 10ltr/100k

I found it was exceptionally good on fuel on the freeway, but drank like david boon in heavy traffic and when having fun with it.

Jules

My results are not that far off those numbers.

Results are varying from 7.1L/litre - 9.9L/litre (14ltr/100k - 10.1ltr/100k) with the average around 7.5k/litre (13.3ltr/100k).

Having just opened up the airbox a bit I have been playing a bit and am getting 7.1 at the moment.

Cheers

Andy

yeah i thought it was strange no one had specs here too considering i'm in sydney and have tried quite a few well known places.

The guy to ask for is Grant. I'm there tomorrow and will try to remember to ask for you.

so far 95 octane but will move to 98

On 98 RON, but if I get stuck 95.

Mind you my wife gets 8-10ltr/100 when she drives it. She ribs me that she only uses 1/4 tank for the whole week and I use 1/2 a tank on the weekends.....

Julius

On the out of town roads I have 9 ltr/100 km on my VQ25DET/ intown roads up to 20 ltr/100 km, :-))))

In Russia we;ve been translated xanavi informatics DVD-NAVI & it's on russian. So if U have smart heads then U can too!

Yeh I'm about 10lt/100km on the freeway....all this BS about exhaust and airfilters make fuel difference though!!!!....I'm about 18lt/100km around town. I get about 400KM to 450KM per tank. Oh and I only ever run 98....if I cannot get 98 I go 20lt's of 95 but with octain boost(bit of an overkill but my last car would ping on 95 and not on 98 so there is a definate difference....also I think Japan's min in 98).

Hey got more info on the xanavi informatics DVD-NAVI conversion Ayugene?

Sorry, but I'm not author of this conversion, but U can mail to the author & may be they can give U a codes of XANAVI core. It takes half of the year to understand the core. If they give U codes, then it takes less time of course.

http://www.xanavi.ru/cnt.shtml

Edited by Ayugene

QUOTE(cogdog @ 23 Jan 2008, 07:49 PM) *

The guy to ask for is Grant. I'm there tomorrow and will try to remember to ask for you.

you should be ok with the wgc34 settings as these are what they set mine up to and when I queried it they checked their John Bean database and it was all within the m35 settings parameters

nissan have stayed consistent with their settings so that's cool

he tells me that those radius arm bushes fail with low km's as low as 60k and this is consistent with my experience on the series 1 that I had too

I replaced 6 bushes in all today and now she rides nice and smoothly

total cost inc parts and gst $NZ 680 odd.

Some great news!!!

I made contact with a Russian company today that has done the conversion of the navigation system for the M35 & V35 from Japanese screens to Russian through an update to the firmware. They believe they could do the same for an english version but would require 20 - 30 units to convert to justify the investment.

The upside is that they are charging about $100 (not sure if this is US or Aust) in Russia to do the conversion.

We just need to work out if someone in Aust could do the install or if the units need to be sent to Russia. Lets think down the local avenue, who would know how to the install? Is this a Chris Rogers job?

I see light at the end of the tunnel.......... :rolleyes:

I took the M35 stagea that Croydons car yard had in Auckland, (light blue 72'000km). I thought it seemed a bit sluggish and the suspension did not feel firm at all. The suspension felt too soft for the first 1" or so of travel, it didnt get much body roll but just felt horrible and floaty. Do they all have this?

The other thing is i thought it was slower off the mark than an older 97 stagea, is this the case, as well as being a bit unresponsive. Dunno maybe its a lemon, anyone else have some experience with the suspension on these?, id like to know before i import one.

Thanks

Matt

Some great news!!!

I made contact with a Russian company today that has done the conversion of the navigation system for the M35 & V35 from Japanese screens to Russian through an update to the firmware. They believe they could do the same for an english version but would require 20 - 30 units to convert to justify the investment.

The upside is that they are charging about $100 (not sure if this is US or Aust) in Russia to do the conversion.

We just need to work out if someone in Aust could do the install or if the units need to be sent to Russia. Lets think down the local avenue, who would know how to the install? Is this a Chris Rogers job?

I see light at the end of the tunnel.......... :P

i'd be into that for sure.

i knew someone with a large enough brain would be able to convert it to english