SAU Community

M35 Info

Brazen

QUOTE(cogdog @ 23 Jan 2008, 07:49 PM) *

yeah i thought it was strange no one had specs here too considering i'm in sydney and have tried quite a few well known places.

but thanks and if all else fails i'll just call the guys at autolign

The guy to ask for is Grant. I'm there tomorrow and will try to remember to ask for you.

you should be ok with the wgc34 settings as these are what they set mine up to and when I queried it they checked their John Bean database and it was all within the m35 settings parameters

nissan have stayed consistent with their settings so that's cool

he tells me that those radius arm bushes fail with low km's as low as 60k and this is consistent with my experience on the series 1 that I had too

I replaced 6 bushes in all today and now she rides nice and smoothly

total cost inc parts and gst $NZ 680 odd.

thanks for the info. i should be able to get mine done somewhere soon then. :P

Some great news!!!

I made contact with a Russian company today that has done the conversion of the navigation system for the M35 & V35 from Japanese screens to Russian through an update to the firmware. They believe they could do the same for an english version but would require 20 - 30 units to convert to justify the investment.

The upside is that they are charging about $100 (not sure if this is US or Aust) in Russia to do the conversion.

We just need to work out if someone in Aust could do the install or if the units need to be sent to Russia. Lets think down the local avenue, who would know how to the install? Is this a Chris Rogers job?

I see light at the end of the tunnel.......... >_<

I'll be in this...let me know if you need any help....we should start a group buy thread for the units....I am sure we would be able to get up to 20 fairly easily. As far as the install for Sydney guy's as soon as we get some more info I am pretty sure I have a guy is Brookvale who can do it.

Sorry, but I'm not author of this conversion, but U can mail to the author & may be they can give U a codes of XANAVI core. It takes half of the year to understand the core. If they give U codes, then it takes less time of course.

http://www.xanavi.ru/cnt.shtml

Ayugene, thanks for the information and links. This is a great start to get the english conversion.

Cheers

Andy

I took the M35 stagea that Croydons car yard had in Auckland, (light blue 72'000km). I thought it seemed a bit sluggish and the suspension did not feel firm at all. The suspension felt too soft for the first 1" or so of travel, it didnt get much body roll but just felt horrible and floaty. Do they all have this?

The other thing is i thought it was slower off the mark than an older 97 stagea, is this the case, as well as being a bit unresponsive. Dunno maybe its a lemon, anyone else have some experience with the suspension on these?, id like to know before i import one.

Thanks

Matt

was that the 250t with the body kit they had for sale?

Some great news!!!

I made contact with a Russian company today that has done the conversion of the navigation system for the M35 & V35 from Japanese screens to Russian through an update to the firmware. They believe they could do the same for an english version but would require 20 - 30 units to convert to justify the investment.

The upside is that they are charging about $100 (not sure if this is US or Aust) in Russia to do the conversion.

We just need to work out if someone in Aust could do the install or if the units need to be sent to Russia. Lets think down the local avenue, who would know how to the install? Is this a Chris Rogers job?

I see light at the end of the tunnel.......... :P

Guys,

if you need some help dealing with guys in russia, translate to/from russian or organise pickup-delivery in moscow (or in russia), it is quite possible that I may help (as russian is my first language , I have friends in moscow and can possibly find some contacts in krasnoyarsk).. and I've got Stagea S2 with Xanavi unit :P

Edited by And

Guys,

if you need some help dealing with guys in russia, translate to/from russian or organise pickup-delivery in moscow (or in russia), it is quite possible that I may help (as russian is my first language , I have friends in moscow and can possibly find some contacts in krasnoyarsk).. and I've got Stagea S2 with Xanavi unit :P

Mate that's gold!

Andy how did you get on with your dealings?

Mate that's gold!

Andy how did you get on with your dealings?

Another option - I can probably give them a call and find out more >_< My 2 cents - sending the units to/from russia could be costly, it will be completely outside our control and may take too bloody long, unless we wanna pay a premium price for DHL or FedEx. I hope we can organise something else, such as sending the chips with new firmware or something like that, but its impossible to say without talking to the guys.

Also, they should be able to "teach" the unit to show something while you are driving, but for sure, it is illegal in Australia and we wouldnt do anything like that ! :banana:

Ok, I rang the guy. Half an hour on the phone >_<

To cut the long story short - they do (or can do) alot. Translating to English is not the main thing, they are aiming for proper GPS solution.

They need to know if there are any Nissans with built-in Nissan GPS systems in Australia - basically they want to be able to utilise existing Nissan maps; they are not exactly the same as Japanese, but they are close enough and could be converted to Japanese format.

As a prove, I've been offered a "demo" - they can prepare something partially translated and if someone in Perth is brave enough to be a tester, they will provide us with software and instructions and we'll be able to install it.

My understanding it that at this stage they are not giving away complete solution, they are still working in it (they call it "dealer version" :banana: )

Good and bad news for S1/S2 owners - they do not have anything for CD-based systems as it is an old system but if we find about 50 units, they may consider spending time and money and do something for us.

I believe that Andy has got much more info...

Ok, I rang the guy. Half an hour on the phone :D

To cut the long story short - they do (or can do) alot. Translating to English is not the main thing, they are aiming for proper GPS solution.

They need to know if there are any Nissans with built-in Nissan GPS systems in Australia - basically they want to be able to utilise existing Nissan maps; they are not exactly the same as Japanese, but they are close enough and could be converted to Japanese format.

As a prove, I've been offered a "demo" - they can prepare something partially translated and if someone in Perth is brave enough to be a tester, they will provide us with software and instructions and we'll be able to install it.

My understanding it that at this stage they are not giving away complete solution, they are still working in it (they call it "dealer version" :D )

Good and bad news for S1/S2 owners - they do not have anything for CD-based systems as it is an old system but if we find about 50 units, they may consider spending time and money and do something for us.

I will post a copy of the emails that i have exchanged with Fredo tomorrow.

There is going to be some time delay but they seem very interested in finding a solution and finding a pratical method of haveing the system upgraded in Oz.

Cheers

Andy

and to answer the question re maps : local is VDO based. format from the outside is totally different. look at the murano as a starter.

Thanks mate, I'll pass that info to the guys. Now, can we get a copy (disk) of AU maps ?

have one here i think. its the generic VDO one and NOT the nissan written version. nissan version doens support birdview though.

I got theirreply this morning, they ask for nissan version...

Ok, I rang the guy. Half an hour on the phone :D

My understanding it that at this stage they are not giving away complete solution, they are still working in it (they call it "dealer version" :D )

Please include me as a provisional on the conversion list. My M35 is the one trying to be complied (MY 2004) at present and I am approaching decision time on whether to junk it or persevere with the compliance attempts so if we continue to proceed down the compliance path and get it thru, I am definitely in for this.

cheers

Muz

As I said before, as a proof of their abilities, guys from Moscow are offering us a partially translated version. Install will be very simple, it's just a matter of putting a DVD in to a slot :D and I've asked for a "backup", just in case if something goes wrong or the car owner does not like new version.

Do we have any brave M35 owners in Perth ? :D)

As I said before, as a proof of their abilities, guys from Moscow are offering us a partially translated version. Install will be very simple, it's just a matter of putting a DVD in to a slot :D and I've asked for a "backup", just in case if something goes wrong or the car owner does not like new version.

Do we have any brave M35 owners in Perth ? :D)

Just PM'd ausis. Pretty sure his in Perth. Not sure if he has DVD SatNav though.