SAU Community

Installing A Manual Boost Controller

R338OY

• 2 weeks later...

ive installed the turbosmart tee mbc and it seems to be on 8psi and ive turned it about 10~ notches from 0, is this normal? the hose coming from the recirc to the solenoid is still connected but the lower solenoid hose has a screw jammed into it? is this ok?

post-45004-1252231217_thumb.jpg

my boost gauge reads -24inhg when driving off boost when im not touching the throttle but -20inhg when idle, this normal too?

• 1 month later...
ive installed the turbosmart tee mbc and it seems to be on 8psi and ive turned it about 10~ notches from 0, is this normal? the hose coming from the recirc to the solenoid is still connected but the lower solenoid hose has a screw jammed into it? is this ok?

post-45004-1252231217_thumb.jpg

my boost gauge reads -24inhg when driving off boost when im not touching the throttle but -20inhg when idle, this normal too?

Not too sure what's going on there as I can't see the MBC...but you don't need to keep the standard solenoid on. You can disconnect it.

Just run the hoses from the intercooler pipe to the MBC input side and then from the output side to the wastegate actuator (gold 'bell' joined to the turbo if you aren't sure).

That should do it, then just slowly wind up the boost until your neck breaks.

Any more probs with it let me know! :cool:

• 9 months later...

hey guys,

if i install this type of boost controller. Is there anyway of knowing (or judging) the psi with out a boost gauge? I know this might sound stupid but I do not have a boost gauge, and im worried if i just install it with out one i could cause some serious damage.

• 2 months later...

Hi installed the Turbotech mcb today on my R34 GTT. works really good. boost spools up quicker. Was a bit of a hassle removing the hoses but all worked out!

Heres some pics of how i installed it below. I just followed the same principles at this forum.

Before: some directions i added to pic

post-22350-1285999048_thumb.jpg

After

post-22350-1285999121_thumb.jpg

Cheers!

• Like 1

Just ordered one of these.

I have a speco boost gauge but have never paid any attention to it. So after I install this boost controller do I need to drive the car around and keep an eye on the boost gauge and see how high it goes?

What's a safe level for a r33 gtr stock.

Thanks guys.

• 2 weeks later...

i have followed these simple instructions. well done they are very good. My problem is the following. How do you know which way to put the boost controller in. I am using the drift t shaped controller it has one end that is 3 - 4mil wide and the other side is 1 mil wide.

To make it simple which end goes to the waste gate actuator small or big

also does anyone know how many clicks is safe on this sort of boost controller. don't have a boost guage inastalled yet am planning on doing it soon.

• 1 year later...

ok ive done mine wrong lol . so i understand now what to do the line from the intercooler goes to the boost controller and the other end goes to to gold bell thing..got it. my olny question is what do u do with the

vacume line that goes down and back onto some pipe that hooks onto the inlet pipe that my pod is on.

Edited by drewthegun

ok sooo im looking at the pic you jam a bold in the line that went to the top of the solnoid and you connect the intercooler and the waste gate one to the new boost controller...

so what happens in the pic d/c from lower solonoid? so you disconnect that line and pull it out or what??

• 10 months later...

with my solenoid i have some original looking hoses on them so they look like theyre connected, shove a little screw on the end of em and clamp them up.. just in case you get pulled up by coppers and they see it's still connected..have the hoses run down below.!! ftw

• 3 months later...

I wanna install the manual boost controller for my r33 S2 with standard turbo but aftermarket FMIC(no hole from the intercooler pipe) as well,one hose connect to the wastegate, and where can another 1 connect to? Anyone know?? Can anyone post some photo on???

Cheers

Edited by j_tucker

you already have a boost controller, use the same hoses.

See pics in first post to see factory solenoid which is what you are replacing with the Manual BC.

You might need to post a pic or look around a bit more =)

• 4 years later...

So I have just put in my MBC.

i have the waste gate actuator point connected to the actuator itself and the intercooler point connect to the intercooler pipe. The recirc line is still connected and the second line blanked off.

i have taken my car out, but is still not boosting above 0.5bar.

even when I crank it right up!!?

what am I doing wrong? 

8E83919F-44C6-4F47-8F1E-868CCA1E0A4B.jpeg