SAU Community

Installing A Manual Boost Controller

R338OY

I'm only guessing, but maybe the hoses to your boost T are back the front?

I followed Shorty_01 pics/notes in the post above dated Oct 2. 2010, also I have the same turbotech and it worked a treat.

Me being me, I suggest double check the instructions that came with boost T, again compare pics peeps have posted, re-check the hoses as they go through / come out of that rubber sleeve in case they have twisted around and not in the sequence expected.

yeah i agree with ^^. Sounds like the MBC is backwards.

If you are getting the exact same boost as before installation then it is having no impact. Either it faulty internally or backwards. (assuming everything else is connected properly)

When you say .5bar what is giving you that reading? the stock boost gauge is not in bar, and the stock wastegate is closer to .4 bar. If not using an aftermarket boost gauge i recommend installing one before installing the mbc so you can closely and accurately measure the changes as its easy to go into overboost which may cause other issues even though the ecu does have safe guards in place.

I currently have a Greddy boost gauge. 

I’m confident that it’s resdy correctly. Well as confident as I can be!

checked the MBC, and the hoses are connected correct. Double checked. 

Only guess is a faulty MBC. 

Damn.. 

I guess my next step would be to remove the mbc and just run the hose straight from cooler to gate and see if theres any change.

that should give you basic wastgate pressure of about 5-6psi (below .5bar)

How is the mbc conected directly to the wastegate? I'd think you would have to use a hose.

Check All connections again make sure they are all zip tied or clamped really tight. triple check the blocked hose as well.

What was the set up before you installed this? factory solenoid as in the OP pics?

then maybe return it to stock to see if there is any difference and make sure the two stage solenoid is working as normal, 5psi then 7psi (close to .5bar)  This will show that you can get boost higher then the gate spring.

And show us some more pics, might be able to spot something.