SAU Community

Custom Paint Jobs

exXU1

If you guys are doing some serious custom paint jobs , take a look at these guys - when you order that special paint for $500 to $1000 a litre - this is all its is!

These Pearl pigments and other metal flakes etc are mixed with a clear and applied -of course you need a base coat etc etc and need to know what you are doing .

have a look at the web site and there are instructions and examples.

The cost is fantastic - see if your paint shop will use if you supply, SAVE hundreds.

IF you want a " just dipped in paint " look then maybe this is what you have been looking for.

Hope you find this site helpful.

http://www.paintwithpearl.com/bigsale.htm

im not good with my american conversions...

for example if it says "25 gram bag treats from 1 to 4 quarts of clear." how much is a quart? or how many quarts are needed per car??

edit: oh i see it says a quart is pretty much a litre in insrtuctions

• 2 weeks later...
im not good with my american conversions...

for example if it says "25 gram bag treats from 1 to 4 quarts of clear." how much is a quart? or how many quarts are needed per car??

edit: oh i see it says a quart is pretty much a litre in insrtuctions

1 quart= 1 litre

• 2 weeks later...
oh cool thats easy then :rofl:

What colours are you going to go?

I went a silver base - the purple with a ghost red over the top. Should give that whole car dipped in paint look?

I was going to practice on my old EA falcon. But that got stolen last week so guess its not going to happen. If it turns up again as I'm hoping it will then I'll go through with it :)

I'd like to see pics on how yours turns out.

I was going to practice on my old EA falcon. But that got stolen last week so guess its not going to happen. If it turns up again as I'm hoping it will then I'll go through with it :P

I'd like to see pics on how yours turns out.

Will post pics when she is finished - be a little while though - 2 months.

there is an ebay site too...

http://stores.ebay.com/Paint-With-Pearl

Yep there are two sites - one USA based and the other Australian based but the one from OZ supplier is simply acting as a middle man and marking up too much for no effort ( in my opinion for what its worth?). Both come from the same factory in Denvar.

• 1 month later...

tmntgu9.jpg

up close of the paint

or you can be like me baller on a budget my entire car paint and clears cost me a little over 300. Just went to a local paint distributor mixed silver metallic with 2 different tones of green and threw some rainbow sparkles in the clear

r32skylinegreenxd9.jpg

finished car in the sun the rainbow sparkles blind you its wicked

tmntgu9.jpg

up close of the paint

or you can be like me baller on a budget my entire car paint and clears cost me a little over 300. Just went to a local paint distributor mixed silver metallic with 2 different tones of green and threw some rainbow sparkles in the clear

r32skylinegreenxd9.jpg

finished car in the sun the rainbow sparkles blind you its wicked

How? Did you have your own air compressor and paint gun as well? How long did it take to masking tape the whole car? And dry the paint?

No i took it to a local shop after i prepped the entire car myself. They charged me 600 to spray and tape the car. So I guess total price of my paint job was 900 dollars. I think i am going to try to spray my next car. I don't know about you guys but where i live you can actually rent a paint booth and they provide you with a gun and everything.

well prepping a car is really easy to do but takes lots of work... pretty much all you do is get lots of sandpaper and sand your car until the clear coat is dull... bondo all the dents and dings sand smooth and then primer and sand that

i don't wanna go through the whole process but 400 grit sandpaper is used for the sanding and make sure to go with the car

and no they are work xd9 wheels

and also i did not do the door jams or trunk or anything as i am putting in a new engine and rolll cage so i will get that all later... seriously unless its a show car who gives a crap as long as it looks pretty from the outside.. and also i fixed all the window mouldings before paint by simply using a black cocking to fill cracks and then black paint to spruce it all up again

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...