SAU Community

V35 Skyline Premium Vs Non Premium

MFC05

to find a sedan in manual is quite rare as it is, i don't think i have ever seen one with the brembo's thus i doubt it was offered

to find out for sure, why don;t you check out g35driver.com and see if brembo's were offered on the G35 sedan's that will gve you your answer quicker than we can

also, with regards to "premium" packs that are offered, you will findthat most people that advertise don;t even know what the options are. i have seen cars with premium being offered as standard, while others that have no leather being advertised as "premium".

Anyone know what this is? from '03 Coupe 350GT premium spec.

Just under the steering wheel next to the boot release & VDC off button.

Sorry for the bit blurry pic but it has a picture of one of the side mirror and a down arrow.

I tried pressing it (stays in for ON and pops out for OFF, I suppose...) but nothing happens.

Tried putting the gear into reverse, nothing happens, as I thought logically from the picture,

it is an option to tilt down the mirror a bit when reversing to make it easier to spot the kerb

during reverse parking..

If that has been disabled too during compliance? Cos it doesn't seem to work in mine,

anyone else have it and working?

post-328-1205236166_thumb.jpg

Anyone know what this is? from '03 Coupe 350GT premium spec.

Just under the steering wheel next to the boot release & VDC off button.

Sorry for the bit blurry pic but it has a picture of one of the side mirror and a down arrow.

I tried pressing it (stays in for ON and pops out for OFF, I suppose...) but nothing happens.

Tried putting the gear into reverse, nothing happens, as I thought logically from the picture,

it is an option to tilt down the mirror a bit when reversing to make it easier to spot the kerb

during reverse parking..

If that has been disabled too during compliance? Cos it doesn't seem to work in mine,

anyone else have it and working?

That's the button to tilt down the side mirrors when reversing. It's probably disconnected on your car. Interesting that the boot release button is different, mine goes from right to left to open the boot.

That's the button to tilt down the side mirrors when reversing. It's probably disconnected on your car. Interesting that the boot release button is different, mine goes from right to left to open the boot.

I think also - that the switch next to your mirrors tilt adjustment- to the left of teh steering wheel- that button has to be in, so that your using the top setting. (hard to explain), try it anyway.

I thought the one next to mirror adjustment is to fold the mirror back, e.g. when parking in small spaces/garage ? Is that what you mean?

I thought the one next to mirror adjustment is to fold the mirror back, e.g. when parking in small spaces/garage ? Is that what you mean?

Nope, that button actually tilts the mirrors down when you put it in reverse. I have it on my car and it's great to make sure I don't scratch the Rays when parking. When you finish reversing and put it back into first, they level up again.

I love it!

find the "mirror folding" switch on the left of the steering wheel and make sure that it is pushed to fold out, not in the neutral position (leave it in that position)

then press the small round "mirror tilt" button to its on position

then see if that works when you reverse :whistling:

from memory, chris rogers said that a lot is connected to that mirror folding wiring and its a bit of a nightmare back there so i hope it hasn't been disconnected for your sake!

• 2 weeks later...
there are many different specs and many different options that could be added on..

"premium pack" models come with

- leather/suede in black or full leather in light grey / cream (for 70th aniversary models)

if the car comes in leather/suede, it's automatically premium? some site doesn't list specs. but it does show a /leather/suede seats.

thank you :cool:

• 1 month later...

For those of you looking to buy a V35. I actually test-drove about 5 different ones and saw another 2, all of which were quoted Premium even though some werent.

The simplest rule that i went by is that a premium pack will always have:

-Leather/suede seats (Becareful because some people buy the base model, recover the seats in leather and claim premium).

-Bose stereo (charcterised by Bose label on tape deck not sure for >04)

-Dual climate control (you can see the two temperatures when you switch it to the head/foot vents).

If the car has all these then you can be sure its Premium.

Leather seats alone cannot determine its Premium.

http://history.nissan.co.jp/01_sedan.html

Look up the full specs of individual models here, premium and non premium.

My 04 350GT 5MT-Ax is Premium, but leather is a factory option. So even though it doesn't have leather does not mean its not premium. Look up your year and model and see what you've got.

http://translate.google.com.au/translate?u...en&ie=UTF-8

Ok, now I'm confused..... I just bought a '03 manual with brembos, advertised as premium (it has the bose stereo), but it definitely is NOT leather... Unless the rear seats are cloth on all models (my front seats have been replaced).... Does this mean it was a track version that has been optioned up with the Bose stereo? Or is it a Premium which has had the leather rear seats replaced with cloth??

Ok, now I'm confused..... I just bought a '03 manual with brembos, advertised as premium (it has the bose stereo), but it definitely is NOT leather... Unless the rear seats are cloth on all models (my front seats have been replaced).... Does this mean it was a track version that has been optioned up with the Bose stereo? Or is it a Premium which has had the leather rear seats replaced with cloth??

Hey Micah,

You more than likely have a base model with the Bose optioned. I think all manual 03/04 came with Brembo's.

Another way to check is does your air-con allow you to set te,ps for driver and passenger? I think this was only available on Premiums.

Front seats replaced - you didn't just pick up a certain car with blue front seats and full bodykit, with Carbon bits did you?

Hey Micah,

You more than likely have a base model with the Bose optioned. I think all manual 03/04 came with Brembo's.

Another way to check is does your air-con allow you to set te,ps for driver and passenger? I think this was only available on Premiums.

Front seats replaced - you didn't just pick up a certain car with blue front seats and full bodykit, with Carbon bits did you?

oh.... I dunno.... maybe I did :thumbsup:

It definitely appears to have dual zone climate control

post-39451-1211262485_thumb.jpg

oh.... I dunno.... maybe I did :teehee:

Wow - Congrats!

post heaps of pics when you get some

oh.... I dunno.... maybe I did :teehee:

That car is a premium, however has had the seats replaced. Charge Speed probably swapped them out into another customers car (hence the non leather rear). It would not have matched anyway.

If you did buy it, congrats. I hope you find a friendly compliance workshop.

Edited by Unique

According to my discussions with Craig Moore from J-Spec when I started out the process, the only thing "Premium" refers to is the BOSE Audio.

Everything else, including the Leather/Suede seats & Brembos brakes is an OPTION. This would go towards explaining why sometimes "Premium" cars have 17" wheels and no Brembos or Leather etc.

Seems there are a lot of misconceptions and differences in the true meaning of Premium.

The only thing you can really do to be sure of features is to look at the Auction sheet and photos.

Edited by MaXiMuS007

That car is a premium, however has had the seats replaced. Charge Speed probably swapped them out into another customers car (hence the non leather rear). It would not have matched anyway.

If you did buy it, congrats. I hope you find a friendly compliance workshop.

All sorted: every part I need is waiting here for the car to arrive: much excitement! ;)

there certainly is a lot of confusion as to what is premium

the biggest source of confusion is dealerships who all advertise their car as premium and will convince any sucker that their car for sale is a premium model when in actual fact it might not be

other think that "70th anniversary" models are premium when they are different altogether

see my list in post #5: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...t&p=3374691

that is adapted from the nissan website

for a early model coupe if you don't have leather/suede, bose, dual climate, "auto" headlights, and steering wheel audio controls, then you don't have premium, or parts of your car have been changed to either option it up or down

if you have a NAV/TV display, that is separate and a dealer option

if you have 18" wheels, that is a separate dealer option

max, do some research and you will find that the brembo brakes aren't an option, they are standard equipment for all manual series 1 coupe's.

the only thing i have yet to confirm is whether people were able to buy the base model and option in premium things like leather seats, but i think its fair to assume if you have only one of the premium options (eg you have only leather seats ofthe above list) then your car is a base model with the seats swapped out

not sure who Craig Moore is but if he sells cars remember to take everything he says with a grain of salt as he will tell you anything he likes to get you to buy the right car