SAU Community

V35 Skyline Premium Vs Non Premium

MFC05

there certainly is a lot of confusion as to what is premium

the biggest source of confusion is dealerships who all advertise their car as premium and will convince any sucker that their car for sale is a premium model when in actual fact it might not be

other think that "70th anniversary" models are premium when they are different altogether

see my list in post #5: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...t&p=3374691

that is adapted from the nissan website

for a early model coupe if you don't have leather/suede, bose, dual climate, "auto" headlights, and steering wheel audio controls, then you don't have premium, or parts of your car have been changed to either option it up or down

if you have a NAV/TV display, that is separate and a dealer option

if you have 18" wheels, that is a separate dealer option

max, do some research and you will find that the brembo brakes aren't an option, they are standard equipment for all manual series 1 coupe's.

the only thing i have yet to confirm is whether people were able to buy the base model and option in premium things like leather seats, but i think its fair to assume if you have only one of the premium options (eg you have only leather seats ofthe above list) then your car is a base model with the seats swapped out

not sure who Craig Moore is but if he sells cars remember to take everything he says with a grain of salt as he will tell you anything he likes to get you to buy the right car

You may be right about the manuals having Brembos (the same as the S1 G35s), but they were also an option on so called "Premium" autos.

Craig runs J-Spec - the importer that advertises all over the forum. He is not a salesman and has no particular interest in any one vehicle - he merely assists with the auction and import process. That was his advice to me when I started searching for my car.

You may be right about the manuals having Brembos (the same as the S1 G35s), but they were also an option on so called "Premium" autos.

Craig runs J-Spec - the importer that advertises all over the forum. He is not a salesman and has no particular interest in any one vehicle - he merely assists with the auction and import process. That was his advice to me when I started searching for my car.

i have yet to see on the nissan japan website about this being available on auto's but if you can provide evidence to the contrary i will happily stand corrected

and craig is a used car salesman. enough said. he might not sell the car to you but he has a vested interest in you buying a car and as such is biased in what he wants you to think

Edited by WazR32GTSt

i have yet to see on the nissan japan website about this being available on auto's but if you can provide evidence to the contrary i will happily stand corrected

and craig is a used car salesman. enough said. he might not sell the car to you but he has a vested interest in you buying a car and as such is biased in what he wants you to think

I'm not sure what you mean... there are heaps of "premium" autos around - some have Brembos, some do not.

As we said before, there is lots of confusion.

If you have a look around, the only 100% definite feature you will find in any 350GT Premium is the BOSE stereo (and the Brembos on 2003-04 6MT).

If no BOSE, no Premium.

Edited by MaXiMuS007

If you have a look around, the only 100% definite feature you will find in any 350GT Premium is the BOSE stereo (and the Brembos on 2003-04 6MT).

If no BOSE, no Premium.

If you happen to stumble on a link for a genuine auto with brembos, I would very much like to view. It would not be for the purpose of purchasing it, more for my own knowledge. As Warren said, I am yet to see an auto with brembos.

hmm

that's the first i have seen of it and that ad is a bit sus to be honest

first he is claiming that it is an AWD setup

secondly he is claiming that the 350z wheels on his car are part of hte"performance wheel and tire package" when they are 350z wheels

thirdly he talks about the sport tuned suspension being on a 6MT car

and fourthly his english is poor to not really unsertand what he means

i think he doesn't know shit about what he is talking about

its more likely that he has swapped out brembo's from a 350z or manual V35 than it is that his car came with them as standard

unless you've seen other cars max?

If no BOSE, no Premium.

I have Brembos and no BOSE.. what does that make mine? :rofl:

Direct quote from the seller:

"UNIQUENESS LUXURY SPORT MAGNIFICENCE CLASS POWER COMFORT U no wut they all get wet when they see this Car ;-) *DONT*MISS*OUT* Hey price is always ***NEGOTIABLE*** so Y dont U come and check it out???"

hahah WTF?? :rofl:

Ha I didn't realise how funny that ad actually was. Nice copy/paste job.

I thought I'd seen some others somewhere else. They may/may not have been added on later.

The conclusion doesn't change however:

Premium = BOSE sound

2003-2004 6MT = Brembos

Everything else is an option.

Call me cynical but I believe that this car has had the brembos added, hence the reason 350z wheels are used as the standard 17's do not clear them (350z wheels are easier to pick up here).

I am only going by my car, but I believe that the premium version includes, leather/alcantara, bose, steering wheel audio controls, auto on/off headlights, auto dimmer on dash and cluster lights, dual climate control (I might have missed a couple of things but you get the picture). Also just going on my car I thought there was a sport pack, which included brembo's, 18" wheels and sports suspension.

If you can find other autos with brembos (from factory) I would love a look. So far I am in full agreement with Warren.

the stupid thing i think is that there are so many V35's for sale now, and >75% are premium versions, you would be bonkers to not spend that extra few thousand $$ to get the works over the base version which looks plain in comparison as there are dash parts missing all over the place..

I bought my in Japan through the auctions, my agent told me the car was Premium with leather and the works, the car got in 3 weeks later with cloth trim was very gutted still dosent look as good as leather, but at least the cloth trim is suede type material.

dash parts missing all over the place..

hmm can u specify? the only difference btw Prem n Base is the leather n sound system... I dont see how thats gonna leave parts missing all over the place...

well you have:

- missing audio controls on the steering wheel (left side)

- missing dual climate control button

- missing "bose" symbol on the radio

they're the obvious ones, but ive become so accustomed to looking at cars for sale that these are the first things i look at now..

well you have:

- missing audio controls on the steering wheel (left side)

- missing dual climate control button

- missing "bose" symbol on the radio

they're the obvious ones, but ive become so accustomed to looking at cars for sale that these are the first things i look at now..

cheers, mine came with factory momo, so no missing parts on the steering wheel, cant really notice the dual climate ctrl button... :D

post-51047-1211940437_thumb.jpg

Fantastic then, apparently i have a Premium Limited 70th Anniversary V35 coupe then and i didnt even know.

All the trimmings bar the sunroof and reverse pack.