SAU Community

V35 Skyline Premium Vs Non Premium

MFC05

post-51047-1211940437_thumb.jpg

Fantastic then, apparently i have a Premium Limited 70th Anniversary V35 coupe then and i didnt even know.

All the trimmings bar the sunroof and reverse pack.

ive seen couple of them arund... dont really like it, made the interior look cheap, especially the steering whell...

a bit out of this discusson..

but has anyone one of you guys got the Sat Nav unit to work here....and the radio..

Premium or not....you got to admit the V35 (the price for what they are)... bargain of a life time..

ive seen couple of them arund... dont really like it, made the interior look cheap, especially the steering whell...

Well for me i think the tanned looks classier than the black, especially during the day and im from the islands so it suits my brown skin. :bunny:

I do agree about the steering wheel though it looks abit domestic, but that cant be too hard to fix with the next pay cheque lol

but it comes down to taste and the heated seats on this model are sweeet.

For those of you who did not get the luxury of leather seats, I am currently investigating an alternative for those who are interested.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ja...ml#entry3894284

been quoted $960 for the set front and back and if they look as good as the pics in the brochure..might be a worthwhile investment.

• 5 weeks later...
Call me cynical but I believe that this car has had the brembos added, hence the reason 350z wheels are used as the standard 17's do not clear them (350z wheels are easier to pick up here).

I am only going by my car, but I believe that the premium version includes, leather/alcantara, bose, steering wheel audio controls, auto on/off headlights, auto dimmer on dash and cluster lights, dual climate control (I might have missed a couple of things but you get the picture). Also just going on my car I thought there was a sport pack, which included brembo's, 18" wheels and sports suspension.

If you can find other autos with brembos (from factory) I would love a look. So far I am in full agreement with Warren.

I haven't seen auto premium with brembos yet but Geoff from Prestige has confirmed with me that he's seen them in auctions from time to time in Japan.

They are easy to missed as most ppl will think they're 6MT track model if didn't pay attention properly to the the 'premium' japanese wording after the 350GT model on the auction sheet and spotted the 5AT-X transmission.

so just quickly a two part question..

• Can you have a 350GT Premium (brembo's/bose/semi-leather/blah) but with no sat nav/in dash screen?
  • Does the in dash screen only come with the sat nav factory option?

And if anyone can guesstimate this for me:

When looking at buying a vehicle what do you all think would be the worth of the nav system?

- e.g. car is worth $29k - no satnav // $30k - with satnav

cheers all :(

I haven't seen auto premium with brembos yet but Geoff from Prestige has confirmed with me that he's seen them in auctions from time to time in Japan.

well i call his BS on it until i have evidence otherwise

about 100+ cars here in australia would prove him wrong

well i call his BS on it until i have evidence otherwise

about 100+ cars here in australia would prove him wrong

Here we go again, eh Waz? :blush:

I was with Rianto, but after our discussion I'm not so sure. It is *likely* but unconfirmed that the autos with Brembos were aftermarket additions.

who's got access to daily USS auction and plenty of time, maybe wanna watch the auctions over the next few weeks see if anything comes up :)

I also thought the brembos were a tick-on option, as there's 6MT premium manual with leather, nav but no brembo.

nav I think is also a tick-on option as I've seen premium models without nav, just bose and steering audio controls.

i think the only std on premiums are semi leathers, bose & steering wheel control (if the owner didn't option for the optional momo).

most ppl with autos probably not gonna tick brembos because they won't be interested to take it to the track...

• 2 weeks later...

Wow there's a lot of confusion about this Premium issue. I sit in a few dozen V35's each week at the auctions and I can say that I have definitely seen Premiums without leather. As in the Nissan books in the glove box say it's a Premium and there is no leather so people who are saying that a Premium must have leather for a series 1 coupe anyway I don't think so. I have not noticed if the dual aircon display is only on Premium vs non Premium models so I'll keep an eye open for that. In my experience the ONLY difinitive thing that I can see is the difference between the two is the BOSE sound system. That's it. Regardless of Premium or not the leather and TV/satnav are all options. ONLY 70th anniversary models got full leather.

So, don't use leather as a way of telling if a car is Premium or not on a series 1, it tells you nothing.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if MOMO Steering wheel is a factory option on the V35? I have no seen a single one that has this option in Australia, yet mine looked pretty stock with Nissan badge and airbag...

Does anyone know if MOMO Steering wheel is a factory option on the V35? I have no seen a single one that has this option in Australia, yet mine looked pretty stock with Nissan badge and airbag...

Yes it is a dealer option. I've seen it in a few v35s. Only thing is you don't get SWC.

There are actually two Momo steering wheel options for V35's, neither has steering wheel controls.

Both are rare, but there is this style (excuse my legs):

momo1.jpg

And this style which is only with the optional wood grain trim (not common)

momo2.jpg

I've only seen them in coupes so not sure about sedans and what they may have come with.