SAU Community

V35 Skyline Premium Vs Non Premium

MFC05

• 2 weeks later...

Changed or not changed that doesn't matter or worry me a bit, they're 100% OEM brembo calipers and will perform just as good as when they came out of the factory. I could always put the standard plain OEM rotors back on if that makes you happier....

If the OEM rotors are not worn I would have kept them on, the stock ones are starting to squeal a bit and there are scores on the rotors surface.

As I am organising group buy on these rotors and pads, it feels funny if I never had tried any of the rotors or pads before, so I thought what the heck, just get a set of the top end grooved & dimpled rotors and the redstuff street pads and try how they go. Rotors were swapped by Race Brakes @ Yarraville, all done professionally, plus brake fluid flush and bleed with DOT5. Result is very smooth and very quiet brakes, in both light or hard braking.

Changed or not changed that doesn't matter or worry me a bit, they're 100% OEM brembo calipers and will perform just as good as when they came out of the factory. I could always put the standard plain OEM rotors back on if that makes you happier....

If the OEM rotors are not worn I would have kept them on, the stock ones are starting to squeal a bit and there are scores on the rotors surface.

As I am organising group buy on these rotors and pads, it feels funny if I never had tried any of the rotors or pads before, so I thought what the heck, just get a set of the top end grooved & dimpled rotors and the redstuff street pads and try how they go. Rotors were swapped by Race Brakes @ Yarraville, all done professionally, plus brake fluid flush and bleed with DOT5. Result is very smooth and very quiet brakes, in both light or hard braking.

Good stuff... just one question though isn't Dot 5 fluid Silicon based, which can (and does) swell seals and O-rings in the system?

I have always used Dot 5.1, which I am led to believe is not based on Silicone.

I heard that too. Just can't remember which one is which. Then it is DOT 5.1

I'm not good at remembering the 'decimals' point... I believe any good brake shops won't fill my reservoir with DOT 5, it should be DOT 5.1 then.

I heard that too. Just can't remember which one is which. Then it is DOT 5.1

I'm not good at remembering the 'decimals' point... I believe any good brake shops won't fill my reservoir with DOT 5, it should be DOT 5.1 then.

Yep, most shops that I know of want to use Dot 4, in fact Dot 5.1 is a very strange request. I doubt anyone would offer Dot 5 and if they do, I would be leaving....

Anyway, I always bring my own purchased from a motorbike shop. I think most of them would have it at about $18 per 500ml bottle, which will easily do a flush, including the clutch.

If you need a full change 2 bottles is normally enough.

My brand that I trust is Motul 5.1, which I think used to be called (or still is) EBF600 or something similar.

Edited by Stephen Thorpe

• 3 weeks later...

Just add another question - Does the sun visor on the non-premium ones have a light when you look at the vanity mirrors? or is this a premium or dealer option only?

My observations tend to go with what has already been said:

Premium = BOSE + wheel controls + Dual Zone.

BTW that MOMO wheel that Ben from J-spec posted - I think that is mine from my Silver V35 Manual... :P Hey Ben you did not send me the shots with your legs in it when you sent me the inspection pics! I feel ripped off now! :kiss:

• 4 months later...
there are many different specs and many different options that could be added on..

"premium pack" models come with

- leather/suede in black or full leather in light grey / cream (for 70th aniversary models)

- bose stereo upgrade

- dual climate control

- auto-off headlights

- steering-wheel controls for radio

"track spec" models come with:

- brembo brakes

- LSD

Note: ONLY available on manual transmission equipped 03-05 models

"sport" models come with

- different front bumper with larger air intakes

- momo steering wheel (i don't like it personally)

- 19" rays wheels - 5-spoke

options that can be installed from the factory or from the dealer that are NOT part of premium or track or sport models include:

- sunroof

- spoiler

- mud guards / rear pods

- 18" wheels - 7-spoke

- nav system

- reversing pack: rear camera + fold-down mirrors for reverse

- dealer-installed DVD player separate to the nav DVD rom (rare)

- AC power source

- floor mats

- toll card reader in upper glovebox

- immobiliser with shock sensors (can be seen on top of dash)

Has anyone heard of a 'Nismo edition' v35??

might've been one of those American 'Track' ones- not too sure.

the one in question is 2004 5AT Standard- comes with Brembos, VDC, Nismo exhaust, momo steering wheel and Bilstein shocks. It also comes with BOSE stereo-- BUT NO LEATHER/SUEDE seats.

Can anyone shed any light on what this model is actually called (IF it actually is a Nismo model or just one with factory extras)? where it was sold (JAP/US)?

Cheers

I Believe the Only thing can be called a Nismo Version if it has the S-Tune.

S-tune consisting the Intake Filter, Spark plugs, Ecu Tuning and Exhaust i think.

But if not people can just buy the Nismo exhaust and called it Nismo Edition or sort.

I would not buy it!

Appears like the basic bottom of the range Auto version of the car with a Nismo wheel only and then some other aftermarket stuff.

That car has been for sale for more than 12 months.

Note it is missing the cold air intake plastic from the front of the engine bay... not sure why you would deliberately remove this so I would assume accident damage?

3719371.jpg

Not sure on the yellow wires either...

Also they used to have good pictures but now the pictures offered are of totally random cars - not the same one - never trust someone who does this! (different wheels, one with a spoiler one without...)

Then there is now the picture of 3 cars??

I half think the guy has maybe sold the original car but has imported another or even 2 more and is trying to use his original add to sell the next couple - hence why the photos have changed.

One car (with the factory 18's) appears to be of a manual! The aftermarket wheels are fitted to the "Nismo" one - the Auto...

My 6 speed manual has more of a "sports edition" to it than that car - Nismo rear spoiler - the big one not a lip one nor the flat one, the nismo wheel and the front lip.

WOW great pick-up ShadowKnyght!! yeh i was wondering why there are pictures of three different cars in the one ad- abit sus to me.

and yes this particular car has been advertised for a while now with several price drops- again a little bit sus

im interested in actually checking it out n comparing the car with other v35s. il post my reflections on the test drive

• 1 month later...