SAU Community

V35 Skyline Premium Vs Non Premium

MFC05

Is there any way to tell if they are premium by the VIN number?

Seems like it would be a more reliable way of working it out

Pretty sure you can run VIN trough Nissan FAST and see what options it came with

this will not deter every dealer telling that every V35 they sell is premium :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Just got myself a 2006 V35 (Series 3) direct from Japan. Its currently en-route. The car comes with OEM 19inch RAYS wheels. Is this an indicator as to whether it also comes with LSD?

Ok thanks..that's what I thought...don't know about the Brembo brakes though because I though they phased those out after Series 1. Oh well, will know in 2 weeks time when the car arrives.

From what i know the 19 inch wheels came on the sport model, which had the LSD and Brembo brakes but i could be wrong.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Just wondering does series 3 have different criteria to distinguish premiums and non premiums?

I have leather/suede seats

Dual climate

Auto lights with bi-xenons (standard on all 2006 models)

Steering control

However I'm not sure whether it has a Bose stereo or not. The centre console is different to previous models and there the MD player is, it says MD ---(something) instead of Bose... The sound system in the car is quite good. Can any other 06 model owners verify this?

Also someone mentioned 06 premium models have sunroof and keyless engine start, but i thought they were only for US models.

Thanks

I have a series three also (dec '05), If you open up the glove box where the Nav DVD thing is you should see a bluetooth logo.

From what I remember if it has bluetooth it is a premium series 3. Mine has the 19's, half leather and steering controls, bi-xenon, dual climate but no bose. Unless it actually says Bose on the MD player then its not. Not sure about LSD etc. After the first couple of years almost everything seemed to be factory options etc so it just got hard to tell. But i'm fairly certain that if it has Bluetooth, its a premium.

Edited by dcmudge

I have a series three also (dec '05), If you open up the glove box where the Nav DVD thing is you should see a bluetooth logo.

From what I remember if it has bluetooth it is a premium series 3. Mine has the 19's, half leather and steering controls, bi-xenon, dual climate but no bose. Unless it actually says Bose on the MD player then its not. Not sure about LSD etc. After the first couple of years almost everything seemed to be factory options etc so it just got hard to tell. But i'm fairly certain that if it has Bluetooth, its a premium.

Thanks for the reply. Mine has the bluetooth logo and the Bluetooth button on both the centre console and the steering wheel. 6 disc cd changer but no Bose on the MD player.

If it is a premium doesn't it come with the Bose stereo?

If you have a manual + I think rays 19 inch factory wheels then u are likely to have LSD

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

Just been reading through here trying to figure out just what spec it is that I have. I think on the first page it was listed; I have the head deck with the flip-out (rather than the dash mounted "pop-out") screen with the DVD ROM built into the deck rather than above the glove box. I tried (and succeeded) in playing regular DVDs on it also.

I've been told from Xanavi Australia that this series system cannot be translated from Japanese to English either (wrong thread, I know).

So I'm just wondering what sort of package I have. It's a 2003 350 GT.

Thanks.

Hey guys,

Just been reading through here trying to figure out just what spec it is that I have. I think on the first page it was listed; I have the head deck with the flip-out (rather than the dash mounted "pop-out") screen with the DVD ROM built into the deck rather than above the glove box. I tried (and succeeded) in playing regular DVDs on it also.

I've been told from Xanavi Australia that this series system cannot be translated from Japanese to English either (wrong thread, I know).

So I'm just wondering what sort of package I have. It's a 2003 350 GT.

Thanks.

I'm guessing yours is already moddified

• 3 weeks later...

It must be pretty picky with DVDs also. I just tried with another DVD and it wouldn't play. How do you mean modified, man?

if your trying to play DVD's on it, remember that Japan's DVD region is completly diffrent to ours. so unless you have a region free disc, or a REGION 2 DVD. it probably wont play :)

• 1 month later...

Premium comes with dual climate control and bose sound system. I'm not too sure if heated seats are an option on the premium though.

Mine is premium and it didn't come with any Brembo's (common misconception for premium model).

Its from the Auction....... the people who bidded on this car for me at the auction told me it premium model cause its got 18s and comes with half leather..... but i never trust them from what they say.

From what I have found, the only 'premium only' feature on the S2 Sedans is the Bose audio. everything else can be optioned on the non-premium model. I have a non-premium, but have dual zone climate control and steering wheel audio controls.

I think the coupe premium also got leather seats, but again, that may have been an option on the 'non premium'

• 1 month later...

So i have seen alot of arguments about premium, the real issue here is working out what ones have a LSD in them when looking on the auctions, im in the process of working out if its worth getting a manual with brembo/LSD and turbo kiting it or just doing it to my 5AT that i have now, any ideas on how to pick the "track" spec out with the LSD would be great.

So i have seen alot of arguments about premium, the real issue here is working out what ones have a LSD in them when looking on the auctions, im in the process of working out if its worth getting a manual with brembo/LSD and turbo kiting it or just doing it to my 5AT that i have now, any ideas on how to pick the "track" spec out with the LSD would be great.

1. You can identify this so long as you get the 6 digit model number (i.e. the CPV35 - xxxxxx) from the auction sheet.
  2. Use this link to input in the 6 digit number (in the following format CPV35-XXXXXX) in in order to get the Nissan Fast 18 digit code. http://jpcenter.ru/month
  3. If the 17th digit of the Nissan Fast code (second last) is a D, then you have LSD. If it is a dash, no LSD.

• 2 months later...