SAU Community

V35 Skyline Premium Vs Non Premium

MFC05

From what I have noticed it will only pull forward on its own if the passenger door is also open. If I have the door closed it will never move automatically

...so as to not squash / kill your passenger. It's a safety feature. Embrace it.

Personally, I thank Nissan and their Japanese smarts for incorporating this feature into the V35 Coupes :)

I certainly don't want to be that front passenger person who becomes sandwiched between the seat and the dash due my rear passenger prematurely ejecting me.

• 2 weeks later...

sedans there is so many different sub grades of each engine grade it is not funny.

I have a 250GTe (base model, manual seats, double din and fixed back seat) , there is also 250GT, 250GTm, 300GT and 300GT premium. All models bare base 250GT had the option for s collection (black leather/suede) or p collection which is full cream leather.

All models got power fold mirrors. Auto dipping was an option (by itself or part of a pack with camera)

For sedan owners if you want to know more let me know.

Hey everybody I am new to this website. I need help on my vq25dd. I was trying to take out the injector but rite now all the the injector is in the engine block hard to remove an I have already remove the fuel rail an everything else. Only the injector hard to come out. Can some please give me some assitance. Thanks

Hey everybody I am new to this website. I need help on my vq25dd. I was trying to take out the injector but rite now all the the injector is in the engine block hard to remove an I have already remove the fuel rail an everything else. Only the injector hard to come out. Can some please give me some assitance. Thanks

Hi spector171. Suggest you grab a big hammer and hit it hard. That'll fix it :-)

• 4 months later...

Seems to me that the best way given that no-one seems to actually be sure what is 'premium' is to buy a year specific grade 4 / 4.5 , specify 'non premium' so that you get the best price and see WTF turns up.

:rofl2:

Edited by BASHO

I'm sure I posted a link in this thread to the Nissan Japan webpage, which will tell you what features are premium and what are options.

Don't have time to search right now.

Edit- here it ishttp://translate.google.com/translate?prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fhistory.nissan.co.jp%2FSKYLINE%2FV35%2F0411%2FGRADE%2Fmain6.html&sl=ja&tl=en&history_state0=

Edited by sonicii

Ah Ha, Premium- = black interior, ice steering wheel controls , satnav , DVD system , ----- 'Plain as Coupe' = Black interior , now I know I'm definitely going for the non premium---seriously----. thanks again sonicii.

:cheers:

• 1 year later...

V35 350GT Manual sedans are are as rare as Rocking horse poo, AND, they are all listed as "Premium" but my 2004 model has missed out on Brembo's (knew it wouldn't have these), leather, (Not a problem for me) no Bose, (A factory option, even on a premium sedan) and no steering wheel controls. The help I have had in here to determine my cars authenticity has been fantastic - thank you.

This car will hopefully be as reliable and painless as my beautiful R34 GTT sedan was for all the years I owned it. I recently lost it in a horrific accident on Peninsula link, and the car quite literally died for me. I hate to think whether or not I would be typing this, If I hadn't of been in that car. My injuries are still extensive but I'm here, so I just had to get another Skyline. Thanks to my agreed value with #shannons, I had enough to buy a very good V35.

A couple of pics of the R34 before and after. This was a trophy winning car. Rear ended at 100 KPH and shunted into a wall head on on peninsula link.

10354820_752704474778458_609243231740882

DSC_0557.jpg

DSC_0520.jpg

DSC_0531.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I seem to have G35 wheels (after market colour) on my (new to me) 2007 G36 350 gt type P.

These are all 18x8, currently shod with 235/40 crap..Bonanza???

It is hard to match the factory rolling diameter of originals with new tyres. 

Originals  for 'type p' were 17's all round with 225/55, on the type sp, 18X 7" and 18 X 8 1/2" with  225/50 f and 245/45 r.

However, 245/45 are too wide for my current 8"...

I was hoping for wider than 235 on my rears on existing rims

What to do?

Find some SP 18 rims?   i.e. 18x7" and 18x18.5"...(I like the staggered look).

Sadly budget constraints preclude re new rims atm.

Tnx.

NB In Australia.

IMG_1787.thumb.JPG.e173e7f9433eff58ca9221c2be9d653c.JPG

They look like coupe V35 18s.  I have these on my V35 sedan and I am running 245/45 all round without issue.  I find 245 a good width for these rims, they protrude just far enough past the rim so you don't tear up your rims if you touch a gutter, but not too far that they bulge.

Factory tyre sizes on these rims on the coupe was 245/45 rear, 225/45 front.

Just FYI, there is no such thing as a G36.  You have a V36.

On 28 April 2017 at 8:39 PM, sonicii said:

They look like coupe V35 18s.  I have these on my V35 sedan and I am running 245/45 all round without issue.  I find 245 a good width for these rims, they protrude just far enough past the rim so you don't tear up your rims if you touch a gutter, but not too far that they bulge.

Factory tyre sizes on these rims on the coupe was 245/45 rear, 225/45 front.

Just FYI, there is no such thing as a G36.  You have a V36.

Thanks sonici...Good info.. why do I keep thinking "g" ! dooh.

I was thinking 245 on front might make it a bit 'tracky'.  I see the sport version of mine (sp) ran 7 1/2 " fronts with 225/50..unusual size.

What brand of tyres are you running on the sedan?..and happy with them ?

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

currently running Maxxis MA511 as was recommended as a decent tyre for a good price by a tyre dealer, but no, I don't recommend them on a car like this, they are about what you would expect for a low-mid priced tyre in the dry, average steering response, not really great grip, but reasonably predictable.  In the wet, they aren't nice at all, they will break traction quite easily and unpredictably and as they wear, they are getting worse.  Once they are worn out, I will probably pay the extra for something like Michelin PS3.  I had Kumho KU36 on the front before that, they were a nice tyre, but stupidly noisy.

• 1 year later...