SAU Community

Twin Cam L28?

skybt1

mmmmm :(

8032659fulloj0.jpg

apparently its the RB25 head cut into 3, fabricated etc... lots of work right there.. i had some more pictures but cant seem to find them :thumbsup:

Edited by Brycey

hybridz.og has had extensive postings and communication about the DOHC L6 concept

there is one fella who got 3x KA24de (2.4 litre nissan bluebird) heads, chopped em up, and bolted together etc. $15,000 doesnt seem to go far in this concept either. it isnt even running yet!

for the same price you could get a single cam L6 to produce more power in the first place.

it all comes to dollars....

I think theres alot of people out there who would sell an arm or 2 to get ahold of one of those OS giken twin cam heads.

Nissan also produced a twin cam head of their own for the L series 4 cylinder. They called it the "LZ"

Theres a bit of info on it here datrats

Pic of the OS giken twin cam head for a L4

OS_GIKEN_TWIN_CAM.jpg

check this car out too -

240Z with TC24 B1 head(OS GIKEN)

Woulda loved one of them for my c210 :blush:

^^ that's a 4 cylinder DOHC. You can also use a Z18 DOHC head to make an L20 into a DOHC. L28's are 6 Cylinder

nismo makes a DOHC head too for the L28 from what I've read.

I was actually reading an article this morning in a japanese mag about some guy's Z with an LD28 (converted to petrol) and DOHC head... I'll see if I can scan the article.

link to the hybridz buildup: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=120659

intercoolerpics1_012-600x450.jpg

FrankPics_023-600x398.jpg

The F3 or Formula Pacific head is expensive and very extreme cam wise for anything on the street .

A couple of years ago I found a thread on some US board about converting a KA24DE head to an L series 4 . At least the bore centres are right and I think the stud holes may be close or same . The problems from memory were always going to be the cam drive chain and timing cover . I guess with enough money you'd get it to work but then again a de stroked KA DE short with longer rods may be cheaper and easier if you wanted to rev it . Can buy turbo exhaust manifolds and better cams/springs over there from JWT and probably others nowdays . Pretty sure KA and SR use the same bellhousing pattern as well .

Good to see the big fella back , cheers Adrian .

• 1 year later...
i want someone to build a rb30/26 with 13:1 comp and huge cams for some 400hp+ na power
Late posting to this thread but I know that has been done here in NZ in a 240z race car - it runs 50mm DCOE Throttle Bodies large cam and is making around 380hp in na power. Edited by nzeder

Ummm Z18 is a single cam head, and the conversion is Z18 head on an L20b block to make an Z20ET using the stronger L series bottom end over the shitty Z20/24. And yes there was a KA24DE head conversion done by a dood over on Ozdat which was also turbo'd, BUT, it took him a lot of time and farking around and really didn't produce any significant numbers performance wise. Oh and I've seen video of that OS L4 head in action and all I can say is OMFG 8)

Edited by IronmaskDR

Yes there was an os giken twin cam for the L6, but none of the pictures in this thread are of one. The youtube link and the pictures are of the guy from hybrid z that used KA24 heads on a L28.

Here is what the TC-24 B1 looked like (The TG in the advert is a mis-print, is is TC).

O.S._GIKEN_TG-24_-1.jpg

nismo makes a DOHC head too for the L28 from what I've read.

That doesn't ring any bells with me. Are you sure you're not getting confused with the x-flow 'LY' head that was run as the first Nissan EFI rally as the LY25 in a Z?

Here's a photo of a TT TC24-headed engine (from a long time ago...)

post-13940-1230778860_thumb.jpg