SAU Community

New Sau Member From The Uk

Track-Spec

Hi guys, wanted to just drop a quick post to tell you i'm new here!

I'm a long serving member of www.gtr.co.uk but thought i'd better drop in on you guys and see what's new down under.

I look forward to learning and chatting with you all!

A bit about me....

My name's Ian, I work for Nissan R&D in the UK, drive an official UK spec 1998 BCNR33 with Nismo built engine, BBS LM rims etc etc...

DSC012500.jpg

Automotive history...

Now: 1998 BCNR33

Previous: 2002 350Z (Fairlady Z)

Before: 1992 Pulsar GTI-R

Cheers, Ian

Morning all....

thanks for the kind words...

ok to answer your questions:

ENGINE STATS - it's a Nismo built group N engine. was destined for the R34's that ran at the nurburgring 24hr races but never got used before nissan pulled out of european motorsport....i ceased the opportunity. Essentially it's a R34 NUR with a few additional bits...all metal gaskets, fully blueprinted and crank balanced to tighter tolerances.

SPECIALITY - i work in suspension and steering design department.

UK OFFICIAL CARS - they did 100 R33 and 80 R34's.

of the 100 R33's only 20 were retrofitted with leather. Mine was one of them. it also came with Nismo LMGT1s and a Nissan europe developed 360bhp ECU.

NEXT GT-R - you wouldn;t believe the security surrounding it guys....everybody working on the project (in japan) have been removed from their individual sections, moved to another building and sworn to secrecy. Even my colleagues in Japan know nothing! I have a few bits, but it's only 27 days to go anyway!

COMPETITION - wow, i didn;t know about that, must be USA only. I better get on that....there are 4 GTR's in our company alone and plenty of my mates have them! I'm sure we could put something together.

So anyway - everyone over here is going mad for RIPS stuff. they are all sending their cars over to NZ to have them fully modified by these guys. that's what happens when the exchange rate goes like it is i guess!

Ian

Edited by Track-Spec

I guess i'm in the same boat as you guys....still hunting the illusive xenons for my R33.

What's the ACTUAL nissan price in oz, i'm considering just buying them new, but the UK dealer price is horrific...1700 GBP the pair, so that's about 3900 Aussie Dollars!

Looks pretty tidy... I especially like the seats. There was something similar that pulled outside the front of my hotel not so long ago.

Have any of you guys seen one of those rear engined Pontiac fiuro (indy 500") coups..... A guy at work has one..... I have only had a chance to have a quick look but thing looks as though it would go off the rails if it had a blower or twin turbo set up if it doesnt allready... nice short wheel base.

I saw one in adelaide some years ago.... They almost look like a rare 300zx model that i have seen around every now and again.