SAU Community

Apexi Avc-r Test

mad032

i have pulled the solenoid valve appart to see if anything moves when i change from settings a and b or to turn it off and nothing happens. What should i be seeing happen if all was to work fine?

If its anything like a profec b, then i doubt you will see any obvious difference. the only thing that makes it move/ restrict flow is the signal coming from the controller.

So the difference will not be visible its an electric signal from the controller under boost.

Hope that makes sence.

i understand what your sayn i guess but to my way of thinking the electronic signal has to be turned in to a mechanicle movement of a valve to restrict or release.

Thankyou for your input. can anybody confirm or deny these theorys?

i understand what your sayn i guess but to my way of thinking the electronic signal has to be turned in to a mechanicle movement of a valve to restrict or release.

Thankyou for your input. can anybody confirm or deny these theorys?

Yes, the electrical signal is turned into a mechanical movement within the valve, however this movement wont happen untill there is boost to trigger it.

You wont see a difference from setting A at idle and setting B at idle. Its the same valve position at atmospheric pressure or vaccume, once the controller gets a positive pressure it will send the signal to the valve. the valve will then restrict whastegate actutation untill desired pressure is attained.

Just hook the solenoid directly up to 12V if you hear the solenoid ticking away it's working. Also clean out the gunk and built up crap around the ports, use heaps of carby cleaner and compressed air.

To test if signal is getting to the solenoid run a led into the cabin from the 2 pin connector that goes to the solenoid. If the led starts to flicker when boosting the signal is getting there, if it's not something is jiggered in the screen part.

you can test the signal from the AVCR to the solenoid with a multimeter, its a neg switched signal with a constant 12 volts.... so what you can so is splice into the two wires for the solenoid and put your neg and pos from multi on them.... the more duty the solenoid runs the more voltage passes through it... i think 20% duty is something like 5 volts and 100% duty is 13.5 volts.

also you should hear the solenoid click when the voltage gets sent to it.