SAU Community

commodors vs skylines

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I paid 15 for my Skyline 9 months ago and wouldn't part with it for less than 20. Also when you buy from a dealer as opposed to an auction you pay thousands more, mind you, no warranty. And Birty I couldn't agree more, imagine my surprise when a supra stomped its brakes because he couldn't get away from me.

"but it can't take the family to the shops"

Lol.. so can an R33 quite comfortably actually - plenty of leg room in tha back of mine for 4 people in comfort. They ever hear of the 4 doors either?

180sx's are all 1.8l

Again, don't they actually wonder why a 1.8, 2L, or 2.5L turbo can quite comfortably kick most commondoor's ass??

Can't they even accept the fact that commodores are about 10 years behind the technology, refinement, and everything else of a Japanese car?

I had owned nothing but Holdens (Toranas and Commodores) for over 10 years. I had always been a fan of GTR's but never thought I could afford one. Then I found that R33 GTS-t's were affordable, and while obviously not as good as a GTR, they had RWD which suited my driving style, and lots of power and good handling as well.

So I sold my last Commodore and bought an R33, and I haven't looked back. There is nothing wrong with Commodores, I would readily own one again if I needed the space for a family etc. But I would still keep the Skyline for the fun factor.

I wonder how many Skyline owners have "upgraded" to a Commodore for improved performace, handling, and (2 door) style? I think the only reason someone would do it is for the extra space or because they wanted a newer car for the same money.

yer plus all the $$.. I could never save with that car.

The skyline.. I've been able to spend quite a bit on performance mods as I never seem to have to repair anything.. Only repair i've made is a clutch master cyclinder that started leaking at around 120,000. I did the usuall cam belt water pump etc at 100,000kays but that isn't considered a repair. :)

Now I'm spending a little on a RB?0DET... :D

I guess you just have to compare the price of a R32/R33/R34 GTST when it was bran-new and then compare it to a similiar year commodore or falcooon.

You can't compare the two cars as the Skyline of the same year is a far superiour car.

A little like comparing a VN SS Commodore to a VX SS or a much better example would be comparing a EB XR8 to a BA XR8.

This is what I don't understand.. These blokes are slaggin' off second hand cars that are 5 to 12 years older. For the same price you pay for a nice new VX SS you could pick up a very very nice GTR... :)

the Harrap... ah. i mean Holden Monaro ;) what a joke. Just the shell of a Monaro.

Exactly, u grab a say a 1996 R33 GTS-T straight from the factory, just rolled off. Grab a 1996 V(Whateva the f*ck) SS straight from the factory. Dump them on the track, Skyline would undoubtely be a better car, handling, braking, whateva. Altho both are low 6 second 0 - 100's?? Anyone know.

Haven't said the SS is bad.. i just think it is unfair to compare a 2 Door Sports Coupe to a 4 Door Family Sedan. If the Skyline wasn't better there is something wrong.

cheers.

People and I say you can't compare the two cars.

Its true compare apples with apples but at the end of the day when you both plant the accelerator and one whistles away ;) the other driver who lost can't really catch up and yell -

"Thats not fair you can't compare my car to yours, yours is a sports car mine isn't"

Every car has their advantage just comes down to personal preference and what is more pratical for you at the time.

most commodore drivers are bogans who think their dunnydore with a zorst and cold air intake is a race car, and they drive around like it is too,, thinking they own the road.. just love the look on their jealous faces when u rock up next to them in a skyline ;)

Thats a minority playa.. Just like we have some Skylines with big neon lights that turn the car in to a hover car.

Personally I think neon lights etc spoil the skyline. The look nice no need for silly lights making them look like they are hovering etc. It simply shows maturity.

well playa i stand corrected, possible the saddest comment i have read ever on the internet.

taken from the aforementioned holden thread link:

"and most of you'se wouldnt have chicks either without your blow-off valves,"

hahah, he said "you'se" - i vote this as most pathetic post ever.