SAU Community

commodors vs skylines

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I don't think Commodores and Skylines *are* completely different. Half the reason why I like the Skyline is because it has its roots in a family sedan. I just think they've taken up the "sports car" upgrade much better than any other.

The only thing lacking on the Skyline when compared to a Commodore is interior space. Well, price of the car and spares is also in the Commodore's favour I guess :(

it all depends what you want to do.

i owned a vl commodore. long story engineblew up, 5 piston ring lands cracked, and shittered piston number 8.

commodores are good for going bush.(stock)

skylines aint.

skylines are good for going around corners (stock)

comodores aint (stock)

it all depends what you have done to your car.

generally i think skylines are better for MY NEEDS.

One of the reasons I bought a skyline is for the price i would have had to pay to get the brakes, interior (hugging seats) etc.. was a little far fetched.

Some days I think... Yer that monaro looks nice etc etc.. Then I think about the price and what sort of skyline I could get for the same price.. GTR Territority.. :D

Im a dead set Ford fan, the only reason i brought the R33 gtst is cause its a coupe, which gives a sporty and better image and its handling and cause it was a turbo. If it wasnt for my cars fuel effiency i would of got a EF or a EL XR8, which i think they are damn hot and not many are modified.. U just cant compare a damn frigen dunnydore to a skyline, both are different category cars. Skyline handles better for its shorter wheel base and has HICAS which i love it :D Like if u got a cave men and showed him a dunnydore and a skyline, im sure he will choose the skyline coz its just a sex on wheels.

P.S. Im glad Ford fans are not as stupid as Holden hooligans. Their was a little comparing on XR6T VS Skylines and Supras on fordforums.com & 8out of 10 people respected skylines & supras, and others said it was a rice burner or what ever, but no one said either car was shit..

The thing i hate about Holden hooligans is, they think dunnydores are the best car on road!

KDR33...

The BA XR8 is still the nicest looking XR8 I've seen. :D

There used to be a Dark Green EL/EF XR8 that i occasionally used to see down south. Had a nice wirring supercharger noise coming from the engine bay with a lumpy cam. A big bloke used to drive it.

Guest wilco

I'll tell you the one thing Commodores have on Skyline's, is the price of insurance :D

My GenIII SS with minor mods is $817 per year and still dropping each year. I have looked into a few R32 and R33 options (as well as GTO, Supra TT, S15 etc etc), and the purchase of the Commodore 3 years ago was very much based on insurance, and a concern over getting a dodgy import. At least with the new bogodore I have some warranty (which being a Commodore I have used way way to often, engine rebuild, diff, gear box, clutch, master and slave cylinders, front suspension twice, brakes, paint, door locks, door seals, steering rack, steering pump, fuel pump, various trim parts, idle pulley, electrics etc)

I was looking at replacing this car with a GTR recently but have unfortunately given into continued investment with some better half influence.

I would prefer a GTR over any commodore for sure, I had a brilliant drive with an R34 GTR V-Spec a while back and it is a sweet machine.