SAU Community

Series 3 R33gtr Gearbox

fieds83

Can individual gears be replaced in the gtr box? I have just had a quote of $332 for 3rd gear by itself direct from Nissan.

Yes, best to speak to a gearbox place tho :) Labour would be more than that. And once you're in there usually worth replacing syncros as well.

Thinking of going with the croos mission gear set at this stage. I dont want to blow one gearbox after another, no use rebuilding it fresh standard and having to pull it apart again. When i was younger i spent more time fixing my cars than driving them :) , I'd like it the other way around now.

Does the OS gears use scynros or are they straight cut?

FYI incase your interested- You can have a straight cut gearset with synchros. You can also have a helical set with dog engagement but nobody would do it. The OS sets from memory are a straighter helical gearset than the standard ones which makes them noiser but obviously stronger.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 years later...

Hi guys I just got another gearbox for my 33gtr pull type now there's a few diff things bout bell housing the new one has pps written in 2 places and my old one series 2 gtr 33 has no print on top at all also the new box has no air vents on top where as my old box does have 2x air vents on top of bell housing another thing with the new box it has a different spedo sensor by the looks and a diff plug the other 2 sensors are the same as the old one.

Can anyome shed some light ?