SAU Community

R32 Actuator Can Hold Boost At 10 Psi?

R33Turbo

Ive read somewhere how a guy with a R33 put in a waste-gate actuator from a R32 as it is a direct bolt on and is rated at 10 psi, thus could hold boost till redline atleast 10 psi even with a Manual boost controller.

What do u guys think?

Yes it will hold it at 10psi, even WITHOUT a boost controller.

A boost controller will on increase from the base level of whichever actuator you are using.

Like the R33 which is 5psi, and then the boost solenoid gets it up to 7psi.

Therefore, if you only switch the actuator, it will go from 10psi low revs to 12psi when the solenoid kicks in at 4500revs.

im in the midst of putting the r32 actuator on my car now. it is a direct bolt on and if u only want it to run the actuator pressure u just run a hose from the actuator to the cooler pipe nipple and thats it yeh? so it will be 10psi? i dont wanna run 10 then 12. stock turbo would prob go knowing my luck.

gttr34 not sure if they are interchangable with the 32 actuator. if ur in melb ur more than welcome to see if my 33 actuator fits your 34. if it does, well the the 32 actuator will fit too.

im in the midst of putting the r32 actuator on my car now. it is a direct bolt on and if u only want it to run the actuator pressure u just run a hose from the actuator to the cooler pipe nipple and thats it yeh? so it will be 10psi? i dont wanna run 10 then 12. stock turbo would prob go knowing my luck.

gttr34 not sure if they are interchangable with the 32 actuator. if ur in melb ur more than welcome to see if my 33 actuator fits your 34. if it does, well the the 32 actuator will fit too.

Hey dude, i know im off the topic but cuz i just read ur mods and saw the high flow panel filter, does it make a nice loud woosh sound just like the pod style air filters???

mine makes the induction noise only coz i have a few 1.5inch mesh holes cut out around the lid of my air box. personal mod. it still allows extra air into the box while mainting its approval to the epa and allows induction noise.

post-31466-1192409345_thumb.jpg

Edited by cheez

mine makes the induction noise only coz i have a few 1.5inch mesh holes cut out around the lid of my air box. personal mod. it still allows extra air into the box while mainting its approval to the epa and allows induction noise.

Might aswell get a pod I guess cause your still going to suffer from heatsoak I believe.

its not that bad, i dont feel any difference from having a pod and having my airbox with duced holes. at the end of the day the box is probably better as it still has the front duct on so takes cold air in majority of it, from the front. and also, cops cant touch the car as the airbox is epa approved even with my mods to it.

How about for GTT R34's?? Will i be able to use the 32 actuator on the GTT R34? And if i do how will the boost stages and etc work out to be?

I've installed one on my R34. You'll run approx 12 PSI and it's a direct bolt-on, no modifications needed.

Edited by ztune_R34

• 2 weeks later...

i put a r32 actuator onto my r33 and it went straight to 15 pound not good on stocl turbo and ecu no matter what i did i could not get it any lower. bleed valve had no effect . in the end i took it off put the r33 one back on and used a bleed valve to get it to go to 10 pound runs sweet now