SAU Community

This is for our american/overseas counterparts.

cnichols

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a thread for our american counterparts to show us what theyre up to inc their car and pics of them etc.

We would love to see what u guys are up to over there and hear the difference there is between the 2 countries in ways of importation, the cars etc etc.

Yep, both roommates are city police. Needless to say, I haven't had any tickets in the past 2 years.

Yes, a little small in terms of height, but it's pretty long and about 3" deep. I don't plan on keeping it....just want to get this bastard running for awhile. Most likely just so I can blow it up. :P

There are a couple of guys here in America w/ running RB20 and RB25 swaps in S13s and S14s. The SR20 is most common, and the CA18DET is growing in popularity since we actually got the CA18ET in the 200SX...parts can be found MUCH easier for that motor. I do believe there is a guy running an RB26 in an S14 in the New York area....and apparently runs 8's in the 1/4 mile.

You guys could make a fortune digging in junk yards all day and putting the stuff on Ebay or exporting to shops in the US. I will hopefully be opening one in the next couple months. If someone wants to supply me with some stuff in their spare time, I would be grateful and I think we would both benefit nicely.

hehe hey theres a feew guys u could talk to... even a couple i japan.

meggala is a good one to talk to he can get parts im pretty sure. from what ive seen from the US shops wheels are HELLA expensive compared to here... especially when u change the currency rate over... like my wheels i just brought.... 1700AUS is something like 1100USD when they sell over there for like 2400 and if u are filling up a container then shipping is next to nothing if u get enough stuff so u can make a decent amount on em.

meh the more ppl the better if u ask me... especially from overseas! im always keen on knowing what the scene is like in other parts of the world... theres a guy on here from Canada who is hoping to import an R32 very soon as its up for availability apparently and hes extatic! :P

we reckon we have it hard here and we bitch and moan about the new import laws stating we cant import modified cars and that they have to be stock std... when u guys have it WAY worse.

Yes, we have it pretty bad.

My cousin/business partner wants to sell one of his Mustangs and import a Skyline. We think we've found a way around the law....but the engine has to be shipped outside of the car and put back in once inside the country. So, we might be shopping for someone who has one with a blown motor or is willing to do something like this for us.

DUDE! theres one for sale now in the for sale section! engine isnt even in the car and the engine is in bits and ready! hes asking for 14k i think...

does he want an R32, R33 or R34???

best thing is if u want other bits and get a sealed container we could help track down some parts for u to chuck in there like turbos or wheels or something.

hes a good bloke... send him a PM and tell him u are interested in the car... see if the engines still usable etc if not what it needs done... shouldnt be too hard one would imagine to ship it to america as im guessing spare parts... perhaps do some more research into what needs to be done to get it there and how much shipping will cost etc etc.

actually... i wonder how hard it would be to say ur moving to america and taking the car with u... then once there sell it off and say u want to move back... actually nah u'd probably have to organise a job over there and prove to them u are seriously mving there... dont spose u can find me an IT job over there can ya? would be willing to come over for a few months to work then leave the car there :P