SAU Community

This is for our american/overseas counterparts.

cnichols

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its america dude.. all the exports to america get leatheer... why do u think they made the "LEXUS" and all of them have leather? yet the toyota models which are identical except for badge and a few things have cloth?

btw im stickying this thread for like a welcome thread... once i learn to merge threads properly i will put a proper welcome at the top.

BTW this is for the REGULARS/SPAMMERS

U SPAM THIS THREAD AND U WILL BE SLAPPED!!!!

U WHORE THIS THREAD AND UR PRECIOUS WASTELAND THREAD WILL BE DELETED!

One of my S14s has leather...the other one cloth.

I do love the interior of the S14...very nicely laid out, but sadly, I have no Skyline to compare to :P

The US spec Supra is twin-turbo, RX-7 turbo, MANY Corvettes, Mustangs, Camaros, etc. that are 10, 11 second 1/4 mile street cars. There are a lot of Honds, but not many are fast. The domestic cars beat up on imports for the most part because not many can afford the nice imports (supras, RX-7, fairlady Zs)

Bowling Green, KY is actually the only place that Corvettes are built so there are a couple running around here. I'm moving to Louisville, KY in about a month which is around a 120 miles North. The scene up there is a little bigger due to a bigger population...but only has a 1/8 mile track compared to the 1/4 mile track in Bowling Green.

I'm assuming you guys know what I'm talking about when I say 1/4 mile and 1/8 mile. Forgot we're the only people still using miles :P Damn Americans.

hehehe yeah dude we say the 1/4 mile to... sounds better than "hey howd u run down the 400m drag strip?"

:P

KY=kentucky yeah?

as in the chicken :P

thats south?

i'd love to go to the states for a while to check it out for a working holiday or something like that... but i'd be too depressed about not being able to drive a skyline around.

U can get an 89 300ZX these days shipped and landed and complied to AUS for like 9k... TT as well.

Have u tried many Japanese exporters for prices shipped to the states?

I'm in Kentucky...yep...as in the chicken. It's considered the South, yes.

You could pick up a nice Mustang or Camaro here to drive around :P . You never know...might like it. They're EVERYWHERE and the parts are CHEAP. The aftermarket support for Mustangs and Camaros is probably unparalleled by any other in the world.

Haven't tried any Japanese exporters...don't know of any. Guess I should look into that.

here dude... dont know anyone thats delt with them but they have GTSTs R32s for like 2500 to 3500 USD

how u would get it into the country tho i have no idea...

http://www.cameljapan.com/990912/ucar-sports.htm

if u check under this thread in the stickied section u should see a thread i made with some japanese exporters links u can take a look at.

a few i forgot to put up which i will when i find em... but might give u an idea

narkeh, you can ship yo car to the US and drive it for 3 months no probs. U might as well sit in the car on deck on the ship and enjoy a 4 week cruise. One of my mates did this in his Monaro. he got some wierd looks when he drove across the country from cali to florida (i think that's across the country).

Yes the more ovaseas ppl in here the better hehe (jus not that many honda ppl... we don't like honda ppl... well I don't anyways... ok all the honda ppl that don't have NSX's... yeah).

I'm actually thinkin of importin an Air Ride system for my next skyline... tryin to find a source in the US that's cheap. Air rides aren'tt hat popular here, and since Hydraulics are illegal on small vehicles, its my only alretnative... If you wanna wait till the end of the year, I'll b throwin out an RB20DET engine (for an RB25DET engine swap) but I'm guessin u dun wanna wait that long. Look up that link that narkeh posted.

Oh and narkeh... will ya quit creating gazillion thread's I'm gettin spammed by the moderator emails.

yeah well i was trying to merge this one with another thread that i made but the other thread i made ended up being the last post.

i dont think i could spend 4months on a boat shan... infact 10hours was hard enough going to tasmania. If i was going to go i would be going by plane.

actually cnichols (chris?? is that what the C is for?) what u could do is buy that R32 GTST body that i posted the link to... with the engine parts and ship em seperately... if the engine is fried thats fine... all together u should be able to get it off him for like 8000 to 9000 american dollars... ship it over as parts... maybe one at a time... it will take longer but give u longer to save to ship the engine.... then once the engine and bits are there start assembling as much as u can... by that time funkymonkey should have his engine out and u could ship that over for the spare parts!

shan read his details to the left... 240sx etc... damn fool! :P

cnichols - it could be a long term project... but VERY worthwhile in the end!

Best of luck with what ever u decide on!!

and hope to see u on the forums a bit man... take it easy its time for me to go to bed... its 3am and i wanna get up early to pick up those volk rims for my car.

can always contact me on email at either [email protected] or [email protected]

cheers,

Ni.

240sx is the american name for s13 180sx, s14 200sx series 1 and 2 etc.

Meh, back to trawling thru the jap secondhand dealer sites for a car...

found a 4 door R32 with an SR20DET engine and full GTR running gear... talk about frankenstien... its 75k yen tho, about 10,000 AUD

oh BTW jus finished gettin a copy of Initial D non stop mix CD off a dude in japan... hehe... 1 hour of continuous Initial D music, including Hits as, "Driving into the Danger" and "Tokyo is on fire"

Yes, it's Chris.

I'm on AIM most of the day, so it's a great way to reach me.

I'm very interested in getting a rolling chassis as I can always decide what motor to put in it. That would also give me a chance to finalize the details of legalizing it.

All your ideas are great...thanks again for all the help.

dont have aim... only use ICQ.

Yeah wel thats a good point.. whats better than having one of the only R32 skylines in ur state/country?

HAVING ONE WITH AN ENGINE CONVERSION!!! :D

Import that R32 GTST body then import an RB25DET from Japan or here! mmmmm 184kw stock ( 246.75HP in ur terms :P)

Chuck on a POD filter, Exhaust, more boost... BOOYAH! 160ish RWKW ( 214.56rwHP) in an R32 which weighs less than the R33 (more power with a proper tune)... hello 13second 1/4 mile ;)