SAU Community

Should We Bring These R31 Kits In?

STATUS

Not sure if there is much demand for R31 kits (that actaully fit :D ) anymore so i thought id ask. i dont want this to become a for sale thread so i wont answer pricing questions... i just wanna know if there is enough demand to warrant bringing in a dozen or so.

http://www.uras.com.au/latest%20news.htm

post-34927-1193012027_thumb.jpg

post-34927-1193012055_thumb.jpg

post-34927-1193012122_thumb.jpg

Front bar looks sweet, but i think the rear and side skirts are alittle loud and overdone. the HR31 skyline looks boxy enough without adding a rear bar like that!

It's a pity really, cause there are pretty much no kits for the 31 available in Aus aside from the powerplay/r31house kit, and thier overpriced and just skirts anyway. i think thats the first entire bumper replacement kit i've seen.

i do like the lids and grille replacement.

:laugh:

yeah its funny you say that as r31house commisioned the kits in the first place (no doubt needed a more reasonable priced kit), apparentley they are very popular in japan atm and i need to know soon whether or not to commit to stock or else i wont secure many as the backorder list is huge.

maybe i just bring in lids and grille :laugh:

Head over to the R31 forum, there is plenty of talk about the URAS kit, although opinions vary - generally they agree with whats been said here: front bar good, from there back its a bit over the top. Remebering also that the skirts and rear bar will only go onto imports.

However the front bar may be a hot-ticket item if you bring a few of them in. People like Joel Mackerras (SA up and coming Drifter- see pic) and a few others will be keen if they're at the right price. What sort of money would we be looking at for a front bar?

82689343.jpg

if those are the aus prices you would offer them for sale at then i'd say you would get a good order through the r31forum.

if you could offer side skirts that would work on the 4door then you would get more orders, a GTS2 kit will set people back just under $2000

Edited by rsx84

serves me right for being blind - very resonable prices, especially the smaller parts (grill etc) ppl pay around that for 2nd hand goodies from the imports... I'd love a front bar for the project/daily dunno how the mrs would react to a $500 front bar tho.

is the grill a 1 piece filler/grill? looks all moulded into one to me - just-jap spec?

r31grill.jpg

By the looks of it, yea the filler and grille are a one piece item. the front end is really growing on me, bumper lines and rounded corners make it look alot more modern. wonder if you could shorten the skirt half an inch without butchering it so it wouldnt look stupid without any sideskirts.

under 2k for a full kit including new bars is pretty damn good though.

Cheers for the plug BJ :)

Trent, I was looking at this kit possibly for next year actually. I'll send you a PM later on when I get a chance.

I definately think there will be some interest in the kit. That said, there are a lot of R31 drivers that often don't have the cash to follow through with. But that would be the same for every car lover half the time right :D

why wont the skirts and rear bumper go onto the aus spec ones?

HR rear bars are longer (stick out further i think) than Aus spec ones, so you would also need to find an import rear bumper and reo to put on your Aus 31.

Skirts, all you have to do is look at them, they come right up high behind the rear door - aussies are 4 doors, no go.. well, not without modding. However I recon CCS style skirts would look the trick with the URAS bar on an aus 31.

Trent - I've PM'd you I'm keen for a front bar when you get things sorted out.

tis a shame they wont fit aus spec ones, if i wasnt planning to get a house at the end of next year I would get a Passage just to get one of the kits.

are there any skirts and bumpers that would look good with that front?? im guessing there would be minor modification for a wagon?

tis a shame they wont fit aus spec ones, if i wasnt planning to get a house at the end of next year I would get a Passage just to get one of the kits.

are there any skirts and bumpers that would look good with that front?? im guessing there would be minor modification for a wagon?

Skirts wouldnt fit a passage eithher, they're for a 2door :spank:

Like i said before the CCS style skirts wouldnt be too bad, save some modding, there are also a few variations on the CCS kit depending on which state you're from (CCS = Canberra Car Styling) You could look at 31House side skirts, as I believe they fit on a 4door or wagon, but 31house kits are expensive for what they are... all you would really need to do for a wagon is fit a Coupe rear bar, which I belive bolt on. "Angry" from the 31 forums has done so with his wagon. I still dont know if the URAS rear bar will fit mind you. There is also the aussie GTS2 rear bar & skirts, but that wouldnt really match the URAS front end too well.

ah yeah the sub heading for this thread says 2 and 4 doors, the pics provided dont show skirts tha will fill a 4door, however they may very well be in production.

it was the GS Motobodies kit i was thinking would go well with the URAS stuff:

GS_Motobodies.jpg

Edited by B. J.

lots of people are constantly posting on r31 forum asking the same old questions, where can i get a kit from. you would definatly get sales. just have to let australia know you have them. i would definatly get a new front bar as good originals are getting hard to get.

lots of people are constantly posting on r31 forum asking the same old questions, where can i get a kit from. you would definatly get sales. just have to let australia know you have them. i would definatly get a new front bar as good originals are getting hard to get.

Lots of people ask, but not many have the cash.

That front end with GTS 2 skirts and rear bar I reckon would look OK. Just need to see what R31 heaven has done with his coupe to see how good it looks. I have had full GTS 2 bodykits for sale for almost 2 years. Spray gel coated fibreglass. Full kit under 2 grand, and there is not any around that I have seen of the quality that I have, but I still don't sell many.

If your up for funding a proposal like this, you would sell them, but it would take a while. I have fouind that if I have the stuff in stock, I am able to sell it, but if people have to wait, then other priorities come up, and their money disappears.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do with this.