SAU Community

HICAS light comming on

I find that after driving along a freeway or over 100km/h for more than 15min my orange HICAS light comes on display in the dash.

is that normal?

Because i have fitted an aftermarket wheel, and the boss kit for the wheel meant i had to turn the steering sensor to align with the boss kit.

does that mean that the HICAS is not functioning?

Im pretty sure it is lined up with the boss kit though. but to do so i did have to rotate it about 20degrees... could that be the cause?

Nope it was defenantly for HICAS everything matched up, it is an HKB sports 2 kit.

there are a few little pics on the HICAS sensor angle, but its all in Japanese so i cant understand.

Thsi happens to my car too, and a lot of others I know. Its nothing to worry about.

If your concerned, go to a performance shop and get them to look at it.

Don't bother talkin the boss kit off again, I fitted one of them to my car, I know what a c#nt of a job it is!

Its the computer not receiving much imput for a period of time and then goes into safe mode as it thinks the steering is not working. Re start your engine and all will be fine and dandy.

Happens to 90% of Skyline drivers.

Happens to me too when i'm on the Motorway for 15 minutes as well.

I can even pick when the light is going to come on to within 2 metres.

Hicas still works though and the light goes off when i restart the car.

Nothing to worry about.

This happens to a lot of skylines,

one fix is to change lanes every 10 or so minutes and it wont get the problem the other is to go and get the hicas re calabrated (to sute the amount you moved the sensor ring) I only know of one shop that dose this and he is on the gold coast in Qld.

thanks i whish i knew that 2yrs ago coz on a 32 i did it this way u take out the instrument cluster pull apart the speedo there is a glass tube with 2 contacts that touch each other just solder then to gether this is what i did {execpt the solder part} just got to pull it back apart and sollder it then my hicas can work agian