SAU Community

Newbies

Hi chaps,

A quick hello and intro, unfortunately the V35's arent as poplular here in NZ at the moment and therefore general upgrade info is harder to come by but this site has helped enormously so cheers for all the postings etc

Here's a couple pics of my car now that i have the new wheels to make it look respectable! :D

post-46730-1206062389_thumb.jpg

post-46730-1206062427_thumb.jpg

post-46730-1206062476_thumb.jpg

post-46730-1206062664_thumb.jpg

Hi chaps,

A quick hello and intro, unfortunately the V35's arent as poplular here in NZ at the moment and therefore general upgrade info is harder to come by but this site has helped enormously so cheers for all the postings etc

Here's a couple pics of my car now that i have the new wheels to make it look respectable! :thumbsup:

Hey mate how much are v35 worth over in Newzealand ?

Hey mate how much are v35 worth over in Newzealand ?

They range from about $16k to about $20k for a sedan but the 2003+ coupes start around late $20's to mid $30's.

Hey guys. A big hello from the UK. Was talking to Nismo on G35 site and he said come over and say hi. Cool looking site you have here :) .

I own a 2005 5AT Premium Skyline 350GT in Carribean Blue. In the 18 months I've owned her, I've made a few mods, namely: Injen twin exhaust from the cats to the tail pipes (now it sounds like a Skyline), Vented carbon bonnet, Impul front bumper, Popcharger induction kit, 6pot AP Racing front big brake kit (serious stopping power). I loved her from the first moment I layed eyes on her. It's my daily drive and the attention I get when I'm out on the road puts a grin on my face. It's still relatively new in the UK so people have to take a second look when they see it.

Anyway, I now surf 5 forums so I may take a while to respond to a post (sorry in advance), but hey, what else is there to do in ones spare time? Except driving the beast! :D

Bye for now.

t8anewexocet.jpg

4u9jauntyangle.jpg

nvyfrontdisc.jpg

orzxjhp1010578.jpg

Hey guys. A big hello from the UK. Was talking to Nismo on G35 site and he said come over and say hi. Cool looking site you have here :) .

I own a 2005 5AT Premium Skyline 350GT in Carribean Blue. In the 18 months I've owned her, I've made a few mods, namely: Injen twin exhaust from the cats to the tail pipes (now it sounds like a Skyline), Vented carbon bonnet, Impul front bumper, Popcharger induction kit, 6pot AP Racing front big brake kit (serious stopping power). I loved her from the first moment I layed eyes on her. It's my daily drive and the attention I get when I'm out on the road puts a grin on my face. It's still relatively new in the UK so people have to take a second look when they see it.

Anyway, I now surf 5 forums so I may take a while to respond to a post (sorry in advance), but hey, what else is there to do in ones spare time? Except driving the beast! :D

Bye for now.

t8anewexocet.jpg

4u9jauntyangle.jpg

nvyfrontdisc.jpg

orzxjhp1010578.jpg

Very very nice!

Liking the bonnet a lot.

Out of interest sake, does the UK have the 3 litre VQ300D engine available in the Skylines or just the 3.5litre VQ35DE like yours? I'd be interested to know if they do and what mods are available?

Matt

• 1 month later...

HI All...

Introductions - My name's Vev - Been a fan of skylines for a longtime. But never had a chance to get one until today.

Just picked up this baby today.. In Love with it!

So much different from my S2000.

Here are the pics... I bought new 19"rims for it.. but i can return them if i decide to get 20" rims. But I only until have tomorrow...

Should I go a bit bigger ? I reckon its pretty close to perfect. Thought?

Cheers,

vev

post-50316-1209820062_thumb.jpg

post-50316-1209820429_thumb.jpg

the rims look awesome

one note: the larger the rims,the better it looks,BUT the worse the handling becomes.

if i were you i would stick with the 19s.

I have had the oem 17s on mine since i got it,and was just about to get the oem 18s cause they look nicer.

But as soon as i test drove my mates new v35 with 18 oems i changed my mind.

The car feels heavier,harder to steer and worst of all it feels slower.

I upgraded my old r32 from 16s to 17s and regretted the choice from day one.

Plus if you want to shod them with QUALITY rubber,it will cost you a fortune on 20s.

my 2c worth : )

the rims look awesome

one note: the larger the rims,the better it looks,BUT the worse the handling becomes.

if i were you i would stick with the 19s.

I have had the oem 17s on mine since i got it,and was just about to get the oem 18s cause they look nicer.

But as soon as i test drove my mates new v35 with 18 oems i changed my mind.

The car feels heavier,harder to steer and worst of all it feels slower.

I upgraded my old r32 from 16s to 17s and regretted the choice from day one.

Plus if you want to shod them with QUALITY rubber,it will cost you a fortune on 20s.

my 2c worth : )

Thanks Boys... stickin with the 19" rims...

i'll probably have more Q's later... just a heads up :nyaanyaa:

Cheers,

Vev

the rims look awesome

Sorry mate, I've got to completely disagree with this.

Generally larger tires mean wider tires. Also your sidewall becomes smaller in most cases to compensate for the increae in wheel diamater. A smaller sidewall is usually stiffer, and the lessened amoutn of flex helps the car corner.

If you mean by handling that it's a bumpier/harsher ride then yes, I would agree, but if you took the same car with the same rubber and ran it with 16 inch wheels and then 19 inch wheels with the correct tire sizes for both, the bigger wheel would out handle the smaller wheel. With more tread on the ground you also get the benifit of better traction out of corners.

An example is the R35 GTR, and a lot of newer supercars as well are starting to use 20 inch wheels.

i've ridden on 16s, 17s, and 18s in all of the cars i've owned including 18s on my current V35..

and i've noticed next to no difference in terms of "ride comfort" between any wheel or tyre combo

i personally believe in goign for the biggest and best looking wheel that works with the rest of the car

Another NZ V35 owner here, 250GTm (the poverty pack version!) sedan...

Hi chaps,

Here's a couple pics of my car now that i have the new wheels to make it look respectable! :P

Tidy car, nice wheels. Some clear indicators would tidy up the front?

What did you do with the OEM wheels? PM me if you happen to still have them and are looking for a home for them...

Hey all,

Just thought i'll post here to say hi and to say that i'm in the process of importing my own v35 into the country as I speak. Bit of a background i was an ex supra owner and tho i really do miss her it was time to part and move on. Really happy with my purchase and hopefully within the next couple of weeks it'll have landed.

Looking forward to many more posts on this forum and i'll keep updating as there might be a greddy twin turbo kit being implanted very soon.

Cheers Robbo