SAU Community

Newbies

Sorry mate, I've got to completely disagree with this.

Generally larger tires mean wider tires. Also your sidewall becomes smaller in most cases to compensate for the increae in wheel diamater. A smaller sidewall is usually stiffer, and the lessened amoutn of flex helps the car corner.

If you mean by handling that it's a bumpier/harsher ride then yes, I would agree, but if you took the same car with the same rubber and ran it with 16 inch wheels and then 19 inch wheels with the correct tire sizes for both, the bigger wheel would out handle the smaller wheel. With more tread on the ground you also get the benifit of better traction out of corners

An example is the R35 GTR, and a lot of newer supercars as well are starting to use 20 inch wheels.

Yes-larger tyres mean wider tires.BUT wider tyres increase the friction or surface area on the road thus making it more difficult to turn the tyres/wheel/car.Thus slower and LESS RESPONSIVE handling (for the 350gt in question)

New SUPERCARS have larger rims because they were DESIGNED to run that size.Putting 20 inch rims on a car designed for 17s initially, is not going to suit the car at all.Appart from that its also apparently illegal (like most things in australia) to have rims larger than 2 inches over manufacturers specs.

My point is that for a car designed with 17/18s,you will notice a detriment in the handling by installing 20s,no question.

Also the larger the rim,the slower the acceleration will be for say a 0-100km/h run.

It will be a harsher ride.Not good if you drive on sydney's roads.....

Tyre costs will be much higher.

But it will look better :wave: .You decide the trade-offs!

Edited by cookie--monster

Hey im new to the SAU community,

I got me a pearl-white Skyline V35 350GT 2004 model premium a month ago and love it to death!

Here are my pics:

post-51047-1210331513_thumb.jpgpost-51047-1210331520_thumb.jpg[a

tachment=158850:W1019618859920c.jpg]post-51047-1210331535_thumb.jpg[atta

hment=158852:W1019618859920e.jpg]

post-51047-1210331527_thumb.jpg

post-51047-1210331545_thumb.jpg

I got me a pearl-white Skyline V35 350GT 2004 model premium a month ago and love it to death!

Here are my pics:

Hey rip,

Welcome mate, very nice car, love it in white.

But that's not a premium. You have an Anniversary model. Much rarer than Premium.

Cheers

Bobby

Hey,Guys, I am a new, if we get party in melbourne, please show the time, my car is comeing in one month

Details is 45000Kms

350gt8 Premium silver color

Coup

around 31000 everything done, is this money good? grade is 4.5.

Here are my pics:

nice ride

looks like your missing the passenger side silver arm trim.you can get tthem from riverside infiniti in the US

i replaced mine due to a scratch on one.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I've been floating around the Stagea section for a while now, but I just took the plunge and bought a '03 Premium (?) in manual with Brembos. I have yet to drive one of these beasts, but by all accounts they are very impressive, so I'm looking forward to it!

Pics:

post-39451-1211261486_thumb.jpg

post-39451-1211261530_thumb.jpg

post-39451-1211261563_thumb.jpg

post-39451-1211261619_thumb.jpg

Not too sure what my plans are at this stage: I'll either sell it or turbocharge it, if I really like the car...

I'll have a few months to decide, at any rate...

Hi all,

I've been floating around the Stagea section for a while now, but I just took the plunge and bought a '03 Premium (?) in manual with Brembos. I have yet to drive one of these beasts, but by all accounts they are very impressive, so I'm looking forward to it!

Pics:

post-39451-1211261486_thumb.jpg

post-39451-1211261530_thumb.jpg

post-39451-1211261563_thumb.jpg

post-39451-1211261619_thumb.jpg

Not too sure what my plans are at this stage: I'll either sell it or turbocharge it, if I really like the car...

I'll have a few months to decide, at any rate...

You bought the Carbon Fibre beast?? Nice!

did you buy THAT car?

if so I hope it was already complied . otherwise it ALL has to come apart.

I have already sourced all the parts required for compliance: it was a condition of sale: all I have to do (again) is wait..... and wait...... and wait......

I have already sourced all the parts required for compliance: it was a condition of sale: all I have to do (again) is wait..... and wait...... and wait......

wise move. who's doing hte work on it? (suggest ISASO.)

wise move. who's doing hte work on it? (suggest ISASO.)

Vision: they've done well for me so far with my Legnum.... and they have access to most of the parts I need...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I have been with skylines australia for a while now.. Used to have an r33 that i sold a while back still miss it ....:--( but anyway i had to sell it was getting too old and i needed to get something a bit newer. Its an 03 skyline with infinty badges all round. Got it from this 65 year old guy who imported it from Japan. Its just the basic model which had the sports package. Here is my ride....

post-10208-1212676971_thumb.jpgpost-10208-1212676102_thumb.jpg[attachmen

=163955:04112007173.jpg]

post-10208-1212676005_thumb.jpg

post-10208-1212676783_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone, I have been with skylines australia for a while now.. Used to have an r33 that i sold a while back still miss it ....:--( but anyway i had to sell it was getting too old and i needed to get something a bit newer. Its an 03 skyline with infinty badges all round. Got it from this 65 year old guy who imported it from Japan. Its just the basic model which had the sports package. Here is my ride....

post-10208-1212676971_thumb.jpgpost-10208-1212676102_thumb.jpg[attachmen

=163955:04112007173.jpg]

Welcome :-)

And nice car. Black wheels on a CB look great.

Funny how you miss your 33, i had one a few years back as well and really regret selling it.

Welcome :-)

And nice car. Black wheels on a CB look great.

Funny how you miss your 33, i had one a few years back as well and really regret selling it.

Thanks men, yeh the r33 was just a beast that i could not tame... I could actually take it out for a drive on a saturday and it would feel like a whole new car. Anyway if i end up making lots of money in the future, I might end up getting 33 toy again :thumbsup:

hi Angelo, welcometo the forums :D

i actually recieved 2 PM's in this last week from people asking about the V35 (i don't know why then asked me for advice via PM), but i thought i would post the exact response that i gave them

it is by no means set in gold but hopefully a bit of a guide

my best advice is to read this section of the forum and have a look at http://www.g35driver.com which has lots of info about he G35 in the states which is essentially a V35 in LHD

here was my response to another guy via PM:

reliability

- engine is excellent, no issues. same engine as maxima, 350z, murano, etc if there are any problems the parts are easy to source locally

- the major issues are a) the door locks and door windor motors that sometimes fail, b) the CD stacker sometimes fails

so when you look at it, it's really minor things that are its issues.

the engine nad gearbox are extremely durable devices

gearbox

- coupe's only come in 5sp auto and 6sp manual. no CVT in the coupe's. i haev the 5sp auto and its an amazing gearbox. drives much nicer than my old R32 which had a high-stall and shift kit

- 5sp auto gearbox is from what i know identical to the 350z so again if it fails (not likely) then parts will be easy-ish to find locally

TV and GPS

- there is no solution to get those functions restored in the factory system or in english

- the pop-up screen is still good as it has fuel ecomony functions, compass, average speed, etc. also, you can hook up an aux input and run a TV tuner or DVD player into he factory screen. there are a few threads onthis in the V35 section

- there is also a GPS solution being worked on, again have a read and contact "Chris Rogers" for more info

Suspension/Brakes/Wheels

- standard suspension is AWESOME. it has VDC (stability control) and ABS and is a safe car that is amazing to drive. 350z springs bolt straight in and lower it approx 1inch for a cheap upgrade :)

- if you get a 6sp manual version from 2003 - 2005 then it might also have the upgraded brembo brakes

- wheels are standard 17", optional 18", and optional sport 19". the bigger the wheel the better in my opinion. i have th 18's and they look PIMPED but the 19's look even better and are a ray's forged wheel

Interior

- seriously this is hte reason i got a V35 over a BMW 330ci or Mercedes C320 or Mercedes CLK320 which were the other things i was looking at.

- the interior is AMAZING. make sure you get the "premium pack" which included auto headlights, buttons on steering wheel, dual climate zone, bose stereo, and leather seats. all these parts can be optioned in separately from nissan in japan so make sure the cas has them all. its not worth paying 30k+ for a car that has nearly all the features.

- i also have the reversing camera which is an amazing device i would not get one without it personally but again its up to you

- the interior looks fantastic and holds up well. not a fan of hte willow coloured interiors but the back is great anyway

- sunroof is a rare option and i believe worth having. i found it took too much headroom for me (i'm 6"4) but i would still have gotten one had i found it in the right car...

if you're paying 35k then you've got to get something new with low kms. the V35 offers so much value for that price. its on par with i believe the 330ci, C320, CLK320, Lexus IS250, Lexus SC430, Audi TT. you will never find any of these cars at this price with the same kind of kms as you will get a 350GT for. and, the 350GT is significantly faster in a straight line and around the twisties

remember to drive as many cars as you can!

cheers,

Warren

Hi , I am a newbie

I have the Skyline 350GT Premium A/T and love it.

Had the GPS changed to English + DVD when I bought it , old GPS system as it turned out but OK.

Added the APS TT, cat back sports exhaust ect , already had 19" on , put 252KW @back wheels and is a different car. Does not look like a mean machine until you want it to go!

I love the look and comfort as I am an oldie , no outside extras , same blue as below.

Had a Fairlady 300ZX TT for 10 years before the change , 2 different cars and love them both .

Regards

Pete

Hi , I am a newbie

I have the Skyline 350GT Premium A/T and love it.

Had the GPS changed to English + DVD when I bought it , old GPS system as it turned out but OK.

Added the APS TT, cat back sports exhaust ect , already had 19" on , put 252KW @back wheels and is a different car. Does not look like a mean machine until you want it to go!

I love the look and comfort as I am an oldie , no outside extras , same blue as below.

Had a Fairlady 300ZX TT for 10 years before the change , 2 different cars and love them both .

Regards

Pete

Hey Pete,

Sounds like an awesome car!

How did you go getting the APS TT system installed in Oz? I thought they care about Australian V35s.

Max

Hi Guys,

New here - awesome forum!

Have a niggling question... the side mirrors on my v35 used to fold away when I locked the car, but they havn't done that for a long time now. There is a manual switch to make it happen - but anyone know how to set it back to automatically happen when I lock the car? That was sooo cool :D

Thanks.

Hi Guys,

New here - awesome forum!

Have a niggling question... the side mirrors on my v35 used to fold away when I locked the car, but they havn't done that for a long time now. There is a manual switch to make it happen - but anyone know how to set it back to automatically happen when I lock the car? That was sooo cool :D

Thanks.

Make sure ur mirror switch is on open, and not neutral or folded.