SAU Community

Newbies

Hi All,

Just purchased a 2012 V36 sedan and eagerly awaiting her arrival. I have a question surrounding compliance requirements in particular the need for an immobiliser, I am under the impression that given the cars age there should be some sort of factory fitted immobiliser, however whether this is to AUS std I am uncertain. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Josh

Chris Rogers will be able to answer this for you, PM him or just wait for him to see this post. The factory immobiliser in the V35 wasn't up to Aust standards. The V36 might be..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Greetings :action-smiley-069:, finally joined this site after checking it on-and-off after getting my White Pearl 2003 V35 Skyline Coupe 350-GT nearly a year ago. It's got the premium pack, factory Momo steering wheel and Brembos, and the original Japanese owner apparently installed a Hasemi Sport carbonfibre spoiler and bilstein shocks from a Z. Given it Nismo clear front indicators (looks so much better than stock), pulled out the Bose Deck and put a Pioneer 2DIN in (still with the 8 Bose speakers, they sound awesome as it is) and otherwise, the only work I've had to do was replace the motors for the door locks. All up, nothing but joy. Hopefully I'll have pics up soon.

• Like 1

Greetings :action-smiley-069:, finally joined this site after checking it on-and-off after getting my White Pearl 2003 V35 Skyline Coupe 350-GT nearly a year ago. It's got the premium pack, factory Momo steering wheel and Brembos, and the original Japanese owner apparently installed a Hasemi Sport carbonfibre spoiler and bilstein shocks from a Z. Given it Nismo clear front indicators (looks so much better than stock), pulled out the Bose Deck and put a Pioneer 2DIN in (still with the 8 Bose speakers, they sound awesome as it is) and otherwise, the only work I've had to do was replace the motors for the door locks. All up, nothing but joy. Hopefully I'll have pics up soon.

Congrats! Would love to see some photos !

What up people I'm Greaver and I have just taken delivery of my first V35

Had a red R33 Coupe which I still use for bashes to the shops so I have lurked these forums for some time but I have just taken the plunge after finding a tidy 2001 V35 with all the options for a very reasonable price that is just off 150ks

Car is meant to be for the missus but its grown on me very quickly, smooth performance and everything is really responsive (aside from he brakes, new rotors ahoy) so I am stoked.

12554828aa.jpg

The plan is to drop it a little on some of these when I get the time to sort the offsets (I have heard standard 350z springs give a 1 inch drop?)

zn5uksdl.fza.png

But yeah nice to meet you all, I have a feeling I will get a later model for myself for my next car : )

Edited by Greaver

OK Guys, good to be here as the newest of the Newbies (not that those who know me would say there's much else about me that's new). Been following the Forum since the start of the year when I bought my 7/09 GT37 sedan. Great car! Came with low kms on the clock, low 20,000's, but I'm sure 50,000 would be nearer the mark. I suspect the first owner in Japan was smart and did some clocking before having his 2 year checks, so the De-Reg Certificate generally supports the car's odo in Oz. Anyway, I want to ask for some help. I need a thoroughly reliable, honest and capable service guy in the Hawthorn/Camberwell area to keep the car up to scratch for me starting as of now. Preferably an experienced guy who has a fair sprinkling of Jap Skylines in his "stable". Any/all suggestions gratefully considered. Thanks very much, and cheers to all.

So finally received my 2012 V36, I must say very impressed with the overall feel of the vehicle, smooth yet enough kick to keep you entertained. Had the headlight chrome painted satin black leaving the shrouds chrome and twin CCFL rings installed while they were open. Also installed some swift springs which I must say retain almost all OEM ride quality while providing a subtle drop.

Here is a front shot, will post some before and after drop shots if anyone is interested....

I belive compliance is available for V36's manufactured up untill December 2012, from then Infiniti has retain sale rights within Australia, I don't believe the G37 was ever offered in Aus (may be wrong). This was an October 2012 so just snuck in with arround 10,000km it feels like its just rolled out of the show room, couldn't be happier!

the G37 was definitly sold here by Infiniti, but only the coupe and convertable, the Sedan wasn't, only the M sedan was. They have now all been replaced with the Q series, Q50 is the G37 Sedan replacement, and the Q60 is the coupe replacement. (Q70 is the M replacement).

Hi guys this is my first post.

Just bought myself a 2006 gt350 sedan and thought I'd sign up here and share.

Bought my new "family sedan" from road and track at silver water Sydney. Had it a few days and it developed a strange random surging issue that came out of nowhere. So back it went and I went home with a loan car (also a skyline). So far can't fault their service just hope they can fix the problem.

When I pick it up I'll endeavor to post some pics but would really like some advice on who to take it to for performance upgrades and mods.

Thanks guys and girls.

P.s. I'm around the hawkesbury area outside of Sydney if anyone else is local.