SAU Community

Newbies

Welcome blade. I dont know if its changed but my HID on my V35 S2 2005 were disconnected on compliance (2007) & I had to refit them. It had something to do with matching the right Aust standard which wasn't available at that time- I would think it should be ok now. I cant be sure for the Stagea but should be very similar. On the V35 it wasn't that hard to put back- make sure the compliers give you the wiring and the HID fitting or get them to fit after its registered - its perfectly legal to have them- just the compliance

Welcome blade. I dont know if its changed but my HID on my V35 S2 2005 were disconnected on compliance (2007) & I had to refit them. It had something to do with matching the right Aust standard which wasn't available at that time- I would think it should be ok now. I cant be sure for the Stagea but should be very similar. On the V35 it wasn't that hard to put back- make sure the compliers give you the wiring and the HID fitting or get them to fit after its registered - its perfectly legal to have them- just the compliance

Yeah it seems that this is still the case. Sadly my compliars were very 2nd rate, I can't get answers nor a reply from them.. So looks like I'll have to spend some hard earned soon and rectify it.. Will have to start looking into getting some genuine replacements, car hopefully is delivered today, so I'll hold off until I have a list on what I need.. Can only assume ballast & globes..

Many thanks

The reason the hid's are removed is because they don't meet the ADR standards (toss, toss) for being self levelling and having water spray jets. Silly as it sounds, that is the reason because in Australia we know more than the rest of the world.

You should ask the compliance mob to give you the globes and ballasts removed from your car if they did indeed totally remove them.

Blade511- Your compliers should NOT keep anything from your car - ITS YOURS. You should demand and get it back- its nothing short of theft!. I have no idea why anyone would touch ballast other than to steal it (which is usually a big job to remove anyway). Usually the wiring is disconnected from behind the headlights & somewhere in the engine bay/wheel arch, the they just modify a bracket / wire for standard globes!.Noone should be touching your ballasts!. They are about 750new (if you can find one). I know because I had to change one ($220gen 2nd hand one). I was lucky I had a friend comply it and the compliers talked him /me through every detail, they kindly bundled the wiring and bulbs in the Glove box. I was very lucky my car still has the jap warranty card for the impul chip and fujitsubu exhaust, spare key + vallet key. If anyone took anything from my car They would be very very sorry..!. You know the car has it- go there & get it!

Blade511- Your compliers should NOT keep anything from your car - ITS YOURS. You should demand and get it back- its nothing short of theft!. I have no idea why anyone would touch ballast other than to steal it (which is usually a big job to remove anyway). Usually the wiring is disconnected from behind the headlights & somewhere in the engine bay/wheel arch, the they just modify a bracket / wire for standard globes!.Noone should be touching your ballasts!. They are about 750new (if you can find one). I know because I had to change one ($220gen 2nd hand one). I was lucky I had a friend comply it and the compliers talked him /me through every detail, they kindly bundled the wiring and bulbs in the Glove box. I was very lucky my car still has the jap warranty card for the impul chip and fujitsubu exhaust, spare key + vallet key. If anyone took anything from my car They would be very very sorry..!. You know the car has it- go there & get it!

Could not agree more.. I've been on one hell of a back and forth and am starting to get results.. But they are painful and am at the point where enough is enough.. Put simply I don't want to deal with them any further. And would be happy to send them a bill just to stir.. However, you and I both know that I'll be wasting my time when it gets down to the nuts and bolts of it.

Could not agree more.. I've been on one hell of a back and forth and am starting to get results.. But they are painful and am at the point where enough is enough.. Put simply I don't want to deal with them any further. And would be happy to send them a bill just to stir.. However, you and I both know that I'll be wasting my time when it gets down to the nuts and bolts of it.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys, 

I'm looking to buy a 2008 nissan skyline 370gt v36. It's an import with navigation system and stuff in Japanese. That's fine, but since I have never owned an import car before, I would like to know if spares are readily available in WA? Or in the eastern states? I'm getting an inspection report done as well. Anything I should keep in mind when I go have a second look and drive? Your advice and help will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks. 

Hey guys! I own a 2009 g37xs and I love anything Nissan! I'm located in Tennsessee in the United States. Joined this site because I'm looking to trade my infiniti items for Nissan 370gt items! ?

IMG_2816.JPG

• 1 year later...

Here are some pictures of my latest buy, a 2005 350GT auto.

Driving buy the local car yard & spotted it on the lot for $10990NZD. Had a look on the web-site & found out it only had traveled under 50,000k so I decided to go have a look. Took it for a spin, loved it, so I bought it!

Runs on 17s, has black cloth interior, factory tinted windows & no wind deflectors over the doors (which spoils the look).

I got a gadget that plugs into the cig lighter socket to play music from my phone through the factory head unit.

The pictures ain't the best but had to take them between heavy rain showers from my phone.

DSC_0111_25.jpg

DSC_0113_25.jpg

DSC_0114_25.jpg

DSC_0115_25.jpg