SAU Community

Newbies

B-Man... nice Gazelle... :) Seen that before somewhere :)

Here's my beast...

After i neatend her up a little

P5290027.jpg

More recent shots

Image053.jpg

Image054.jpg

Image056.jpg

Image058.jpg

Image057.jpg

What you can see is a CA18det (+auto) from a 180SX

VW orange engine bay

T28BB from an S15

3" FMIC engine bay mounted

Alarm system with central locking + kill switch

Battery re-located to the boot

Customised S12 Radiator shifted back

Custom IC piping

3" Custom Turbo back exhaust

SR S13 Front slotted brakes

S14 front coilovers

Custom rear springs, HQ holden rear shocks

TRX Series 3 Blubird slotted rear disk brake upgrade. (was drums)

16" x7 and 16" x8, 3 piece Watanabe's

Custom built H190 Torsen LSD

1 piece driveshaft

Modified rear hard brake lines

Oil cooler (left hand indicator location)

Aftermarket steering wheel

G'reddy boost gauge

Raybrig lenzes

Re-located Indicators and parker lights

4x Clarion 6" powered by a Pinoeer CD MP3 HU.

CB radio

to be fitted is...

New Carpet with JDM floor mat's

Series 2 tail lights

Blackened interior (rather than 80's blue)

FJ20 Bulged bonnet (R32 metallic black)

HID kit

Max Ungun S12 leatherette seat set

Impul body kit

Midnight blue paint

Custom rear parcel shelf

10" Sub and mono block

New windscreen and tinted windows

Most items i already have... just need time to fit them.

In the pipeworks (which will be of more interest to most of you here) is also another Gazelle, a hatchback, with a VQ30det +t... i have both... - turbo's and need them to be mated to one another once this car (daily) is completed.

At this stage APS are not going to be of assistance to me in terms of parts supply, so HKS at this stage will be utilised. I'd rather cast manifolds than custom jobs.

Im looking at a bottom up FMIC with a boot mounted Radiator with roll cage and all the usual race gear.

I have an R33 rear subframe that will be going into it... and a 350Z M6 speed i need to save up for and source.

It's going to be a mulit year build, but a hobbie for when i dont have anything else on.

There has been alot of planning so far to go into this race bred S12... but too much to disclose at this point. :)

Hey All,

Well after trolling around reading every other post on this forum I have finally got some pics of my new beasty and thought I'd put them up and say g'day. I'm in the process of selling my R33 GTSt - seems to be a common story :) Bit sad about that, I know I'm going to miss the power but I'm looking forward to a nice quiet comfortable car that can still provide some fun. Have scored a 2003 model V35, triptronic, premium with I believe Nissan optioned rear spoiler, front lip with fog lights, Momo steering wheel, splash guards and wheels ( look familiar n15mo? :) ). Has a few more miles on it than many with about 58k but for the extras I figured it was worth it. Scored it for 1.6million yen fob which I was happy with. Imported via Prestige Motorsport - thanks to Geoff! Compliance being done in Brisbane by Isaso which means I get access to the guru - Chris Rogers, for my av requirements :) Hopefully I can manage technology enuff to get the pics up now!

Cheers

Max

post-1900-1213998560_thumb.jpg

post-1900-1213998672_thumb.jpg

post-1900-1213998833_thumb.jpg

Hey All,

Well after trolling around reading every other post on this forum I have finally got some pics of my new beasty and thought I'd put them up and say g'day. I'm in the process of selling my R33 GTSt - seems to be a common story :) Bit sad about that, I know I'm going to miss the power but I'm looking forward to a nice quiet comfortable car that can still provide some fun. Have scored a 2003 model V35, triptronic, premium with I believe Nissan optioned rear spoiler, front lip with fog lights, Momo steering wheel, splash guards and wheels ( look familiar n15mo? :) ). post-1900-1213998560_thumb.jpg

post-1900-1213998672_thumb.jpg

post-1900-1213998833_thumb.jpg

Nice score on the wheels and front lip...also love the optional momo wheel!

Yeah I'm pretty happy with the Momo item :) - no buttons to control things but I prefer it's look. Haven't got a decent image of the front lip unfortunately - must've been parked up close to another car will put up the best one I've got. Like the clear indicators as well. Just gotta wait another month or so for the car to get to me :)

pm sent Chris

post-1900-1214007935_thumb.jpg

Lol - wouldn't want to confuse people too much huh!

There's a hell of a lot of guard to fill - the 350Z shock/spring mod would help but I don't want it too be too low - although it doesn't look like it should be too bad? post-1900-1214018051_thumb.jpg

Lucky Townsville's really flat :)

Oh yeah,

I can now officially post here because I finally picked up my car this evening :) Yay!

Hey Congratz! Be at least another month for me :(

First impressions on the V? Any negatives after the first day, or is it all good and worth every second of this painful waiting game?! ( I know that it is of course, just seeking reinforcement seeing as I'm only 1/2 way through the process :) )

First impressions - love driving it!

Ride is firm but not shuddery, really feels like it hugs the road. Steering wheel is a great size and the weight is perfect.

I find the 6 speed gear box a little bit notchy but still pretty good. Just took a tiny a bit of getting used to for me. The clutch has good feel and it would be very hard to stall.

The power is effortless and the exhaust note is good. The BOSE system is excellent for factory audio, and luckily my CD player works.

Fuel economy: Averaging 8.3L/km (12L/100km) in city traffic and I haven't exactly been babying it yet :( Pretty happy with that so far.

Haven't found any of the common problems yet. My window switches work fine.

Overall very happy. The only downer is my RAW has scratched my rear quarter panel and refuses to accept liability for it.

I know how you feel: my v35s aren't due to arrive until July 20, but my importer just sent me photos of the brand-new, dirty big scratch on the passenger side of the 4.5A grade car... It wasn't there at the auction, but the report at the dock lists it, so it must have happened in transit :(

yeah it must be frustrating, but at the end of the day its a known risk you get with importing.. did you have insurance for the transport of the vehicle?

still, slap some paint on it and you still have something better than you can get locally!!

i remember when i first got my car, i was doing a rural term that was 4hrs from brisbane. i was getting >800kms/tank going out there sitting on 110km/hr the whole way it was great! plus the bose is so bloody great for a stock setup i don't think i'll ever change out the bose system!

That's good news... The factory sound systems in all my imports have been pretty average and required improvements, with the notable exeption of the Legnum: VERY good, especially for a 12 year old car :D

Hey all,

I'm currently in the hunting process for my new baby (v35/coup/man).

Having previously owned a silvia & a supra I decided it was about time for me to sell up and find something a little more comfortable.

So without further adieu, I shall return to scouring over threads & cars for sale :D

ps

if anyone happens to be looking to sell shoot me a pm

The V35 is a definite step up from Silvias and Supras!

I'm loving the attention at the moment... the vast majority of people on the road have never seen one and stare - especially in a colour which stands out like Caribbean blue.

That or they think I'm a wanker with custom plates.

Edited by MaXiMuS007

Yeah it turns a few heads. Wait till you start getting the odd person thinking it's a new GTR.... can be fun to mess with them ;)

Not so worried about turning heads, just want something that is an essentially complete package.

if you want to be technical I've actually had:

silvia/r33/celica/r33/wrx/r32/supra

I'm tired of lower spec cars & just want something that I will be happy enough to stick with :banana:

and yes the RTA love me :P