SAU Community

Few Questions On The R34 Gtt

dani3l

hey guys, finally imported and complianced my r34 with came with a few goodies.

Few things im concerned/need info on

1. Say for example i give my car abit of stick, ive noticed when i slow down and for eg turn into a street or whatever. The slip light flashes on the dash and for a few seconds the car dosent seem to respond when you accelerate. ( kinda like its lagging until the slip light goes of then it goes back to normal) would the fact that the cars got some sort of a/m lsd diff come into it . (which mind you is very F**king annoying, the car shakes like the wheels are about to fall of whenever im reversing or turning slowly) Also another thing the cars tyres have seen better days but still have some tread on them. if that comes into it at all. Mind you when turning the car isnt going sideways on anything like that which would probably cause the slip light to come on. Also the slip light situation dosent occur every time, but almost every time.

2. Cars also got a heavy duto clutch. Ive noticed once you switch the car on, and push clutch in. You can hear are sort of ringing noise from inside the cabin and pretty clearly outside aswell. Kinda like a bell goin of. Would that indicate the bearings or something to do with the clutch is in need of replacing or is that normal for an a/m clutch. (not sure whether its got single/twin plate etc etc)

any help would be great as i cant say im to educated with these situations

thanks alot guys

that slip light is normal, comes on so you don't "lose control", but it does get annoying, which is why there is a little button you can press under the left side of the steering wheel (TCS) to turn it off, do a search, you can even buy a module that turns it off when you start the car as default, instead of flicking it every time.

Car does not give you power even if you floor it, until it re-stabalises. gets really annoying if you have stiff suspension and you're trying to get through driveways!

btw, if your car was just complied, Then changing the tyres should have been included as it is required

i see.. Thanks for that

another thing, also noticed sometimes if im giving the car abit of stick on take of or whatever and goin quick around corners. It has a tendency to sometimes stall. Anybody had this problem in the r34 gtt before or know what may be causing it?

cheers

sounds like you've got either a 1.5 or a 2 way mechanical lsd and a twin plate clutch, yeh just flick the switch, kinda gets annoying after a while though doing it every time you turn the car on, i leave it on so i dont get carried away hehe. but yeh mechanical diff's will chew out the tyre's quicker than normal lsd's, and multiplate clutches sound kinda like there are nuts and bolts rattling around inside the bell housing when the pedal is pushed in, car was most likley used for a bit of drift and/or touge in japan.

sorry ill just add this as well, you'll find that it the slip light comes on when backing off into corners with a mechanical diff cause they lock up on decel as well as accel and the slip light comes on to tell you the traction control is kicking in (hence the cutting the power to the engine) and the diff is probaly ending the comp those signals when it locks up on decel hope that clears a few things up for you :laugh: have fun with it but be carefull mechanical diffs can bite back at you if your not carefull and arent used to them, alot more aggressive than a standard viscous one.

hehe yehh didnt take me to long to realise they can bite back hard.

thanks for the insight

in terms of teh stalling, anybody got an idea of what that could be? seems to stall once in a while when i give it some decent throttle in 1st or 2nd gear and then slow down.?

cheers

hehe yehh didnt take me to long to realise they can bite back hard.

thanks for the insight

in terms of teh stalling, anybody got an idea of what that could be? seems to stall once in a while when i give it some decent throttle in 1st or 2nd gear and then slow down.?

cheers

If you have aftermarket BOV and it's leaking you'll have this problem.

yeh if you've got a vent to atmo BOV then that would most likely be the reason for stalling, to do with the air flow meter, i used to have an r32 with a atmo bov and it didnt stall an my 34 has the standard plumback so im not really sure how to fix it, just make sure its not leaking etc, try tighting the spring up a bit.

• 2 weeks later...