SAU Community

Software :)

• 4 weeks later...
Did anyone find this screen under diagnostics? What is it?

Tom

Looks like GPS diagnostic data to me - HDOP/GDOP are data values related to predicted GPS error, I'm guessing that the next 3 lines are the signal strengths of the satellites currently in view. The next lot of data looks to be related to an inertial gyro - guess the V35 sat nav must use this as a backup/x-check for the gps data. This quite common for built-in systems, the gyro data means you don't lose your position in a long tunnel and improves accuracy in a city with lots of tall building which can confuse the GPS receiver.

• 3 weeks later...
i am anxiously checking this thread for the solution

pls somebody god help you

There may be a solution. I have made contat with a Russian company that has done the conversion from Jap to Russian. They believe they can do the conversion but will need min customers 20-30 to make it worth while. Then there needs to be someone who can install the firmware. One option send the units (nay above glovebox) to Russia or better is to find a local comany who can work on the units.

Second step is to work out how we get local maps?

The company I have spoken to is http://www.xanavi.ru/cnt.shtml, You can see some of the converted windows on their web site.

A fair way to go but it is a start.

I have had about 5 people so far say they would do it. >_<

In regard to the Jap to English ....just as an exercise I have had a play at translating the russian from the russian web site screen shots and here it is. I know I could have gone to the us english site etc but I wanted to try.

A bit obscure I know but ....hey someone may be interested.

See attached file :v35ruskitoengli.doc

People,

you may want to check that thread:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/M3....html&st=80

I will re-post my message here :

Ok,

guys from Moscow approached me today. They have a "demo" version ready, now they need a brave person in Perth who's got a car DVD based Xanai unit (M35 Stagea or Skyline up to 2005). This gotta be a 2-step proceess:

1) we need to determine the exact version of that unit's unit firmaware and let the guys know

2) they will porvide is with demo (partially translated) version and with original firmware, if that person decides to load the original firmware.

At this stage they are not willing to distribute the demo around the globe :D

screen dumps attached.

post-23006-1202111306_thumb.jpg

post-23006-1202111313_thumb.jpg

post-23006-1202111325_thumb.jpg

Edited by And

• 2 months later...
any updates?

The conversion is being worked on at the moment but they are setting up a distributor system for it so they will be paid a fair price for the conversions. The metod of conversion is by installing a disc in the DVD rom and updating the software so the potential for them to do a lot of work and get no return is very real.

I would say by June/July we will have a system set up and a fair price. As soon as I have some more definive dates and costs I will post it up.

Cheers

Andy