SAU Community

Software :)

Nah, unfortunately those two screws are just to remove the memory slot component. This can be seen in the picture with the lid off and the PCB showing with a few components sitting on top of it. Basically, the hard drive is on the other side of the green PCB that you can see in the photo, approximately at the level (but slightly lower) than the brown strip in the front shot of the unit. Basically to get at the HDD, you need to remove the CD ROM and to remove the CD-ROM, to me it looks like you just about to remove everything. Gonna take a long time and patience, not to mention a helluva lot of nerve!

Nah, unfortunately those two screws are just to remove the memory slot component. This can be seen in the picture with the lid off and the PCB showing with a few components sitting on top of it. Basically, the hard drive is on the other side of the green PCB that you can see in the photo, approximately at the level (but slightly lower) than the brown strip in the front shot of the unit. Basically to get at the HDD, you need to remove the CD ROM and to remove the CD-ROM, to me it looks like you just about to remove everything. Gonna take a long time and patience, not to mention a helluva lot of nerve!

May the force be with you :)

ok its a different unit I was thinking of. there is one that nissan make that you can access it from the front.

allow a day to strip / pull and reassemble it.

once you get the image done/cracked and redone prepare for a barrage of 'can I get a copy' emails :)

does anyone know if the maps stored destinations are stored on the DVD drive or somewhere else?

when mine was converted to english, brad had a pre-converted dvd drive that we just swapped over.

ive just got the maps running for the first time and found the destination marked as "home" in Toyohashi and im wondering if that could be the actual Japanese home of my car

plus it is showing the position marker as being about 10km directly out from Fuji heading SW by boat

Edited by Deep Dish V35

does anyone know if the maps stored destinations are stored on the DVD drive or somewhere else?

when mine was converted to english, brad had a pre-converted dvd drive that we just swapped over.

ive just got the maps running for the first time and found the destination marked as "home" in Toyohashi and im wondering if that could be the actual Japanese home of my car

plus it is showing the position marker as being about 10km directly out from Fuji heading SW by boat

I would of thought that the favorites menu which has stored places would of been stored on the dvd rom. I dont think it can write to a disk. It can only read a disk.

Someone tell me if i'm wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, that unit looks vastly different with many more terminals on the back than the USDM 2010 coupe. I was thinking of taking mine out to see if I can work out a telephone mute type of volume control for my system without affecting the volume of an actual phone call via the bluetooth. Yes, I know that sounds silly but the application I have in mind calls for the stereo to be muted without affecting phone calls so that I can hear an alert other than a phone call when the stereo is blasting.

Failing that, I'm thinking I can probably just fudge the device so that it triggers the Voice control but I can't remember if that mutes the stereo for the voice command or not. I'm working overseas at the moment but my brain is running 24/7 thinking about how I'm going to solve this challenge.

Nice work with pulling it out and taking the photos though. If you ever get a chance to get more detailed photos of the circuit boards themselves, they may prove to be handy in my research for this other project. Don't go out of your way for it though. Best of luck with the conversion. I'm quite happy to keep mine in Japanese. It gives my vehicle a little character. :)

Besides, with Nissan introducing the G37 locally, maybe we'd have the good fortune of the Bose-equipped vehicles actually getting the same hardware - unless Nissan expect this and will screw us over. Time will tell.

• 2 months later...

I never get an answer Fedor just says he is busy with it. If Andy reads this he can ask Fedor about the economy screen.

I just have to get more dvds so I can copy it or you can bring your memory stick over and I can give it to you and you copy it onto disk yourself

hi, i just wondering how can i use Navigation/DVD/TV? actually i turn on tv then there has nothing on there,however i can hear sounds for speaker which should be come from TV Channel. i have press navigation button which doesnt work, there has nothing come out from screen. can u help me for those questions? cheers

hi, i just wondering how can i use Navigation/DVD/TV? actually i turn on tv then there has nothing on there,however i can hear sounds for speaker which should be come from TV Channel. i have press navigation button which doesnt work, there has nothing come out from screen. can u help me for those questions? cheers

You'll need an Aus tv tuner if you don't have one already. Japanese tv tuner won't pick up picture over here (assuming you are in Australia that is).

Navi won't work over here either.

This is pretty frustrating.

I have read 15 pages of this thread from the start and there is nothing relevant in the first 15, just chatter.... Software hasn't even been developed. Thread could really do with a clean up or a new thread with definitive answers!

So before anyone says 'read' - all I want to know is if software is available for 2004.5 (s2) or 2006 (s3)? Please :-p

• Like 1

Have now read all 53 pages!!

Answer is there is currently no solution for s2 but being worked on.

It sounds as though it ill be easier to just splice in a tv tuner and external gps unit for display ad be done with it.

S2 should be released in November. It is very close to being ready.

http://www.xanavi.com.au/Xanavi/Xanavi_Language.html

Sounds good. But no s3?

Reason I ask is i am in the market and it is important for me to get it functioning in English with the ability to add gps and reverse cam.

If s3 is a basket case then it affects my decision.

Brad, do you know if Fedor retained the Km/L or did he change it to L/100km for the series 2?

I would say it would be the same as series 1. Ill ask him next time I speak to him. Not alot of people have asked for it that way. But I could be wrong