SAU Community

Software :)

once changed thats it.

You can actually change it back. We have a run back disk which we can reload back to normal if you don't like the conversion. Or you could just get a Japanese firmware disk and put that in.

Yeah that's what I meant - I got the original firmware disk that came with navi disk when I bought the car. Definitely want to check it out when it's ready.

Really like the KLM/L reading very easy to follow 8klm a litre x 80litre=640 (always fill around 560ks on this average). Why the standard on all new cars went to litres/100klm is beyond me.

Thanks Brad

Hope this answers a few questions.

Quoted from Fedor "Yes, series 2 will be somewhat the same. There are no significant changes/additions in functionality. It will have L/100km.

No, it is not the last conversion. I'm working on later (HDD) models in parallel."

industry standard.

Just like how they got it wrong with the direction of the tiptronic- but people will swear they like it till the cows come home. Doesn't mean they got it right.

I swapped the direction of that too... :yes:

I fully get the gearbox tip tropic thing. Cause pushing forward should always be up I reckon (must be a manual driver thing). But on fuel just looking at it practically how do you work out litres you got- you have to covert range left /. 100 klms/ then. / litres. Its always a 2 step process before you start. So I guess like the gearbox thing "Industry standard "is not always practical

I disagree with the auto shifting. Think about it guys. Before the manualised auto came into play, you had the sequence PRND21. So invariably, you had to push up to shift to a higher gear.

Grab a B&M auto shifter and it is the same thing, with the sequence also ascending gears upwards.

Maybe some of us are just too old school to understand you young whipper snappers. ;)

Edited by The Max

lol, well this thread is careening off topic at a rapid rate.

a) shutup Alex, you're wrong :P How is L/100 industry standard? Maybe here in Aus it is, but it is a ridiculous and illogical form of measurement. Km/L or Miles/gallon (which had been the industry standard around the globe - so when changing to metric, why change it completely?) make much more sense

b) Agree with Elie and Alex (okay, only half wrong :)), pulling down on the shifter to change up through the gears works with g forces whilst accelerating and vice versa when braking. Natural feel IMO

If your names Tony you must like it huh? B&M shifter...is that all you got? :whistling:

How about a hollinger, or a Porsche GT3 cup car, V8 supercar? Suppose they got it wrong- better tell them.

Cam - open the paper to the car reviews. What do you see economy measured in? Ever seen MPG or Km/L lately? Thats what I call industry standard, and so other car companies that see in Aust. Toyota, ford, holden all in Lts/100kms. The car has a range display, so knowing how many litres left is largely useless.

Anyway, the Russians agree with me. Don't like it, go design your own software :P

If your names Tony you must like it huh? B&M shifter...is that all you got? :whistling:

How about a hollinger, or a Porsche GT3 cup car, V8 supercar? Suppose they got it wrong- better tell them.

Yes, that is all I've got because logically, you don't compare race vehicles to street-legal vehicles. You can at least use a B&M shifter on a vehicle that can be kept street-legal after the modification.

Don't get me wrong, I don't disagree with which sequential shift pattern is better. The idea of pulling the shifter towards you to shift up makes sense to me but given the old PRND21 sequence we've all grown up with, it makes sense to keep it that way on a street vehicle. That's why I didn't bring Hollinger into the argument, despite their transmissions being widely accepted in the racing community, particularly in V8S as their control transmission for a while.

Yes, that is all I've got because logically, you don't compare race vehicles to street-legal vehicles.

I couldn't disagree with this more. Traditionally car manufacturers have used motorsport as a testing ground for their technology before integrating it into their road cars. This may not be as true today as it was 20+ years ago with so many manufacturers having little involvement in motorsport but who on this forum would ever buy a car from one of those manufacturers anyway?

• 3 weeks later...

So maybe there is hope out there for V36 owners - spotted this ad on TradeMe (NZ auction site) the other day - a 2005 Nissan Fuga being advertised as having the navigation system converted to NZ:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/nissan/fuga/auction-496051466.htm

The advertiser (Croydon Wholesalers) is a well known importer of Nissans, and Skylines in particular, so doesn't surprise me they figured it out.

The Fuga is kinda related to the V36 - wonder how close a cousin the AV system is?!

Is this one of the registered V35 AV converter guys - charging NZD$499 for the conversion in NZ?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/rear-view-cameras/auction-533190114.htm

Makes me a little bit suspicious since there is a q posted there about a series 2 M35 which should have been a dead giveaway that it wasn't supported, but their initial answer to the q was that it was (they later reported it correctly as not supported).