SAU Community

Software :)

Is this one of the registered V35 AV converter guys - charging NZD$499 for the conversion in NZ?

http://www.trademe.c...n-533190114.htm

Makes me a little bit suspicious since there is a q posted there about a series 2 M35 which should have been a dead giveaway that it wasn't supported, but their initial answer to the q was that it was (they later reported it correctly as not supported).

He is a registered installer.

Cheers

Andy

Sounds a lot more expensive than the indicated price I was given by the previous Auckland based installer when I enquired a year to two back...

I'm still waiting on the S2 M35 conversion, but probably won't be interested if it costs that much. :no:

• 2 months later...

Hi chris,

I originally "talked" to you a few months ago when I got my v36 sedan,about the gps etc.

Im still trying to find out stuff, if you come up with something I may be interested.

J.C.

for those that are buying V36 cars. buy them without navi. I have a drop in solution that uses a Garmin back end and it is TOUCH screen based.

for those that bought cars WITH factory navi. I CANNOT help you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Tommy good stuff. Just not sure of the fuel consumption the green leaf seems to work the opposite way to the original one . More consumption means more green leaf - is that right ? When can we check it out

Right near the end of the clip, just after revving it, it looks like the leaf gets fills up with the green again.

Perhaps it works the same except that the leaf is green on idle instead of grey on idle?

Yep, didn't even notice that.

With all the work that has gone into this conversion, why the hell did they f**k up the leaf screen? It wasn't broken to begin with!

I would have though a simple English conversion leaving the km/L calculations/display the same would have been easier.... and more logical

• 1 month later...

for those that are buying V36 cars. buy them without navi. I have a drop in solution that uses a Garmin back end and it is TOUCH screen based.

for those that bought cars WITH factory navi. I CANNOT help you.

I gotta wonder though. In Japan, aside from the NAVI there would be other features that came with that option pack for the V36. Anyone know what they would have been? I'm drawn to that premium BOSE stereo system for one thing. Anything else?

I got the premium bose in mine. There is a slight diff from what I recollect to the standard bose and for its time 2005 I think the sound is very good and better than most standard fitments of cars its age. The functions are very basic and sure some people want different things out of their unit but as far as sound goes its brilliant !

Bose - better sound through marketing..

I will leave that there..

I find the Bose system lacking alot of mids...hated it when I got the car...my 34 had Focals in there and still sounding so much better even though I only have a 2 way poly.