SAU Community

Software :)

I gotta wonder though. In Japan, aside from the NAVI there would be other features that came with that option pack for the V36. Anyone know what they would have been? I'm drawn to that premium BOSE stereo system for one thing. Anything else?

Cruise control seems to be an option in Japan. SP's don't come with this as standard so if you really really want it, make sure that you check the auction photo's!

Thanks ElftGT350, Chris, Colin and Alkatraz for various inputs. I'm partial to the Bose because I had one in a Mazda 6 and loved the clarity (without harshness). System had a subwoofer in the boot and really rounded out the sound. There was plenty of volume but it wasn't so much about loud as it was about rich and full. I'm seeking to replicate that experience is all.

Thanks re heads up on the Cruise Control. Saw elsewhere that Chris can fit OEM cruise. Good to know! Anybody seen an options list at all for 2010 SP?

Cheers guys.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

industry standard.

Just like how they got it wrong with the direction of the tiptronic- but people will swear they like it till the cows come home. Doesn't mean they got it right.

I swapped the direction of that too... yes.gif

You can do that? f**k me... that's briliant. Never understood why it's the wrong way around. Same in most modern cars. Makes no sense at all. The whole point is to push/pull in the direction of the vehicle inertia. Up shift you pull back towards yourself like going from 1st to 2nd in a manual... downshift the opposite. Surely anyone who drives a manual regularly would be losing their f**king mind with the tiptronic shit.

Well I've read through the whole thread and numerous others online since I got the car a few weeks ago! I have also tried to contact a few of the numbers I found while searching this topic.

It seems like this has slowed down over the last couple of years and I'm just wondering if there's still anyone in Melbourne doing the install/English conversion? I am located on the South East side and don't mind traveling or better yet paying for you to come to my place (shit! Will even buy you lunch/beers) to get this conversion done...

I'm also interested in getting the TV to work and also setting up a navigation through the same screen (seems like my Bose radio has already been tuned to aus as that works fine) if anyone knows where to buy the aux in/outs and antennas to do this etc that would be great also.

Car is 03 V35 Bose CD player and everything is working fine (still a jap Nav disc in the unit too)

Cheers

Trae

Edited by PranK

• 2 months later...

Well, I've spent all day Sunday up until 10.45 Sunday evening, (even eating all meals in front of the DEll 27") .... now I can say I have read every post and reply, thoroughly enjoying the overwhelming majority as we as picked up bits of pieces of knowledge that registers with my feeble mind. After all of that, I have but one question...... but first the facts..... i own and adore a 7/2009 sedan which is either an SP, or a P that has been optioned up. It appears to be a very nice car, even judging it against the wonderful cars I've had in the past. So, am I being 'difficult' by asking if there's an indicative date or range of dates for the software to fix the Japanese to English translation for my car?

PS I live in Melbourne, Australia

Edited by Lil'olme

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've spent all day Sunday up until 10.45 Sunday evening, (even eating all meals in front of the DEll 27") .... now I can say I have read every post and reply, thoroughly enjoying the overwhelming majority as we as picked up bits of pieces of knowledge that registers with my feeble mind. After all of that, I have but one question...... but first the facts..... i own and adore a 7/2009 sedan which is either an SP, or a P that has been optioned up. It appears to be a very nice car, even judging it against the wonderful cars I've had in the past. So, am I being 'difficult' by asking if there's an indicative date or range of dates for the software to fix the Japanese to English translation for my car?

PS I live in Melbourne, Australia

Xanavi.Ru have a firmware for the 08IT system (V36 Series 2, 370GT) which supports multi language interface.

The 06IT system used in V36 Series 1, 350GT will not be converted, however there is an option to swap the 06IT to the 08IT and get everything in English. I was told recently that it will also support Australian navi besides normal stuff like time zones and radio frequencies. This discussion is here http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/436316-japanese-to-english-conversion-for-v36-oem-swap/

Unfortunately due to high level of piracy here, authors can only do installation themselves, so no dealers in Australia at this moment and no cheap workarounds. They should have soon come to down under to convert some number of cars, I'll post a report when my car will be converted.

Edited by Zveruga

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested ..... but have none of these skills at all.

Xanavi.Ru have a firmware for the 08IT system (V36 Series 2, 370GT) which supports multi language interface.

The 06IT system used in V36 Series 1, 350GT will not be converted, however there is an option to swap the 06IT to the 08IT and get everything in English. I was told recently that it will also support Australian navi besides normal stuff like time zones and radio frequencies. This discussion is here http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/436316-japanese-to-english-conversion-for-v36-oem-swap/

Unfortunately due to high level of piracy here, authors can only do installation themselves, so no dealers in Australia at this moment and no cheap workarounds. They should have soon come to down under to convert some number of cars, I'll post a report when my car will be converted.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I've read through the whole thread and numerous others online since I got the car a few weeks ago! I have also tried to contact a few of the numbers I found while searching this topic.

It seems like this has slowed down over the last couple of years and I'm just wondering if there's still anyone in Melbourne doing the install/English conversion? I am located on the South East side and don't mind traveling or better yet paying for you to come to my place (shit! Will even buy you lunch/beers) to get this conversion done...

I'm also interested in getting the TV to work and also setting up a navigation through the same screen (seems like my Bose radio has already been tuned to aus as that works fine) if anyone knows where to buy the aux in/outs and antennas to do this etc that would be great also.

Car is 03 V35 Bose CD player and everything is working fine (still a jap Nav disc in the unit too)

Cheers

Trae

I'm in the same boat as i cant find anyone in Melbourne that does it.

lol I haven't had a successful flash yet, so don't get your hopes up. This weekend I'm gonna try it on the car, so I'll see how I go.

As for the screens and stuff... I'm not sure if it can be changed, but I'll have a play with it and see what happens.

No plans for the V36, I'm just doin this in my spare time as a favour for the missus tongue.gif

Id been keen for the v36 translation.

dont care about the units or anything - just want to read the menu system without having to follow the conversion sheet.

So will the finished product be a CD that yo place in the CD system and and hit something on the system, to update? i.e. not require removing bits and pieces and the HDD etc?

No news on the V36 yet. I would expect it will be in the second half of the year.

Cheers

And

Has anyone managed to get a disk for the v36? (the OEM disk in Japanese or the cracked/edited language disk)?

Can someone put the iso or a link up?

I'm in New Zealand - there wouldn't be a hope of getting a disk off Nissan here, they would just laugh and say you shouldn't have brought an import, only ever (pay twice the price) and buy from us - NZ models (which the skyline isn't available in a NZ version - only the Maxima).

Hi Zveruga

My last information of conversions was $200 for a 350gt installation by a Xanavi Rep in Melbourne.

I understood that they install via a CD that they have so that it can not be pirated.

I have a 2009 370gt that I would love to convert dash and / or nav.

Tried to access xanavi aus website but it wasnt loading properly or I missed something...... ???

Is my info out of date?

I would happily pay a "Fair" amount in the "Hundreds" to convert as I think anything in the "Thousands" would seem to me to be over priced.

Regards Julie

I believe you can spot a difference between a quite primitive system in the V35 versus quite advanced one in the V36. The V35 conversion was for menu only and its development had been paid off by installations elsewhere in the world before it was available in Australia.

The V36 conversion is a completely different from the complexity and feature set standpoints, as it does support Australian maps and other goodies. However because the Japanese unit has to be replaced, majority of the cost lies in hardware, the software costs are more or less on par with the V35.

You can reach out to Fyodor and ask whether he is willing to make a cheaper option, but I have a lot of doubt - entire V36 firmware is on the HDD and half of this forum knows how to clone it including default Xanavi passwords, etc.

Edited by Zveruga