SAU Community

Software :)

^^ hit the nail on the head.

People want this done for nix and expect it to work first go, be able to blame someone if it does not.

TO THOSE CONTACTING ME FOR ENGLISH CONVERSIONS:

I HAVE NO DONE THEM SINCE 2009. NO I CANNOT TELL YOU WHERE TO GET IT DONE.

hopefully this is clear enough to most of the newbies that feel the need to join, PM me , and disappear.

Parts , yes I can get them. Will I sell them at cost . No.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Bugger 57 pages! who has the time.

Thank you Chris for the time on such a huge effort to please the masses.

Chris can you post a summary please.

V35 covered.

V35 not covered.

Software, Versions covered, not covered etc.

what labels to look for on the sat nav dvd rom to confirm compatability etc.

info spread over 57 pages is just near impossible.

Again thanks and Cheers.

Tony, do I know you?

Answere ,NO.

Where's the love bro.

Don't be lazy." come on play fair"

The effort would of been better made simply answering the post , or mind your own business

thought these forums were to help one another not see who has the biggest pair.

thanks for all your help.

oh and by the way I am busy.

If you are too busy to do your research that all of us have done and contributed to the forums, then maybe you shouldn't have the car or be here. We have already helped by posting what we know here. You should find the time to do your own research and read whats on here if you really want to mod your car or do stuff. You aren't the only one who is busy. No one here is comparing who has the biggest pair, well maybe just you considering you coming in here asking for info that is already here.

• Like 2

Nobby, we don't know each other, not that it's at all relevant.

We're all busy here, in our own way - perhaps some more so than others. Regardless, we've all taken the time to do the same homework that you should be doing and we've even contributed back to the forum in return.

Besides which, asking someone else to do your homework for you is not only lazy but just plain rude. I think it's fair to say that Chris has better things to do with his time than to spoonfeed someone who finds clicking and scrolling through these pages to be beneath them. It shows what high regard you have for others who made the effort.

We are here to help but we are not each other's servant.

• Like 4

V35 covered.

V35 not covered.

Again thanks and Cheers.

Better to just ring Chris and see what he can do for you.

V35 covered.

V35 not covered.

Again thanks and Cheers.

like most (and yourself) I get busy. info is there , read.

• Like 3

Why do people find the need to attack newbies on this subject. Yes the info is there but its gettig old and tbh I havent followed for a year ot 2 now. Also I noticed some of the Xanavi websites have disappeared. If I could offer some advise )& ai cant now) to a stranger in need I would gladly do so to spare him the hassle I went through.. " A friend in need is a friend in deed.."

Elf, it's not an attack. It's encouraging people to try and fend for themselves. As I said before, nobody is that busy that they can't wade through 57 pages. You'd spend more time on other things in your day to day life.

If any of this information needed updating, people would provide those updates, as has been witnessed several times in this thread already, so that's no excuse to ask someone else to do your homework for you.

You might be happy to spare him the hassle and repeat everything in some kind of summary but if you consider several people happily answering the same questions over and over again, we would have a lot more than just 57 pages and that makes the root of the problem even worse. Real friends in need don't come to you unless they've exhausted all other options so as not to be a constant burden on their friends.

The question remains - Whats the harm in answering someones question if you could.We've just wasted space on telling someone to read rather adding a constructive post in its place.....Otherwise just leave it. Way the worlds become "..do it yourself--theres nothing in it for me.."

We obviously view this from different perspectives. Your perspective doesn't apply to me because I have made a few contributions without seeking reward.

My perspective, on the other hand, is the world has become lazy and nobody wants to make any academic effort. The arguments put forward weren't a waste at all and are indeed constructive. I can't just leave it. I'd like to think that I can convince at least one person in this world to better themselves so that maybe that growing problem of lacking initiative will fade away instead. These forums exist to distribute knowledge and information. That information is in this thread. All that's left is to read it, not repeat it.

• Like 3

Initiative is spending a few min asking a question BEFORE wasting half a day looking for it- especially if you have half a day to spare.Common sense asking does not mean you are lazy or lacking ability compared to others.it just means you are more readily personable. I read heaps and Im not lazy about anything I must do-Doesnt make me/you "better" than anyone- just makes us different. Lets leave it at that.

Gee wizz.

I'm not new here, Nor lazy.

That busy, I Just haven't been on for a long while.

I have spent my own personal time to help other sau members who have pm in the past.

And bugger me I'm attacked, called lazy by someone ignorant to the facts.

Goes to show, sometimes its better to keep your personal opinions to yourself hay.

Take it seeing Chris has asked for no further input, case closed and nothing available.

Hows that for the long way getting there!!.

Thanks Chris

Rather, if you want to know something and if its important to you, you'll make time to read. And looks to me that what you read Chris said and what I read he said above is totally different.