SAU Community

Software :)

Hey i've been watching this forum very closely but havent posted as im waiting for my carf to clear compliance before i formally introduce myself :happy:..

as for the disc im definitely keen, got the money sitting there waiting, im sure the coilovers can wait another week :D

I'll post some pics up for my baby when i get her in a week or so :P

Kari (NEWCASTLE NSW - 1.5hrs nth of syd)

Hey all, looks like some good work has been done and it is amazing that before i potentially buy a V35 a English conversion may be available. Great work all and good to see that everyone is sharing. Just for the record I am pretty sure a mate of mine has access to a Consult 3...

What year and type of V35 will I need for this Translation disc to work, DVD Rom comes in what models?

Haven't got a new car yet but one of these Coupes is on the list and Iwould be up for this too!

Just a query, someone mentioned a M35, what is that exactly or is it a typo?

Cheers all and I might be joining you soon.

Incidentially, are you all happy with your rides and how do they compare with earlier more performance based Skylines?

Hey all, looks like some good work has been done and it is amazing that before i potentially buy a V35 a English conversion may be available. Great work all and good to see that everyone is sharing. Just for the record I am pretty sure a mate of mine has access to a Consult 3...

What year and type of V35 will I need for this Translation disc to work, DVD Rom comes in what models?

Haven't got a new car yet but one of these Coupes is on the list and Iwould be up for this too!

Just a query, someone mentioned a M35, what is that exactly or is it a typo?

Cheers all and I might be joining you soon.

Incidentially, are you all happy with your rides and how do they compare with earlier more performance based Skylines?

The M35 is the Stagea - historically a wagon based on a skyline chassis.

The most common m35's in Aust run a VQ25DET and AWD instead of the N/A VQ35DE & RWD of the v35 Skylines.

You can see the rear end in my info.

For more info, check here;

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/M3...fo-t185569.html

Beautiful car.. and it has a bit of go too as my mate (v35 owner) found out...

Edited by iamhe77

To the best of my knowldge we are able to conver up to the 2004 V35 but there are still some question marks on the version installed on some of the 2004 models. We will be able to confirm if the conversion will work on the 2004 models and later once we have finalised the set up.

Yes, you need to have the DVD rom drive in the dash (or other location) to be able to install this update.

The new Consult version will not help as it requires a lot more wotk than that to ge the conversion to english done.

I am another M35 owner, you will see a pic of my car in my profile. Practical wagon with the lots of go and great handeling.

Cheers

Andy

To the best of my knowldge we are able to conver up to the 2004 V35 but there are still some question marks on the version installed on some of the 2004 models. We will be able to confirm if the conversion will work on the 2004 models and later once we have finalised the set up.

Yes, you need to have the DVD rom drive in the dash (or other location) to be able to install this update.

The new Consult version will not help as it requires a lot more wotk than that to ge the conversion to english done.

I am another M35 owner, you will see a pic of my car in my profile. Practical wagon with the lots of go and great handeling.

Cheers

Andy

Awww c'mon Andy... You know as well as I do that without those SK Swaybars, our girls hate hugging corners.

Also, I may need 3 DVD's... I just negotiated a bargain for my mate's M35.

Awww c'mon Andy... You know as well as I do that without those SK Swaybars, our girls hate hugging corners.

Also, I may need 3 DVD's... I just negotiated a bargain for my mate's M35.

Are you saying without a set of decent swaybars, there is a lot of body roll and comfort is the order of the day over sharp handling?

Are you saying without a set of decent swaybars, there is a lot of body roll and comfort is the order of the day over sharp handling?

If you get a Rs or OX they are lower and seem to have better standard shocks for handeling. the ARX is certainly set up with 40mm extra clearance and definatley is a comfort cruiser with lots of speed. 0ver taking on the open road is a breeze but watch your speed......

with Bilstein shocks and new Swaybars from Sydney Kid (Selby) the car is transformed and now is sooooo nice to drive and cruise.

the investment is minimal, say $480 for swaybars and $1300 for springs and shocks and you then have aluxury cruiser with LSD rear (other models do not have this as standard).

If you get a Rs or OX they are lower and seem to have better standard shocks for handeling. the ARX is certainly set up with 40mm extra clearance and definatley is a comfort cruiser with lots of speed. 0ver taking on the open road is a breeze but watch your speed......

with Bilstein shocks and new Swaybars from Sydney Kid (Selby) the car is transformed and now is sooooo nice to drive and cruise.

the investment is minimal, say $480 for swaybars and $1300 for springs and shocks and you then have aluxury cruiser with LSD rear (other models do not have this as standard).

Thanks Andy, much appreciated...

As for the Disc of Nissan Aussie Maps, you are still looking aren't you?

It needs to be a DVD too doesn't it? Do you know why it is in that format only as I would imagine if the units to be 'translated' are the DVD types then the unit should also read the necessary files off a CD too...

I have made a few enquiries myself to see if I can get my hands on one.

Will keep you posted if successful.

Thanks Andy, much appreciated...

As for the Disc of Nissan Aussie Maps, you are still looking aren't you?

It needs to be a DVD too doesn't it? Do you know why it is in that format only as I would imagine if the units to be 'translated' are the DVD types then the unit should also read the necessary files off a CD too...

I have made a few enquiries myself to see if I can get my hands on one.

Will keep you posted if successful.

Yes, but even if we can source the right maps and get them coded for the cd or DVD (larger capacity), they will only be static, as in created at one point and not updated to latest maps over the years. Does this still really make them worth while?

Once we can see what we get from the english menu's we will have a better idea of the potential market and can see what can be done.

Cheers

Andy

I have just been told that the Nav system Nissan uses is 'Siemans' and the data comes on a memory card, might have it mixed up and I am on the case to understand the process.

I suppose the files may be the required format...

Edited by Stephen Thorpe

I have just been told that the Nav system Nissan uses is 'Siemans' and the data comes on a memory card, might have it mixed up and I am on the case to understand the process.

I suppose the files may be the required format...

I have it confirmed, there is no Australian Nissan with Standard (Factory) GPS. So no Nissan maps, the unit's use an add on box/wiring GPS that is either dealer fitted (option) or is installed at the dock, in the Nissan holding yard when 'imported' for an Aussie owner. Nothing is installed at the Factory...

As stated the unit uses Siemans software via a memory card of which there is a chance I can get to see one soon. Presumeably, it can be replicated. Incidentially it is a $330 spare part as an upgrade and it is installed in the car behind the glovebox of a Murano and Patrol. It stays with the car in order to work and is not downloaded via a disc.

Does this help?

which takes out the CARWINGS versions. (they are 2004.5 +) I believe.

I'm more interested in the other models it covers..(not just the skyline.)

What is CARWINGS version and what other models?

Either way, if I buy a V35, I would like a TV/DVD/INPUT and GPS (if available) built in like factory, having car 'instruments' is important too.

How much is that worth to be done Chris? Worst case scenario?

so this wont be able convert 2005/2006 models?

Sorry but No. It will work on the V35 to 10/2004.

There are a lot of other models that this conversion will work on also.

Cheers

Andy