SAU Community

Rb25det Max Rwkw With Stock Bottom End?

GTRsean

I am running 231RWKW at 14PSI with awesome reliability. Changing the injectors soon with a more agressive tune will achieve 250 -260rwkw no probs.

I have only had her now for 1 month but she has not skipped a beat. Little bit laggy on a hot day but you get that.

• 2 weeks later...

The guys a dyno queen person, but it has been tuned by people who know their stuff.

Yes I agree it's pointless topic but I was asked to ask the tough (stupid?) question.

It's his daily driver and still going strong. Runs 18PSI every day but doesn't get up it all the time(I wonder why!!)

Thanks for the replys.

I ran 300rwkw for 12 months and 352wkw for 6 months on my stock internaled RB25, was at every drag event, every track event, and used every day to work and back only now is it starting to get some blow by after 18 months of abuse.

Got my poor S14 down the unprepaired 400m in 11.6 @210kph in full street trim with coil overs setup for track racing (10kg/8kg)

I recon the methanol injection I run is a big part into why it lasted this long at 1.5 to 1.6bar on a hybrid GT3076R .82

Jason from WMC was running 370RWKW, did a 10.8 with backing off at the 300metre mark

His motor lasted 8months.

He just kept pushing more and more nitrous down it's throat to find the limit.

370RWKW was the GASLESS power.

The RB25 when setup right, WILL last along time.

The issue is, getting it setup right.

On behalf of a mate who has an R34GTT.

What is the most RWKW you have managed to get from an internally stock(pistons and rods) RB25DET, R33 or R34.

Stock RB25DET NEO,

tomei 260 poncams,

plazmaman intake manifold

High mount mainfold with TO4Z

800cc injectors

044 pump

pressure reg

363RWKW @22PSI Dyno dynamics shootout without nos.

Cheers.

Do you know how many Kms were on this motor?

I would think motor age would play a big part on how long it would last at that sort of power...

• 2 weeks later...
On behalf of a mate who has an R34GTT.

What is the most RWKW you have managed to get from an internally stock(pistons and rods) RB25DET, R33 or R34.

Stock RB25DET NEO,

tomei 260 poncams,

plazmaman intake manifold

High mount mainfold with TO4Z

800cc injectors

044 pump

pressure reg

363RWKW @22PSI Dyno dynamics shootout without nos.

Cheers.

sorry for the offtopic question but does your mate run stronger valve springs with those cams at that powerlevel, or is the head otherwise untouched??

cheers

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It is my r34gtt that GTRsean is talking about way back in nov07 and to even my suprise i still have the same engine in it. All i have done since the fitment of the to4z is change one coil pack.. still drive it to work everyday. It had 98 fuel in when we made 364kw at night and has made within 10kw difference on 2 other dyno's, if anyone was there it is the red 34gtt that was at the unofficial dyno day at hills earlier this year and made 339kw at 20psi.

gotta say what a strong stock bottom end nissan made.

:) I enjoy tales like these, it shows the strength of an RB when tuned / handled by someone with an idea. (The motor's health I'm sure a part to play of course)

Good Work

From what I can see the NEO is alot better engine than the rest the head is obviously different but could be down to newer materials?

I might drag out the power level with my next mods then see how far she can go .. 300rwkw should be enough for work tho.

i know the old jms 33 was running around 400kw and last a year n 1/2 of denzo abuse then another 6 months before it was retired for a 30 bottom end.... which lasted stuff all i think mark went through 3 or 4 bottom ends in the following months, it was then sent back to a rb25 bottom end n mild boost n sold!

go the 25 :P i would say 260-280 with a metal headgasket would be very reliable, then again it depends on how the engine has been maintained throughout its life!

I was running a stock one at 1.5 bar for well over a year at that power level. Now I have a 1.2 tomei and cranked up the boost to around 1.7-1.8 bar if I'm on the Japanese high octane gas, not base gas.