SAU Community

Please Obey Forum Rules Or You Will Be Warned Then Banned

Nightcrawler

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

see peope agree sub forum would be easier... whats the point of moderators if there not gonna listen to the user neeeds?

The point of having moderators is too delete threads and post from wrong-do-ers + moderate the forum to keep people in line. If you want to make suggestions theres an idea and feedback thread at the bottom of the main page.

Why do we need a sub-forum? So each individual threads can be spammed up? With the current setup you scroll through the forsale thread - see something you like? PM the seller.

Problem is Sneezy..... The more sub-forums you create, the more threads, the more threads the more posts, the more posts you have the bigger the database and forum become, which in turn makes the bandwidth required more.....

To run a forum this size the owners are probably already paying close to $800-1000 per month to have it hosted and the required bandwidth. This doesnt count the manhours to set this up, plus all the moderators time in moderating each individual thread. If everyone just stuck with the original single thread and PM the seller this wouldnt be a problem... I dont see the need for a subforum, why not use the general forsale section in the main forum if you want to have an individual thread? We all go there.... if its for SA only.. mark in the heading SA Only, all the people from SA regularly go there.... so its really no big deal.....

If you want to get the forums bigger, I challenge you to make a regular donation to Skylines Australia..... if you dont want to do that, then quit complaining and abide by the rules set down by those in power.

ok, I am sick to death of all the tools not reading the forum rules, and just posting their items for sale in the SA section. This is NOT ON, and I spend way too much time cleaning up after all you fools in general, without having to merge a post a day into the for sale thread or section.

If you have an item to sell, please post it in the 'for sale' thread stickied in the SA section, or in the 'For Sale' forum.

I have been VERY lenient on this in the past, but will start to warn and then ban people if this continues.

Also, it is not kosher to join the site and the same day start flogging your wares. We would much rather you be a part of the Skyline community, come on cruises, be a part of it all, and then use this community to sell your items - rather than you not being around whatsoever, the join the site just to flog your wares. It is not cool at all, and most other forums you require 100 posts to sell anything at all, so we are being very fair.

Any queries or complaints, PM me and I will promptly ban you ass :D READ THE FORUM RULES!

You are a very diplomatic sort eh

love your dialogue not

Mike

Problem is Sneezy..... The more sub-forums you create, the more threads, the more threads the more posts, the more posts you have the bigger the database and forum become, which in turn makes the bandwidth required more.....

To run a forum this size the owners are probably already paying close to $800-1000 per month to have it hosted and the required bandwidth. This doesnt count the manhours to set this up, plus all the moderators time in moderating each individual thread. If everyone just stuck with the original single thread and PM the seller this wouldnt be a problem... I dont see the need for a subforum, why not use the general forsale section in the main forum if you want to have an individual thread? We all go there.... if its for SA only.. mark in the heading SA Only, all the people from SA regularly go there.... so its really no big deal.....

If you want to get the forums bigger, I challenge you to make a regular donation to Skylines Australia..... if you dont want to do that, then quit complaining and abide by the rules set down by those in power.

they are very well put down thoughts, I agree completely put up or shut up

You are a very diplomatic sort eh

love your dialogue not

Mike

ngbbs455d8009c1d9b.jpgnelsonHaHa.jpg

sometimes i don't know y we have an events subforum cos ppl put stuff up in the main section anyway. most times i go to the events section and stuff hasn't been posted there for a couple of weeks (except for today i just noticed)

IM NOT COMPLAINING im making suggestions....nothing wrong with that

they are very well put down thoughts, I agree completely put up or shut up

ngbbs455d8009c1d9b.jpgnelsonHaHa.jpg

Good thoughts but annunciated like a child

Grow up.

Edited by ike

IM NOT COMPLAINING im making suggestions....nothing wrong with that

Nope. Definitely complaining... making a suggestion is when you suggest ways to help rectify the problem.

the for sale thread is shit thats why people post in other places
see peope agree sub forum would be easier... whats the point of moderators if there not gonna listen to the user neeeds?

Calm down guys, SAU is the biggest Skyline forums in the southern hemisphere is wouldn't be so large if it wasn't onto a winning formula

FACT is Adelaide doesn't have that much to sell if your worried about reading 6 pages of for sale stuff before being up to date then its the same as a single forum with 6 pages of back dated things you don't go reading back 6 pages whether in a thread or sub topic DEAL with it

subscribe to the FS thread and be happy with what comes up in the future

mate ur the reason people dont like forums and people think there shit and a waste of time meh cant be bothered anymore run the forums how u want just dont have a cry when people go to other forums

peace out

I assume this is not directed at me?

• 4 weeks later...

Your a fairly new member to SAU so your not aware of what has occurred in the past.

In short there was a big thread; I hit up the Admins for a For Sale sub section as WA had their own.

I was told NO it isn't going to happen so the only answer was to create a forsale thread.

FYI the forsale thread works extremely well; all those that are subscribed to it (which is many more than you realise) receive a notification that a new post has been made. This can be clearly seen when some one makes a new post, your receive an instant notification, click the link and you can see multiple people viewing the thread in a matter of minutes from the time the post was created.

That can't be said for a for sale section UNLESS the individual has manually subscribed to the section to receive email notifications.