SAU Community

Hi Guys.....from The Lil Ole Uk...

Hesh

hi guys and girls from the united kingdom. :whistling::D My name is Simon, usually known as Hesh, and for my sins i drive a spec 1 r33 gts4 4 door. We have a few forums and clubs/groups over here, im one of the north east area reps for skylineowners.com.

tankrdairbrushed.jpg

Ive posted up my "hello" in this section as i couldnt find a "new people" section so i thought this might be apropriate, given that my car is normally asperated.

Actually on that note I and few others have been trying to get info together regarding tubular manifolds for the rb20/25de. the skyline s over here all seem to be turbo'd. either as factory det's or as conversions withthe "de" bottom end. I would rather keep my standard NA and see what can be done. to this end the head has already been ported and polished so my next step is the exhaust.

from a cursory look round this site ive seen a few NA maniolds ..and they look pretty nice. Id be gratefull if any of the more knowledgeable/experienced/techy types could point me in the right direction of any companys that would perhaps be able to supply these to us NA fans over this end of the world.

many thanks

si

Edited by Hesh

hey there,

nice rims and the nissan badge is a good touch.

got any dyno graphs of before and after the port/polish?

i'm running an order for a set of extractors (what you called a manifold) today.

i've attached some pics. seems like you've found the thread in the GB section too.

post-9983-1196720463_thumb.jpg

hi mate, cheers for the nice comments... the rims are now powder coated graphite grey ....(jury still out on whethter that was a good move) and the nissan badge was standard i thought?

as for graphs ..i have some from before, the car made 200.9 at the fly with standard filter and new plugs (though only around 140 at the wheels so transmission is fairly worn....and shes on 19s so the gearing is slightly taller) since then ive had the head work done (result of a garage cock up so i got it cheap and earlier than planned) and fitted a K & N panel filter. Im going to change a few things before i dyno her again.

spitfire coil packs.

exhaust headers/and mid section cat back

suspension upgrades and refurb (already has DBA brakes dics...and when pads due change will fit ferrodos)

larger throttle body and pipes....

remap with the emanage blue...or similar ...i want to keep the variable cam timing.

then perhaps some rb26 rthrottle bodies with an adapter plate.....

YAY!.. Its my car.. but a 33! :D

Hay mate.. and welcome to the forums!

That sounds like a pretty solid basis for an NA skyline! Lookin forward to some dyno graphs!

How did the car react to the spitfire coilpacks?

Its gonna be good to have someone with a different perspective on the forums.. :thumbsup:

gosh those headers are nice Eug, im so pumped about receiving mine! :D

hi funkymonkey...nice to see ya on the flipside!

i havent got the spitfires yet, thats my "planned mods list" she has a slight missfire every now and again once hot so i suspect the standard coilpacks curently fitted are failing. happens anywhere in revs ...2500 3500 and 5400.....just occasionally. unfortualty as im in the uk armed forces most of my plans are on hold till june when i come back from a "busmans holiday" but when im back there will be pots of cash in the bank for a bit of a monster upgrade session! :cheers:

r334x4rrpage1.jpg

r334x4printout.jpg

Edited by Hesh

Si.. WOW!.. WOW!..

Slow DOWN!..

Its too big!..

Any chance we could get a bigger one?..

I cant read anything from that.. nothing except that nasty ass dich you fall into mid way through the graph!.. Whats goin on here?.. Does it start to run rich? Is the "boost" of power after the ditch the affects of the port and polish?

hey and welcome to SAU it a great site, with good people, and i am sure you will find it useful ( i sure do).

EUG those are some bloodly nice headers!! should make a little response on the ole' rb25de!

anyway hesh, no i pretty sure the nissan badge is not stock on the particular model, it looks like it has been put on there..

anyhow any more specs on the the car? k's? age owned etc :P some more pics would be lovely!

interesting dyno graph..strange dip midrange!

hame

interesting dyno graph..strange dip midrange!

hame

True.. Your definately going to want to get your zorst done soon so as the car can platue at the top instead of reaching a point as it does not.. headers will help too :P

hi guys, i thought id put up some more pics as requested and an explaination of the graphs.

apologies for the odd posting times, still getting the time zone thins sorted in my head!

as i bought her with 200sx wheels

th_blackr33gts4.jpg

new boots

polishedandnewwheelstyres.jpg

some arty shots

DSCN0923.jpg

rearfromtankroad.jpg

IMG_0014e.jpg

wheels as they are now ...

graphite1.jpg

and this is what happens when i am allowed to play with spray paints.....

22072007009.jpg

right the figures on the graph are

run 1

max power wheels 134.3 bhp at 6898rpm

max power engine 198 bhp @ 7083rpm

max torque 156.7 lbft @ 5711

run 2

max @wheels 139.7@6879rpm

max @ engine 200.9 @7067

max torque 160lbft @5641rpm

the odd dip in the middle is something id noticed but didnt really ask about as these graphs were for the standard engine "before" ANY mods. (all i had done was fluids change) and were a baseline. she healthier than my last rb25de which only made 186 at the engine. (this one had new plugs though...forgot about that)

she will be dynoed again once the extractors and zorst are fitted and other planned work done. which should be an interesting comparison.

she is a spec 1 1994 model. ive had her since may after this happend to my last one .....also an r33 but a coupe and an gts25s ...auto....

733I0037.jpg

but i have something else on my drive too...

DSCN0905.jpg

hope that clears up any confusion! sorry :nyaanyaa:

Edited by Hesh

The dip is in the torque curve, maybe something to do with vct timing wrong for your setup?

sure it doesnt have different cams or have the cam gears adjusted (or a tooth out)?? thats abnormal for the peak power to be so far up, is it stock ecu? what happened to limiter??

needs to be dumped, 3 inches minumum!

Edited by SKiT_R31

"dumped 3 inches minimum" ...what does that mean?

and as far as i know shes got a standard ecu...though ive never checked.....

cams look stock i think....

22072007002.jpg

22072007001.jpg

the chap who did the work on my head did say that a couple of vavles werent seating correctly...(before hand) so would that account for the dip?

as for the vvt ...no idea....and surely if she was a tooth out on the belt then given that the tolerences are 100thou of an inch she would smack the valves?

i apreciate all input guys as trying to tune these things over here is often greeted with blank looks......

Edited by Hesh

ahh i deffo need to lower it then ....theyre 19s!

dont worry thats in the pipeline too....

where am i looking for the ecu? in the drivers footwell isnt it?

Edited by Hesh

yeah to locate the ecu it is ont he passangers side kick pannel right near the door, look under my D.I.Y for installing an apexi auto timer, i show it int here... hope it helps hesh! regards hame

you can have your cam gear out a tooth, i did with mine, and i have 12:1 CR and high lift cams.

you cant really tell a cam by looking at it, but yours could have a reground one, or an rb20det red top one etc, you never know what those crazy japs could get upto

if you take off the cam gear over you can see if its got adj gears

also while your at it, wind some more ign timing into it, its prety cool over there isnt it? you can net a bit more power that way...

cheers h@me, i found the piccy and will take a peek at my ecu later on today weather permitting.

and skit, i dont think shes got adjustable gears, as i still have the vvt on the intake side.....I am going to have a claer cam cover fitted though just so i can keep and eye on the hks cam belt and spinny bits .....(and it looks nice ...grins)

well is aparently 0115 over there and its now 1515 over here, which means ive written this now but actually posted it tomorow all at the same time.........and who said time travel isnt possible.......mind you being a nurse over here you gotta be able to be in two places at once ..its in the job desription......

hi mate, some of the guys modify the rb26 one ...as below,

skyline133.jpg

but someone did apently find this for the r34 gtt....

clearcamrb25.jpg

some where in your end of the world too.....but no details as to where exactly.