SAU Community

More Power From R34 Gt-t

Hi Guys Girls and everything in between,

Can some of you make some suggestion to how i can increase the power output from my R34 Gt-t Tiptronic i currently have 124kw i would be happy with something around the 180kw range.

I have had some suggestion from running full 3" Turbo back exhaust, Full Front mount intercooler and boost to 12psi has anyone tried this and can provide feedback???

Thanks

A exhaust, FMIC, boost controller, and SAFC will get you around 200kw at the wheels. I would get a tune first as I have a bog stock one and am getting a lot more than that at the wheels. Maybe check your plugs, fuel filter, airfilter etc.

A exhaust, FMIC, boost controller, and SAFC will get you around 200kw at the wheels. I would get a tune first as I have a bog stock one and am getting a lot more than that at the wheels. Maybe check your plugs, fuel filter, airfilter etc.

What are you getting out of interest? auto?

Mine is 138kw running 9psi through the stock exhaust (which is definately holding it back).

If you're only looking at < 200kw, then you can probably skip the FMIC on the 34.

Powerfc won't work with the auto (there are mixed thoughts on this), but emanage ultimate will definately be a better option over the SAFC.

But exhaust should be your first step, then wind up the boost.

I have the FMIC ready to go on this weekend, currently its putting out 124rwkw stock standard nothing diff on the car that was running normal fuel.

The guy who did the dyno run for me was saying with a decent size front mount, 3" turbo back hi flow exhaust, boost controller and 12psi should get somewhere around the 180rwkw. Tell me guys is it really that big of a thing the change the computer i was kinda hoping to avoid the expence. Excuse the ingnorance but i am new to turbo cars give me a good old 4, 6 or 8 cylinder and im sweet ha ha

post-44434-1196810538_thumb.jpg

If you're only chasing 180kw then the boost controller and full exhaust would be all you'd need.

General concensus is the stock R34 SMIC hits it's peak around the 200kw+, then again a cooler intake charge is always a good thing which is what the FMIC will give you

Good idea to get a SAFC NEO to optimise your mods,

I'd personally get a replacement ecu like power fc as the tuning bug inevitably bites again after awhile.

1. full exhaust

2. fmic if you want

3. boost controller

4. SAFC or ECU

My 33 is puttin out 183kw

3" Turbo back exhaust

Pod Filter

Power Fc Tuned by Re Customs

Stock Boost solinoid is allowing 10-11PSI simply with the aftermarket exhaust (mostly helped but the split dump pipe id say)

I wouldnt be too stressed about a fmic if you just after the 180 mark, specially since you got a 34. But on the other hand why the hell not :nyaanyaa:

ECU is the way to go. or at least some sort of air/fuel controller otherwise you wont see the full potencial of you mods. The stock computer will detune itself as a protection mechanism. Or worst case scenario the car runs lean. but at these power goals i dout leaning out should be to much of an issue. running rich is far more likely.

Yeah working on cars is fun but if u wanna waste money in the long run why not throw it off a bridge :nyaanyaa: or give it to me to work on my car LOL

Edited by Camo34

Get a frontmount, a good CAI (with Pod), full turbo-back exhaust system, boost controller, a BOV and a good ECU or piggy-back ECU then you will hit the 200 kw mark.

FMIC+POD= defect in vic and possibly other states, FMIC is un-nessesary for R34's for 200rwkw. Just get an apex'i panel. great quality.

Full exhaust with high-flow cat is a must

Boost control, Jaycar IEBC is good value for money. or if you can afford it, blitz ID3 is known to be good.

BOV is a waste of money, causes issues with AFM cars, and doesnt improve performance, when your stock once starts to leak, get one GTR unit.

if on a budget again use a jaycar DFA, if you have money get an E-Manage Ultimate(EMU). If you go the DFA route, look for an Apex'i SITC second hand if you can, my theory is when going past a DFA(getting an SITC, i would just get an EMU)

So costs here are:

Apex'i filter: $80

Full exhaust: HKS catback from justjap for $800, GKTECH or Justjap front/dumps, ~$200 Highflow cat: PM BATMBL, think they are ~300 So max $1350 for a full exhaust

Jaycar kits: IEBC $70, DFA 70, i think the hand controller was ~$50 Apex'i SITC ~250

Tune shouldn't be over 300?

So the grand total Shouldnt be over $2200 if you get an SITC and allow 300 for the tune. OR under 2800 with an EMU

Cheers,

-Ryan

Hey Guys,

Budget is currently about $3000,00 over the next few months so i should be alrite there. I bought a bloody Just Jap intercooler kit the passenger side piping is sweet and there ain't no way in hell im cutting a big bloody hole in the side of my car i think i will reverse the intake for the cooler and run it back through the orig pipe work least that way the coldest air will be running straight into the engine and not passing the radiator 1st, can anyone tell me if $1280 is a good deal for a full Turbo back exhaust 3" should i be asking for a split dump pipe???

Edited by Nic & Dee

FYI, I have a 2001 R34GTXT, and with CES turbo back exhaust (www.cesracing.com.au) K&N Panel filter, and with boost naturally rising to 10-11Psi from the exahust upgrade, I managed to achieve 174rwKw @ the wheels. With the boost screwed to 12Psi with the $22 Turbotech bleed valve, I was able to squeeze another few kw to 181rwKw.

No other mods needed for this output and the car is my wifes daily driver. The car also see's regular track days during the colder months of the year, although with 2 kids the car has lacked track use this year.

My budget is not very high, Mark at Hills motorsport suggested starting with FMIC, Turbo back exhaust with split dump pipe full 3", decent boost controller and lock the boost at 11 or 12psi. I have budgeted for $3000.00